bulky offensive toast[OU RMT]

well its been a long while since my last RMT,yes this is another one of my offensive teams,but your free to take a quick glance at my team:
Bulky Offensive toast

most of my team consists of bulky sweepers,2 physical,2 special,and a mixed attacker.none of my teammates are really worried about stealth rocks nor toxic spikes(however some of my teammates do fear spikes).most of them can help out with each others weaknesses(most notably gilscor and empoleon)
,and their role is to sweep right?

not really,while sweeping is one thing.scouting(gilscor and scizor),absorbing status(empoleon,rotom and machamp) or even show some help for they,re teammates(kingdra with rain dance,which powers up empoleons surf)is a different thing altogether
note that i suck at intros,oh well
n
the idea of this team is to take a hit while still have the power to sweep.

lets look at the team building process shall we?
--------
firstly i wanted a lead who can taunt slower leads and lay its own rocks,the choice between aerodactyl and gilscor was a tough one yet when i reliased gilscors amazing bulk on the physical side and has the ability to scout with u-turn,gilscor seemed the superior option

so now we have a lead who can take on the physical side of things,now i needed someone who can take gilscors nasty X4 ice weakness while still benifiting from gilscors typing,empoleon was the pefect canidate for this,as sub peyata torrent boosted surfs can really do alot in most of the metagame.futhermore empoleons special bulk combined with its great typing made it an overall soild choice to the team

looking back at the team,gyrados pretty much destroys both with waterfall and earthquake,a sub charge beam rotom-h was a pretty good fit for gyrados as it has the defenses to take atleast one waterfall,futhermore it can also be a decent check against scizor
(i cant find the rotom-h sprite )
so now we have 2 special sweepers and a lead,its time to add some physical pokemon to the team.i really wanted a decent check for tyarnitar,weavile or even SD lucario(with crunch)atleast machamp can take on both tynaritar and weavile.

looking back at the team,i needed something to take on psychics and ghosts,most notably gengar.scizor was always a good check against both with STAB bullet punch and pursuit.

the team was almost complete with both physical and special powerhorses maybe i can add a mixed attacker on the last slot?eariler i have tried a nasty plot mixape but it wasnt very good,my team has troubles with some dragons.a mixed rain dance kingdra was great as not only it can sereverly dent stuff with rain boosted surfs but it can also help empoleon power up his surfs.

and thus,the team is complete.

with that out the way,heres my team close -up:
--------

gilscor@leftovers
ability:hyper cutter
Evs:252 Hp/40 def/216 Spd
nature:jolly
-stealth rock
-taunt
-u-turn
-earthquake

gilscor is a very good albert silghtly underrated lead and can function very well thanks to gilscors great physical bulk and good speed.it stops slower leads like swampert and metagross setting up stealth rock with taunt,then lays its own rocks.earthquake is gilscors main STAB move and help greatly against steel types who can give gilscor some trouble.

what mainly serperates it from aerodactyl was u-turn,it not only allows gilscor to scout but it also gives free switchs once the foe is fooilsh enough to switch thinking that gilscor is using earthquake.gilscor is also my best hope against lucario.should it switch in on gilscor,jolly allows it to outpace most lucarios with ease.gilscor can taunt lucario,and can then finish it off with earthquake.
Synergy:
ice goes to empoleon and scizor,while water goes to empoleon and kingdra.

Empoleon@peyata berry
Evs:12 Hp/12 Def/252 sp attack/232 speed
Nature:modest
-Substitude
-Agility
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Empoleon is the special "core" of the team,because STAB torrent boosted surfs can spell doom to a team,and with the peyata boost and rain.it can do alot of damage,agility increses empoleons sweeping potential as Empoleon needs speed to outspeed some threats like life orb gengar,Zapdos or gilscor.Empoleons can then use substitude until it reaches its peyata+torrent boost then it can use its STAB surfs to wreak havoc among teams,ice beam allows empoleon to dent those who resist empoleons surfs,like celebi and salamence.

synergy:
ground attacks go to gilscor and rotom,all fighting and electric attacks go to gilscor

