CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grass/Ghost

For the exact same reasons I posted in Poll 1.
1) Ghost allows for Shadow Strike, spinblocking and immunity to fighting, yet weak to Pursuit-revenging.
2) Grass because it's a cool type. It gives a waterresistance which is always good in this Rain-infested metagame. I don't agree there's none out there yet(seriously look them up) but it's cool nonetheless.
3)The artwork, oh god, the artwork!

Poison/Dragon

Has resists that actually matter for a weather based metagame and a legit offensive backing with dragon stab.

Grass/Ghost

I honestly think Psychic was more fitting than the other two.. Oh, well. This community is creative enough to bring out the best in any of the three options, so I guess I'm more than happy with these choices.

EDIT: Haha, I just wanted to say more. When I said 'more than happy with these choices', that didn't include Poison/Dragon. I seriously cannot understand the hype. Dragon alone MAY have been a much superior choice. Poison doesn't really complement Dragon, especially with our concept being Bulky Offense. But that's just me, though. :>

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Grass/Ghost

Cannot understand for the life of me why anyone would pick Poison/Dragon. Unless they really, really only want it to use one or two sets.

I wouldn't be happy with Electric/Poison, but at least it gives us something to work with. There are a number of different options available.

Grass/Ghost is easily the best remaining type. More or less a blank slate as far as weakness/resistance goes, a good few STAB options available to Sketch, multiple boosting moves are feasible, etc. I do wonder whether some people are simply looking at the typings and deciding which would be best on any random Pokemon, in terms of metagame effectiveness, rather than which will enable us to learn about the concept.

The concept won't fail if our CAPmon is too strong or too weak in the metagame. It will, however, fail if we don't learn anything from it, or create something that teaches us nothing we don't know already. See Cyclohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)