CAP 11 CAP 11 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voodeth

voodoo + death

Voodoom looks good for me but the last part of the name shouldn't be such a long sound. Voodome wouldn't make sense at so I wanted to choose another related word.
Death seemed the best word to me, but I just didn't wanted to put it after the 'vood', so I left out the 'a'.
Another option I might consider is Voodette, but I'm not quit shure it's better. (but I like it because I make it close to the word 'pupette')

Masofist

(Masochist + Fist)

It's a voodoo doll looking Pokemon with needles impaling its body. Along with its abilities Volt Absorb and Lightningrod, I'd say this guy is somewhat of a masochist because he likes to absorb pain. (I'd say masochist is pretty Dark, which is one of this Pokemon's types.) Now, replace "chist" with "fist" since this Pokemon is part Fighting, and you get Masofist!

Final Submission

Staboo

Origin: A portmanteau of Stab, which is the form of pain linked towards voodoo magicks as well as the whole theme with needles, and Taboo, which relates to something evil and against sanity, both in terms of the CAP's Dark typing and the whole evil magicks revolving around Voodoo.

Yes, this was bullshitted up in about 5 seconds.

Chucky is my final submission.

Because it is a doll, I feel that it should have a name, and who is he most faous abused doll? Chucky of course.

Final Submission: Rinbomutt (pronounced RIN-boh-mutt) – Sounds tough and intimidating, like a Fighter-type should, without sounding so vicious as to not befit a doll. Sounds like a name a voodoo doll might have; I can totally picture a bunch of warlock shamans gathering around it, chanting its name.

But, mostly, I like it because it's an anagram of Tim Burton's name, and the design really designs me of the puppets from his movie 9.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hey guys, I'm very new to CAP, so I'm not sure if this is a proper submission, but how about Bushidoll? A play on the words "bushido" meaning "way of the warrior," and doll. Since the CAP is Dark/Fighting, "bushido" plays on its Fighting-typre, while "doll" sort of plays on it's Dark-type. Let me know what you guys think.

Hey guys, I'm very new to CAP, so I'm not sure if this is a proper submission, but how about Bushidoll? A play on the words "bushido" meaning "way of the warrior," and doll. Since the CAP is Dark/Fighting, "bushido" plays on its Fighting-typre, while "doll" sort of plays on it's Dark-type. Let me know what you guys think.
I really like this, actually. :) I have just one small suggestion, and that is to drop the second "l" and make it "Bushidol", like "Claydol". Even otherwise, the name sounds very pleasant and fitting.

I think this one is pretty simple and clever too. Most importantly, it also sounds and looks nice.

I'm really liking this one two--it looks nice, and flows well, while being very fitting. Though I also think that it would look better with just one "l."

Beyond that, another name I saw in this thread that I liked was Puppetear, for much the same reasons.

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It does look better with one "l" as opposed to two, so Bushidol it is. I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to re-post or just edit my first post to update it though.

Sorry if I broke any rules by posting again so soon. If so, would a mod please delete or edit this post?

Final Submission

Pintrick -
A mixture of the words "Pinprick" and "Trick". Obviously he's a tricky little rascal seeing as he's dark type and pinprick because, well, he's a voodoo doll. Duh.

Also, when I think of tricks I think of magic tricks. And what are voodoo dolls used for? Black magic! I just image him pulling the pin out of his chest and twirling it before casting a spell.

Final Submission
Killow.

Simple enough - from "kill" and "pillow". Wasn't sure about it, but it has definitely grown on me.

EDIT - I agree with the Krilowatt comparison. However, I believe that this is slightly irrelevant. I for one would only consider names needing to be completely different if CAP 11 was similar to Krilowatt and could be percieved as an evolution, which I see as impossible. Thus, I shall keep my original submission.

Without actually voting, I'm just gonna name my favorites so far, from best to worst:

Voojitsu
Puppetear
Voodoom
Pinanimus

And as much as I like the idea of Darknit, everyone will end up calling it (Dark - nit) if it were in a real Pokemon game. Or if CAP battlers don't follow the construction of the Pokemon.

The rest of them didn't catch my eye too well because...they were either stupid or didn't click with me. :P

And as much as I like the idea of Darknit, everyone will end up calling it (Dark - nit) if it were in a real Pokemon game. Or if CAP battlers don't follow the construction of the Pokemon.
I thought that may happen. Although it's supposed to be Darn-it, Dark-knit sounds decent too, and encapsulates both the words 'dark' and 'knit' when said out loud.

Punchzada

Punzada - Spanish for stitch (its a doll, has stitches, yeah)
Punch is pretty self explanatory.

This is my Final Submission.

I thought 'killow' was very similar to krillowatt just sayin.

If you haven't already made a final submission, please do so today. I will select my slate of names and open the Name poll tomorrow morning.

kokoloko

Final Submission: Bushidol

A play on the words "bushido," meaning 'way of the warrior,' and 'doll,' since this CAP is a doll. The word 'bushido' plays on the CAP's fighting-type while the word 'doll' plays on the fact the CAP is a voodoo doll, which by extension, plays on its dark-typing.

How about the name "Pursueture"?

Pursue+Suture(A stitch)
Also, Torture.

Edit: I should just make this my Final Submission as well as my first submission.

Edit again: It hits the ten letter limit.... "Pursuetur" or "Pursuture" would work better. I'll go with Pursuetur.

How bout Voodojo. It's a combination of voodoo as the obv. and dojo for the fighting type.

EDIT: Final Submission dis shiz.

Final Submission

Phuckstick

Because if he's using that needle very often...in a manner of speaking...it's a phuckstick. For his heart. Phuckstick.

Final Submission:
Toshentein

(short O, "tein" is pronounced like Frankenstein.)

Name references Doug's way of making Voodoll evolve into CAP11 (Frankenstein-style lightning,) and a reference to a certain fictional voodoo practitioner from a recently released videogame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)