Rotom-h
@leftovers
Evs:64 Hp/212 Spd/232 Sp.attack
nature:timid
-charge beam
-substitude
-thunderbolt
-shadow ball

a sub charge beam rotom is a pefect fit on my team.as charge beam is our favorite toasters only way of boosting his good special attack stat.substitude means that rotom-h wont have to worry about status,substitude is also a great way of protecting rotom from such assualts such as weaviles night slash,gengars shadow ball,and lucarios crunch.Thunderbolt and shadow ball provides STAB for rotom-h and is also his main way of dealing with pokemon who are weak to electric/ghost(most notably gyrados and opposing rotoms)and charge beam allows rotom to boost its special attack while still doing good damage to pokemon.
Synergy
dark and ghost moves goes to empoleon and scizor and machamp(for dark)

Machamp
@leftovers
ability:No gurad
Evs:252 HP/252 Atk/4 spd
nature:adamant
-dynamite punch
-payback
-rest
-sleep talk

machamp is at best my status absorber and physical sweeper.it heals any such status with rest(and can absorb sleep with sleep talk) and can fight back with the ever annoying dynamite punch,with a 100% confuse rate and STAB dynamite punch is machamps main attack and can deal with steels and darks.payback are mainly for Rotom-a and gengar but can also be used against psychics like cressila and azelf.

machamp is chosen over other fighting types thanks to its bulk.it can survive a +1 gyrados waterfall and can confuse gyrados with dynamite punch,resting off the damge and hopefully praying that gyrados hurts itself,giving one more turn for machamp to live.machamp can also survive such other attacks like heatrans fire blasts,unboosted salamences outrages/draco meteor and lucaris close combats
Synergy:
flying moves go to empoleon,psychic moves go to scizor and empoleon.

Scizor@
choice band
ability:technition
Evs:248 Hp/252 Atk/8 Spd
nature:adamant
-bullet punch
-pursuit
-u-turn
-superpower

this scizor is just like most other Scizors,it destroys psychics and ghosts with pursuit,send steels flying with superpower and scout with u-turn,Scizor is mainly used as a gengar counter.bullet punch is scizors main STAB move and is used to pick off fragile/weakened pokemon.pursuit can score KOs on psychics not named cressila,it can also do a huge amount of damage to fleeing ghosts,u-turn allows scizor to scout and has much of the same purpose as gilscor,and superpower does damge to steel types and bilssey
Synergy
fire attacks go to kingdra

Kingdra@
life orb
ability:swift swim
Evs:252 atk/16 speed/240 sp atk
nature:lonely
-rain dance
-waterall
-draco meteor
-surf
and now we reach kingdra,the mixed attacker of the team.its fantastic typing,good offensive stats,and swift swim makes kingdra a potent mixed threat,rain dance allows it to help empoleon and itself.Surf is kingdras main water move on the special side and also does some major damge to grounds such as hippodown.while waterfall hits on the physical side of things and is kingdras main weapeon against bilssey,draco meteor is kingdras strongest attack and can do alot to Rotom-a.Draco meteor also helps against salamence and opposing kingdra who can destroy kingdra with outrage.
----
thats my team when i playtested it,it was pretty good the only problem being vaporeon if rotom-h is down.

your free to see the medicore threat list below

Threat List
------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Green means they are not a problem for me.
  • Orange means they can cause a bit of trouble.
  • Red means they are very difficult to take down.
Offensive Threats
Aerodactyl : most variants are stopped cold by scizor,rotom-h can threaten aerodactyl with thunderbolt.
---
Alakazam : scizor can destroy alakazam with little trouble.
---
Azelf : Gilscor can u-turn the lead variants,all other variants are stopped by scizor and if it doesn’t pack hidden power fighting, Empoleon.
---
Breloom: the subseeder in particular gives me problems.machamp can absorb the spore,scizor can bullet punch and rotom-h can laugh at its attacks.
---
Dragonite : Kingdra and Empoleon can threaten dragonite with draco meteor and ice beam respectively,scizor can handle most dragonites not packing a fire move.
---
Dugtrio : Scizor can revenge kill with bullet punch.kingdra can take an earthquake and fight back with its STAB water attacks
---
Electivire :Rotom-h can wall it all day,machamp can take most of electrivires attacks and dent it with dynamite punch.
---
Empoleon :Sub peyata empoleon gives me problems,if it gets a peyata boost and +2 speed then it can cause chaos on my team.Scizor can pick down a weakend empoleon with bullet punch,all other variants are stopped by rotom-h.
---
Flygon : Scizor can handle scarf variants with ease,kingdra in the rain can outspeed choice band variants and can KO with draco meteor.
---

