SM OU Burning Dragon Bugs

hEy,
So I've been using this team and it has got me to peak at 1450, higher than i have ever been before ;). Recently though I've been losing a lot so i thought i may as well put it here and show it to u awful brilliant lot.

TEAMBUILDING:

The team is centred around Zard X, so i started here. I knew I would be threatened by things like Duggy, Lando T, Fini and Greninja, so i centered the next few members around this:

Next up was obvious for me, Pheromosa. I have had great success in the past with this mon and it checks so many of Zard's counters, U-Turn for gren, P Jab for the tapus, Ice Beam for Lando/ Duggy, this mon is just great. However I was developing a growing weakness to Rocks, so I made the obvbious decision:

Tapu Fini. Not much to say about this mon other than how awesome it is. I have a bulky defogger to clear rocks on my team now, as well as a switch in to a variety of tanks/set-up mons. Fini is also a great stallbreaker with natures madness.

I next chose Magearna. Originally a Magnezone, in the end I favoured Magearna over Zones' trapping power due to slightly more bulk and an awesome ability that lets me clear the path late game with this mon if it is really needed. Magearna also clears steel types nearly as well with Aura Sphere. Magearna is a great switch-in to a variety of special attackers and also provides a SlowTurn with volt switch, adding even more worth to its place on my team.

Landorus came after this. I needed a ground immunity and this was the obvious option for me. A bulky yet offenisve pivot on this team worked miracles for Phero and saved Magearna thousands of times. Another thing is it also sets up rocks very well.

Tapu Lele was a very obvious last decision. I needed a special attacker on my team, and this speedy, super-powerful guy was the perfect choice. With a scarf, outspeeds nearly all non-scarfed squishy attackers, and puts their miserable lives to an end. It also gives me a switch in if i think a priority move is obvious.

SETS:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Pretty standard set here. Made it jolly to outspeed alot of things, also Mega Charizard X doesn't get a speed boost, so Jolly helps out there. Roost is on the set as it helps recover up Stealth Rock/Recoil damage against non-threatening pokemon. I mostly use this guy to sweep late game.

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

This set is a little more interesting. The moves are pretty standard, but I also run choice scarf. This makes Phero a great lead as i outspeed pretty much everything in the entire tier and if its not favourable for me, I can just U-turn out for some more damage. I also made it naughty to slightly boost its attack ahead of its speed, as then i get the attack boost from beast boost. Quite often my lead, but can also clean up late game.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Standard set once again here. Scald for an attack that can burn if terrain is not up, defog for ridding of rocks, nature's madness for stallbreaking and taunt to block set up/stall mons. 64 speed means it outspeeds a lot of mons, like 0 speed EV Lando T and pretty much every stall mon in the game. I usually use it as a switch in against mons like Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, but occasionally I lead with it too.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere

Magearna is a massive, tanky threat. With aura sphere I can hit both normals and steels hard, and I get a Dark type counter without losing -2 SpA. As I said earlier, Volt Switch gives a great pivot. Assault Vest means that it can switch in on nearly every mon, as its great typing allows it to tank hits of nearly every type. Usually I use it mid to late game, when I can clean up with not much to hit me.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Pretty standard Landorus set here. EQ lets me switch in quite safely into MegaGross, and Rock Slide is there over knock off to counter Mega Pinsir, which can be a major threat to my team if Lele is gone. U-turn gives me a slow pivot, and rocky helmet gives some ever-important chip damage to he who dares attack the god of abundance with a physical move. Rocks are rocks. Usually go into quite early, occasionally i even lead with it.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele is here and back with another standard set. I run max speed and scarf so that I outspeed many, many things, and psychic terrain blocks all priority moves for me. Focus blast is the only odd move here, and I use it for the same reasons that I use aura sphere on Magearna, but here Focus Blast hits steels harder than nearly all of the other moves on this set.

