CAP 32 - Part 17 - Flavor Ability Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
While I think Flame Body is fitting, it also does have some competitive implications. SS proved how strong an ability Flame Body is, and I don't think SV is much different. To be safe, I'd prefer Flame Body stay out of the poll.

While Flame Body's 30% chance of a burn can potentially be an issue, I think that compared to the loss in Fairy-type STAB and the uselessness on Intimidate, it's a worthwhile trade-off. Granted, no Ability is going to be "useless", but I feel like these fears to be on the safe side are blown out of proportion.

Also officially endorsing Healer for the medical flavour.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
IMO Flame Body is not just competitive, but genuinely better than Intimidate. -1 Attack is nice but very easy to remedy, while a burn is way more severe and requires specific methods to remove. If I ran a defensive Hemogoblin set without Pixilate, I'd probably go Flame Body over Intimidate most of the time. Yes, it's only 30%, but remains fantastic at punishing contact moves from any of physical attackers to the assortment of Knock Off, U-Turn, Body Press, and Rapid Spin you will encounter, while masking the fact that you aren't running Pixilate. This legit is a full-on upgrade to Intimidate and belongs far away from Flavor discussion, even if it does suit our design otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)