Gengar : scizor can handle most variants without hidden power fire,machamp can take a hit and blast gengar with payback.
---
Gyarados:rotom-h stops DD variants,empoleon can take a chunk out of its HP with torrent peyata boosted surfs.
---
Heatran :if heatran is locked into dragon pulse or hidden power ice,empoleon can set up agilities and can destroy heatran with surf,if its not scarfed then gilscor can deal with the lead variants and sometimes the subtran variants.
---
Heracross : Gilscor can take it on,although it doesn’t have much to attack heracross.scizor can bullet punch.
---
Infernape : kingdra handles infernape with ease.macahmp can take a hit,and can do a lot of damage with dynamite punch.
---
Jirachi : if its scarfed,it can be very annoying.my best hope is rotom-h who can do some decent damge with thunderbolt.
---
Jolteon:If its packing hidden power ice,it can be tricky.machamp can take a hit and can deal major damge with dynamite punch.
---
Kingdra :if its in the rain then DD kingdra can be abit hard to counter,Empoleon can handle non-life orb variants with ease,empoleon can also handle most other variants if its not packing hidden power electric.
---
Latias :Scizor can handle this with ease as pursuit hurts a lot.machamp can payback,and empoleon can handle non-CM variants.
---
Lucario : if lucario is without ice punch,Gilscor can counter lucario,if its not packing a super effective move then rotom laughs at it.
---
Machamp :if its not packing ice punch,then Gilscor.if its not packing payback,then rotom-h.
---
Magnezone:Gilscor counters any magnezone that’s not packing hidden power ice or magnet rise.machamp can KO it with dynamite punch.
---
Mamoswine :scizor stops most mamoswine variants,kingdra can surf it,and machamp can dynamite punch it.
---
Metagross :gilscor can handle lead variants.kingdra doesn’t take much from its attacks and can fight back with surf.
---
Porygon-Z: scizor revenge kills it.
---
Rhyperior:kingdra and empoleon can handle it with ease
---
(cant find the sprite)rotom-a:my own rotom can dent the standard variant,kingdra also does some decent damage
with draco meteor/surf

---
Salamence:DD mence is a problem,if my empoleon gets an agility through then it can kill it with ice beam.kingdra in the rain can KO with draco meteor.and scizor can take on most variants without fire blast.
---
Scizor:Rotom-h counters it with ease,it has to watch out for pursuit through.if its locked into bullet punch then empoleon and kingdra can switch in,and can fight back with surf.
---
Starmie :scizor can pursuit it,rotom-h can destroy it with shadow ball/thunderbolt.
---
Togekiss : only the parafilnch set is a problem ,scizor can handle most variants without flamethrower,rotom-h also handles any togekiss not carrying shadow ball.
---
Tyranitar :scizor and machamp can both counter it with their STAB moves,empoleon can handle anything without earthquake,and can fight back with peyata boosted torrent surfs
---
Weavile : again scizor and machamp.
---
Yanmega:scizor can handle yanmega with bullet punch.

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey :most of my team can handle bilssey with ease.scizor can superpower,machamp can dynamite punch,kingdra can waterfall and gilscor can earthquake/u-turn.
---
Bronzong :empoleon can destroy bronzong with peyata boosted surfs,kingdra in the rain can surf,machamp can dynamite punch,and rotom-h can wall it with ease.
---
Celebi :scizor and rotom-h can destroy celebi with ease
---
Cresselia :again scizor and rotom-h can counter it with pursuit and shadow ball.
---
Donphan :kingdra and empoleon can surf.
---
Forretress:rotom-h can counter forrey without payback,empoleon can dent it with torrent boosted surfs.and kingdra can fire rain boosted surfs.
---
Gliscor:kingdra in the rain can fire surfs,if I win the speed tie,gilscor can taunt it preventing the foes lead gilscor to set up rocks.
---
Hippowdon :kingdra and empoleon can surf.
---
Skarmory : rotom can thunderbolt skaromy.
---
Snorlax: scizor can blast it with superpower,machamp can dynamite punch it.and empoleon can do decent damage with rain torrent peyata boosted surfs
---
Suicune:crocunes are hard to deal with,if it has gotten boosts from charge beam rotom-h can thunderbolt. however if it has roar then im in trouble.
---
Swampert :rotom-h can shadow ball,machamp can dynamite punch and kingdra can batter it with surf.
---
Tentacruel :gilscor can taunt and then proceed to dent it with earthquake,rotom-h can thunderbolt.
---
Vaporeon :rotom-h can thunderbolt and if its behind a sub,it doesn’t really need to fear toxic.
---
Zapdos:rotom-h laughs at it I guess.

and that’s it! The team in all its glory.

