CAP 10 CAP 10 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sorry but with your concept you're laying out an ability for us to have to use. This is generally not allowed during the submission process. A submission which would be allowed is "Gravity abuser" however I am fairly positive that concept has already been posted

Name: Item Decentralizer

Description:
A Pokemon that takes advantage of unusual items.

Justification: Currently, the overwhelming majority of items used consist of Leftovers, Life Orb, or a Choice item. A few other items, such as Damp Rock, Light Clay, and the resistance berries see play on a few niche sets, but the rest of the long list of items remains largely forgotten.

Questions to be Answered:

-Are there any potentially powerful items which are currently ignored?
-Could less predictable item use cause new strategies to manifest?
-How will the metagame adapt to the presence of newly emergent moves or Pokemon related to new items?

Explanation: This could go in several directions. One would be for the Pokemon to have abilities, typing, and moves geared toward abuse of one or two specific, currently unused items. For example, it might have Arena Trap and Destiny Bond in order to abuse Custap Berry. Another way would be to give it a one-time Recycle ability and the characteristics to abuse it. This could create both unpredictability and power. For example, it might be Rock/Normal with high attack and defense. Is it holding a Chople Berry for two chances to avoid its 4x Fighting weakness? A Power Herb to boost its defense even higher while firing off a couple of charge-free STAB Skull Bashes? Or maybe just a Choice Band to psych you out? There are many ways to go with this concept, allowing a lot of flexibility for the community as the CAP process moves along.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, after giving it a little bit of time, I've decided that the quality of the concepts is probably not going to be improving if I keep this open. There are a lot of submissions this time around, but there have been a few of them in particular that have caught my eye. Momentarily, I will be creating my slate.

Thank you for contributing to the discussion and for submitting concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)