CAP 22 CAP 22 - Part 2 - Typing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent a good amount of time going over this thread, and after some thought, I'm mostly satisfied with this slate. Out of the six typings listed, I feel like a few were much more well-argued (and more extensively discussed) than others, but not so much that I'd be dissatisfied with any of them being selected in the end. Steel/Fairy, for example, I felt was very under-discussed for the most part, but Deck Knight posted some solid reasoning in favor of it and related it back to the concept in a way I was pleased with. Elite Lord Sigma felt comfortable enough to slate it, and I'm going trust his judgment here.

The only change I'd like to make to the slate is an addition of Electric/Fairy. From my point of view, this typing received comparable intelligent support to several of the other slated typings in this thread to be worthy of consideration for the final typing. Though Electric/Fairy admittedly shares many traits with several of the other slated typings (Pursuit/Dark resist, SR neutrality, super effective STAB against the likes of Tomohawk and Colossoil, etc), it carves itself a niche as a Fairy typing that is not only resistant to Flying, but isn't weak to Flare Blitz from the likes of Talonflame. This combined with the Pursuit resistance (distinguishing from Fire/Steel in this regard) gives it a unique set of traits in comparison to any of the other slated type combinations, and the polls will decide if this particular combination is something that the community values with regards to our concept.

TL;DR +1 to Electric/Fairy. Good discussion, onto the poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)