CONCLUSION:
To conclude, absolutely any suggestions on this team will be very much appreciated.
Thanks, and I'll leave you with an Importable:

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Last edited:

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi there cool team. One of the biggest issues I noticed this team has to deal with is Double Dance Landorus-T. With it's ability to setup on a Choice locked Pheromosa, Charizard-X, -1 Magearna, and your own Landorus-T, it could be quite troublesome to deal with. I also saw that this team could have trouble breaking Tapu Fini as with it's incredible bulk, and typing it can eat a lot of hits, and whittle this team down with Nature's Madness. It can also prevent Mega Charizard from sweeping which could be game changing. With that being said here are my suggested changes.

Making Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice provides this team a counterplay vs DD Landorus-T. With Rock Slide, it does very little damage and is setup fodder. Hidden Power Ice is a guaranteed 2HKO meaning that if they try to setup a Rock Polish, they won't be able to kill you while their threat vs your team dies. Running Hidden Power Ice to hit opposing Landorus-T also paves a way for Mega Charizard-X to sweep since most offensive teams use Landorus-T to check it. One of the biggest problems that could come with replacing Rock Slide is this team becomes a lot weaker to Volcarona, but with Charizard-X and Pheromosa, Volcarona can be dealt with. Mega Pinsir can still be checked by the likes of Mega Charizard, and also have it's Quick Attack blocked by Tapu Lele.

The only thing I would change about this is making the item Choice Specs. With Choice Specs Tapu Lele has the ability to 2HKO Tapu Fini with Psyshock wearing it down for Charizard-X. Choice Specs Lele can also one shot offensive Landorus-T, meaning that if it were to get up a Swords Dance vs Landorus-T, Tapu Lele can outspeed and OHKO with Psyshock if they were to stay in. The biggest problem that this could create is creating a weakness to Mega Pinsir, but Mega Pinsir can be played around with Landorus-T + Magearna + Mega-Charizard-X.

Also run Lonely nature on Pheromosa so you get the Attack boost upon landing a KO, while also taking Ash Greninja's Water Shuriken a little better.

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Last edited:
Hi there cool team. One of the biggest issues I noticed this team has to deal with is Double Dance Landorus-T. With it's ability to setup on a Choice locked Pheromosa, Charizard-X, -1 Magearna, and your own Landorus-T, it could be quite troublesome to deal with. I also saw that this team could have trouble breaking Tapu Fini as with it's incredible bulk, and typing it can eat a lot of hits, and whittle this team down with Nature's Madness. It can also prevent Mega Charizard from sweeping which could be game changing. With that being said here are my suggested changes.

Making Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice provides this team a counterplay vs DD Landorus-T. With Rock Slide, it does very little damage and is setup fodder. Hidden Power Ice is a guaranteed 2HKO meaning that if they try to setup a Rock Polish, they won't be able to kill you while their threat vs your team dies. Running Hidden Power Ice to hit opposing Landorus-T also paves a way for Mega Charizard-X to sweep since most offensive teams use Landorus-T to check it. One of the biggest problems that could come with replacing Rock Slide is this team becomes a lot weaker to Volcarona, but with Charizard-X and Pheromosa, Volcarona can be dealt with. Mega Pinsir can still be checked by the likes of Mega Charizard, and also revenge killed with Tapu Lele.

The only thing I would change about this is making the item Choice Specs. With Choice Specs Tapu Lele has the ability to 2HKO Tapu Fini with Psyshock wearing it down for Charizard-X. Choice Specs Lele can also one shot offensive Landorus-T, meaning that if it were to get up a Swords Dance vs Landorus-T, Tapu Lele can outspeed and OHKO with Psyshock if they were to stay in. The biggest problem that this could create is creating a weakness to Mega Pinsir, but Mega Pinsir can be played around with Landorus-T + Magearna + Mega-Charizard-X.

Also run Lonely nature on Pheromosa so you get the Attack boost upon landing a KO, while also taking Ash Greninja's Water Shuriken a little better.

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
Ok, TY so much for the tips. I'll definitely try them out now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)