Hey toaster, I promised you a rate and this is what I came up with. You made it difficult on me by putting together a very solid bunch, but I've done my best to find useful suggestions focused on addressing the threats mentioned on your list. I really don't see any fundamental problems with the team - all of the movesets and EV spreads are pretty standard and reasonable, and if I count correctly you don't have a single repeated type weakness to contend with so you're solid there.

As far as Breloom goes, you seem to have it handled pretty well, particularly subseed variants, even without using Machamp's Sleep Talk as an answer. Once something goes down to Spore, Scizor can come in and U-Turn to break the sub or throw off Leech Seed, and bring you into Rotom (or Gliscor if Rotom is out of commission) to absorb any attempts at Focus Punching. Rotom and Gliscor are each capable of basically shutting Breloom down, with Sub and Taunt respectively.

I'm wondering whether Grass Knot over Ice Beam on Empoleon might be worth a try. Ice Beam is your only ice move, so losing it is pretty undesirable, but it gives you something to try against enemy Empoleons and Suicunes. Dragons are way more popular than either of those (Salamence alone is more popular than both of them combined, I'm sure), it's worth noting, but your team seems like it should be able to handle dragons decently well with Kingdra and Scizor so the loss of ice for them might not be a critical problem. As long as your SpAtk boosts keep pace with Suicune's SpDef boosts (i.e. you're both +0 or +1), you have a 2HKO with GK after SR and Leftovers, and while it's only marginally better than Surf against Empoleon, it at least guarantees you 25% against standard Empoleons, so you'll break subs and KO them if they get down to Torrent range. (One Surf from an enemy +1 Torrent Empoleon doesn't bring you down to your own Torrent unless you've got prior damage on you, even after SR, so Grass Knot maintains its damage advantage over Surf in that scenario.) Just something to bear in mind there.

Looking at some of the other threats you have highlighted, I wondered whether running more special defense on either Scizor or Machamp might be helpful, to make it easier to switch one of them in on generic special attackers. It looks like Machamp can't really run more Special Defense without losing effectiveness. Scizor, on the other hand, can drop a lot of Attack and/or HP into SpDef (in the style of the Ubers spread, though perhaps not going so far as to run Careful) and still do plenty of damage. I don't know if this seems useful to you or not, but I thought I might as well point it out.

That's everything I could think of. I really like this team.

I'm wondering whether Grass Knot over Ice Beam on Empoleon might be worth a try. Ice Beam is your only ice move, so losing it is pretty undesirable, but it gives you something to try against enemy Empoleons and Suicunes. Dragons are way more popular than either of those (Salamence alone is more popular than both of them combined, I'm sure), it's worth noting, but your team seems like it should be able to handle dragons decently well with Kingdra and Scizor so the loss of ice for them might not be a critical problem. As long as your SpAtk boosts keep pace with Suicune's SpDef boosts (i.e. you're both +0 or +1), you have a 2HKO with GK after SR and Leftovers, and while it's only marginally better than Surf against Empoleon, it at least guarantees you 25% against standard Empoleons, so you'll break subs and KO them if they get down to Torrent range. (One Surf from an enemy +1 Torrent Empoleon doesn't bring you down to your own Torrent unless you've got prior damage on you, even after SR, so Grass Knot maintains its damage advantage over Surf in that scenario.) Just something to bear in mind there.
since nowadays most dragons such as salamence pack fire blast to destroy scizor,if salamence or any other dragon outrages on kingdra(scarfgon most notably)i can switch to empoleon and start setting up a sub to ice beam it from any other attempts of sweeping my team.

if i lose scizor then grass types such as celebi walls empoleon completly,celebi can earth power empoleon while surviving a surf.destroying empoleon and my special core of the team.

i may try grass knot through,seeing as i dont have much against swampert and suicune.

Cool team.

I think Latias can fit much better into your team over Kingdra's position. A Scarf variant will allow you to beat Salamence. Here is the set

Latias@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid or Modest
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed

Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick

There you go! All you need to do is switch Latias into a Dragon Dance, and smack it with a STAB Draco Meteor. Surf provides coverage along with Thunderbolt. Trick your Scarf onto stuff like Blissey to cripple them.

Hope I helped and Good Luck.

Cool team.

