not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

man I'd be so pissed if I died before the end of One Piece

Like if I was hit by a car tomorrow, my last thoughts would prolly be "fuck man now I'll never know what the One Piece is"

Like if I get to see the final chapter of One Piece and I die, I mean I wouldn't be happy, but my final thoughts would prolly be "man that One Piece really was something ey"

if i am a writer, and I start every paragraph by saying what the paragraph is about when I already said it in the first paragraph, and then restate all of my points upon ending the piece, while having the entire piece fall into a cookie cutter format with exactly five sentences for each paragraph, each being variations of the same mad-lib, will I ever be taken seriously?

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
if i am a writer, and I start every paragraph by saying what the paragraph is about when I already said it in the first paragraph, and then restate all of my points upon ending the piece, while having the entire piece fall into a cookie cutter format with exactly five sentences for each paragraph, each being variations of the same mad-lib, will I ever be taken seriously?
no you will not
I didn't even bother to read your entire post

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
"James Bond in Melee" is my favorite pop culture what-if scenario. Can you imagine the precedent that would set and the roster picks it would lead to in future Smash Bros games? Imagine Scrooge McDuck as a retro rep like R.O.B. and Duck Hunt with a remix of The Moon

I messed up

what I meant to do was say "Hey [dogs name], can you do anything useful?"

what I actually did was say "Hew [dogs name]" *turns to my mom* "can you do anything useful?"

how long do I have left to live?

man I'd be so pissed if I died before the end of One Piece

Like if I was hit by a car tomorrow, my last thoughts would prolly be "fuck man now I'll never know what the One Piece is"

Like if I get to see the final chapter of One Piece and I die, I mean I wouldn't be happy, but my final thoughts would prolly be "man that One Piece really was something ey"
I know literally nothing about One Piece and have zero desire to change that fact but I hope in the end they baited the fuck out of you clowns and it's like "maybe the real one piece was the friends we made along the way" or some shit.

i was gonna write an entire CER paragraph on the lavos rant to prove a point but then i realized that is an overdone joke and would be a waste of time on everyone's part, so i'm just gonna say that Cancel cult would have had his GPA irreperably damaged by my 8th grade lit teacher

I know literally nothing about One Piece and have zero desire to change that fact but I hope in the end they baited the fuck out of you clowns and it's like "maybe the real one piece was the friends we made along the way" or some shit.
There's this very sophisticated theory that says that the one piece is the very manga itself. I believe it personally and it would be kinda bait as you said, which seems funny

i was gonna write an entire CER paragraph on the lavos rant to prove a point but then i realized that is an overdone joke and would be a waste of time on everyone's part, so i'm just gonna say that Cancel cult would have had his GPA irreperably damaged by my 8th grade lit teacher
no, do it. that amount of dedication to prove your point is something I cant help but respect, and I desperately want to see that.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I've made something of a rule for myself when it comes to non-videogame media: Never get into ongoing series. While I've never experienced such a thing personally, reading horror stories like Game of Thrones S8 and Usagi Drop has made me determined that I will not get punked by the next disaster at that scale. The only exception is Dragon Ball because 1) I've been reading/watching the series since childhood and 2) By its nature it has like 5 different alternate endpoints in case of catastrophe

I've made something of a rule for myself when it comes to non-videogame media: Never get into ongoing series. While I've never experienced such a thing personally, reading horror stories like Game of Thrones S8 and Usagi Drop has made me determined that I will not get punked by the next disaster at that scale. The only exception is Dragon Ball because 1) I've been reading/watching the series since childhood and 2) By its nature it has like 5 different alternate endpoints in case of catastrophe
I followed Steven Universe from 2015 onwards and I adored it sooo much. Like I did fanart, was in all the communities, was super excited for every episode release, made fan theories (bunch of em were actually proven right, which made me quite proud) and I even loved the in-universe websites and tumblr pages that the creators of the show made

I was sooo dissapointed by the ending. It made me reflect on the rest of the show and realized how much of it had the message of "everyone is redeemable and nobody is evil", which is... really dumb. I hated how there were these stupid plotlines from season 4 that detracted from the entire course of the show, fr there was a whole season where nothing of value happened. And I just don't understand why the started to have the city the show plays in be a dynamic and changing setpiece IN SEASON 5, not in the 4 seasons before. And I always disliked how everytime two people of the same gender spent together, they were gay. Like I get it, the show was made for the rights of LGBT people, but they basically had no straight friendships in the show

That said however, I have zero regrets about following the show. Even if I was dissapointed by the end, it won't take away from the years of fun and wonder I had with this show and with the community. I guess the journey is what matters to me, you know? The summer of 2016 was a pretty magical time for me, and a large reason for it was the release of SU's third season, which, even in retrospect, was really damn good. And so varied, you had one episode that was basically Inital D, and the next episode was about pizza, and the episode after that was about letting go of your anger towards someone you were projecting on. Every day I came back from work or school, I ate my dinner and watched a new episode, it was... really nice. Kinda magical in a way, no joke

And I honestly really liked the sequel show, despite it being received rather negatively, because I was able to related very deeply with the development that Steven took throughout. He was 16 in this sequel series, and he was fr just like me at that age. The credits song of that show, Being Human, is one of the very, very few pieces of art that can make me genuinenly cry

So I can't really fully agree there with you. I think following something whilst it's being released has a certain magic to it, that I can appreciate even if the final result is dissapointing

time to watch Steven universe then.
Mind you that there are a lot of cartoon and sci-fi tropes that are old by now and the show honestly didn't do them too well. There is honestly quite a lot of wisdom in it though. Lots of dumb stuff too though. Don't look up too much about it, it's the kinda show that only works if you're unspoiled

I don't know a lot about one piece, but I think there is no one piece, and the pirate king just said there was to sow chaos as revenge after he was captured. this might be a theory someone else has. but I came up with it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)