CAP 32 - Part 10 - Secondary Ability Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP 32 So Far

----

Here is what CAP 32's Ability Leader has to say about the slated options:

Chlorophyll on a Fire type is fairly unique (Scovillain is meh at best), helps CAP32 by mitigating our low speed stat somewhat, and lets CAP32 find a niche on more dedicated Sun teams. Notably, this does not come at the cost of Pixilate, because on every other team you would probably want to run Pixilate over Chlorophyll. A lot of people in the thread seem to like this ability, for good reason.

Intimidate boosts our already above-average bulk, letting CAP32 switch into many resisted and neutral hits, as well as upping its survivability in the face of super-effective attacks. This ability comes at the cost of raw power, but I could definitely see more defensive sets being succesful into this meta.

No Competitive Ability would always be slated regardless, but this is also something a lot of people agreed with earlier on in the thread. Pixilate by itself is quite a strong ability, and spreading our focus on multiple abilities might not always be the play here.
In addition, check out the discussion thread here to make an informed decision before submitting your ballot!

----

This is a ranked pairs poll. The order of your preferences DOES matter. You may rank as many or as few options as you like, but we encourage you to rank as many options as possible. A typical ballot might look like the following:
Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Third Most Preferred

Any comments would go below the votes in non-bold text.
All ballots will be revealed at the end of the poll and votes will be counted via automated scripts. If you do not compose a legal ballot, your post will be subject to moderation.
  • Do NOT bold anything other than the options you are voting for.
  • Do NOT put any formatting other than bold in your post.
  • Only one option per line.
  • Spellings must match EXACTLY the options listed below.
  • Capitalization and spaces are ignored by the counting scripts, but you probably should not depend on it.
Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed. Anyone found to have done so risks punishment at the moderation team's discretion. If you find that someone has broken this rule, please contact the CAP moderation team with your evidence and no one else. Mini-moderation of this rule is also considered a serious offense and can be punished.

The voting options are:

Chlorophyll
Intimidate
No Competitive Ability

This poll will be open for 24 hours.

Intimidate
Chlorophyll

While I love both of these ideas, I gotta consider Intimidate as the more sensical of the 2. The sight of a giant freaking HEART would probably scare people. Chlorophyll would be extremely good, especially with the incredible synergy it offers the type, but I can't see it happening from a flavour standpoint. That being said, with all the Tunicate references I've been making, it works better than most other situations since they're the only animals to produce cellulose. And who knows? Maybe some sponge focused handwaving could make it the kind that's symbiotic with algae. Either option would be great, but I especially like Intimidate to maximize on compensating defenses. Put that with the attack drop from burn and you really got something!

Akeras

We've got to get in to get out
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Chlorophyll
Intimidate
No Competitive Ability

Modedit: Fixing ballot format.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
No Competitive Ability
Intimidate
Chlorophyll

I don’t think any of the slated abilities would be strong enough for CAP 32 to run over Pixilate 99% of the time. Our stat spread is just too mid (rightfully so) to not abuse the power boost that Pixilate gives us. While I disagree with viewpoints saying this should influence other CAPs by not allowing more than one comp ability (that’s just not fun and doesn’t make sense considering there are so many different ideas for CAPs and some concepts could want more than one good ability) but for this CAP, it really does seem like Pixilate is the only real choice. Sorry for the rant just wanted to get my thoughts out (Sticky Hold would’ve been better…)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)