I think Latias can fit much better into your team over Kingdra's position. A Scarf variant will allow you to beat Salamence. Here is the set

Latias@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid or Modest
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed

Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick

There you go! All you need to do is switch Latias into a Dragon Dance, and smack it with a STAB Draco Meteor. Surf provides coverage along with Thunderbolt. Trick your Scarf onto stuff like Blissey to cripple them.

Hope I helped and Good Luck.
kingdra can outspeed mence with rain dance while its dragon dancing,and can KO with draco meteor.

and kingdra has a better typing than latias,with latias i now have 2 that are weak to ice(latias gilscor) and 2 that are weak to ghost and dark(rotom-h and latias).futhermore im not sure if having 3 special sweepers is a good thing.

I like the team alot, Toaster but lets see, I think MixMence, would fit good in Kingdras place because It is mixed, but It doesn't need to setup rain, so I think that would be helpful.

Also I think you should add Grass knot to the Empoleon.

You might want to check your spelling to some of your moves, etc.

Good Team though.

I'm not seeing much support for Empoleon here. Empoleon is an excellent late-game sweeper, but there are a number of pokemon that give it difficulties that you don't effectively counter, I feel.

Rather than telling you to add surefire counters to Crocune, add Toxic Spikes, and all the other supporting factors like that, I think it's much more straightforward to just change your late-game sweeper.

A similar role to Empoleon can be filled by Calm Mind Latias or Sub-CM Jirachi. I think Jirachi fills the role most effectively with respect to the rest of your team, especially since ScarfJirachi is what most people expect, which usually lets you get a free Substitute/Calm Mind in when you bluff Trick.

@2nd age criminal:i tried mixmence as well,it doesnt really seem good having 2 X4 ice weaks,in the rain kingdra outspeeds many threats that mence cannot and can KO most of them with its STAB moves

@Mrindigo:in the rain empoleon with the torrent boosts will really plow through the teams counters,ill test sub-CM jirachi through.

thanks for the suggestion people!

Maybe Stone edge over payback so you can hit gyarados and mence.I don't think payback is needed on machamp,since you can setup against resttalking rotom-A with your own rotom-H.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have to say, Toaster, I dont really think that there is much to rate about. You put together a very solid bunch. I think that changing even one member of your team would greatly upset the balance, so I'm just going to suggest changing Scizor to a Swords Dance Variant:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break / Superpower
~ Roost / Pursuit

Swords Dance Scizor is a massive threat in the OU metagame, capable of sweeping unprepared teams single-handedly after a Swords Dance. I think that a Swords Dance variant would fit your team much better than the current Choice Bander, seeing as your team doesnt have a Rapid Spinner; entry hazard damage will rack up quickly. Also, this set offers more power coupled with the ability to switch attacks. The trick is to bring it in on a move that can't really hurt it, such as a Choice Scarf Flygon's Outrage, or just in on a Pokemon that it will scare out (practically every Pokemon in OU). Then you Swords Dance on the switch, and boom, you're set to sweep. If you manage to sneak in two Swords Dances..."gg" for the opponent. Bullet Punch is so obvious, a blind and retarded kid would need no explanation as to why it is used; same goes for Swords Dance. Now, the choice between Brick Break and Superpower really just depends on what you are willing to give up. If you dislike the stat drop that comes with Superpower, than Brick Break is a fine choice. However, if you're like me, and just want the move that can mash your opponent's head in the hardest, than Superpower is clearly superior. In the fourth slot, either Roost or Pursuit is acceptable. If your team fears Latias (although it looks as though it doesnt), then Pursuit is a good choice. Otherwise, Roost is better, as it gives you great longevity.

It should be noted that Scizor has MASSIVE problems trying to take down Heatran. For that reason, it would probably be smart of you to make sure that either:

A. Your opponent hasn't got a Heatran or...
B. It is alreadly killed by either Empoleon, Gliscor, Machamp, or Kingdra.

Your team really deals with Heatran splendidly, so it shouldnt be much of a concern to you at all. Just thought that I would mention it, better safe than sorry, you know! :)

Anywayz, hope I helped, and good luck! =)

@Minato:payback is used for psychics and other ghosts,not just rotom.and stone edge is quite risky.ill just stick to Rotom-H for gyrados and salamence(who can be dealt with,thanks to kingdra luring mence to outrage then switching to empoleon.)

@snorlaxxz:Scizor is my all out attacker.SD variants means that i become more prone to taunt,which can spell doom to scizor and to the rest of the team.(however SD scizor can do alot more damage than choice band.ill try this out maybe)

thanks for the suggestions people!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)