CAP 32 - Part 14 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
NOTE: Given our current schedule for CAP 32 implementation, you have 72 hours to make shiny palette final submissions!

----

CAP 32 So Far

----

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark red
        • Light blue -> white AND dark blue -> gray
        • Light blue -> gray AND dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green AND dark blue -> light green
        • Light blue -> light red AND dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

Last edited:

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

An inversion of the red/blue colour scheme of the original, referencing diagrams of circulatory systems in grade school science - where oxygenated blood is represented with red and deoxygenated blood is represented with blue. The blue flesh also references cyanosis and organ death while the red for the fire looks like actual fire or blood. He looks like he's about to keel over. That's all I got.

Final Submission

First thing that came to mind was a blue heart for obv reason. I also just think its neat
I literally finished most of mine that had the same general color plate :eeveehide:. At least had the idea for another little change so it won't be the exact same, great color choice by the way, I like the orange you used.

Last edited:
WIP
hemogoblinshinysubmtion.littleguy.png

Behold, my grand difference from pipotchi's submission, pink. My final sprite will probably be about the same but I'm still unsure on if I want to tweak the colors a bit like making the orange a bit brighter or toning down the pink a little. The main idea was for the orange to be like a traditional flame while the pink is like a more cartoony heart, the blue came naturally after to complement the orange. Criticism to improve is appreciated.

Final Submission
hemogoblinshinysubmtion.littleguy.pinker-2.png

Tweaked the colors a bit, this looks a bit better to me. I mentioned the color reasoning before but for a brief refresh pink is to make it more of a cartoony heart, orange is to be more like a traditional flame and the blue works well with the orange.

Last edited:
Final Submission
1685161165500.png

Very similar to the original, but with redder reds and bluer blues.
Also, it took way too long to debug my palette swap program in order to make this. The original image seems to be locked to prevent adding any color outside the original palette; I'm not sure how that's possible or how to unlock it, but I eventually got around it by creating a new image and copying the pixels over.

WIP (1/3)
EQ_lnmGXkAE8p8o1.png

The concept behind this shiny is that instead of being a heart made of hemoglobin, it's a heart made of hemocyanin, which is a protein with a function similar to that of hemoglobin, but which gives the blood a bluish color. An example of this is the horseshoe crab (Limulus polyphemus).

WIP (2/3)
EQ_lnmGXkAE8p8o.png

The same concept but with silver fire.

WIP (3/3)

EQ_lnmGXkAE8p8o2.png

The same concept but with fuchsia fire.

Last edited:

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Final Submission
heartyaztec.png

I'm so nervous hehe, this is my first time participating. Here is my proposal, it is based on the colors of a painting depicting an aztec heart sacrifice.
corazon.jpg
--->On the top left corner, yeah, that's a heartyollotl.png
Added a little gray to match the color tones of the painting ;)

Last edited:
Final Submission
EQ_lnmGXkAE8p8o6.png

The concept behind this shiny is that instead of being a heart made of hemoglobin, it's a heart made of hemocyanin, which is a protein with a function similar to that of hemoglobin, but which gives the blood a bluish color. An example of this is the horseshoe crab (Limulus polyphemus).

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disqualifications:
  • Samirsin: Red highlight color is darker than surrounding colors. Questionable recoloring from white + blue -> yellow + blue.
Everyone else advances to poll 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)