CAP 4 CAP 4 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the overall concept would be:

Wish/Hazer
This Pokemon would be able to use both Wish and Haze to support its team members. It would likely have defenses capable of surviving attacks to use Haze and/or Wish.

I've always sort of thought this would be cool

Concept: Serene Grace Abuse (AKA Dunsparce Evolution)
Basically, Serene Grace is a really, really awesome ability, but most of the pokemon that utilize it (pretty much just Togekiss, Jirachi, and sometimes Blissey) have only a few moves that benefit from it. This pokemon would be completely focused around utilizing the ability, able to pull almost every kind of Serene Grace trick, like flinch haxing, boosting Satk with Charge Beam, trying to get an Ancient Power boost - basically Dunsparce with usuable stats. Obviously, with such a powerful ability and good movepool, it would still require somewhat limited stats, but I still think it would be cool to have a pokemon that's premier focus is utilizing Serene Grace.

Not to mention it would fit nicely as a Dunsparce evolution if that's what people decided, (and he could be something cool like Normal / Dragon :])

Agility+Stall is dumb in and of itself. Baton Pass has i think +4 or +5 priority, so stall wouldn't matter. We don't need a Baton Passer right now.
Agility would only be to BP to someone else, not to use for your own gain. Baton Pass has normal priority, I just checked in the DP Move Priority article.

So the overall concept would be:

Wish/Hazer
This Pokemon would be able to use both Wish and Haze to support its team members. It would likely have defenses capable of surviving attacks to use Haze and/or Wish.
Sounds great to me. It will help out A LOT since we lack in decent Hazers/Wishers capable of playing with OU friends.

Concept: Living Bomb
Description: A pokemon who explodes when hit by either
-a specific type of attack (fire, for examples sake)
-a 1hko attack
-or an attack that takes off over x% of hp (the x would usually be over 100% to prevent him exploding on anything that hits him).
His purpose is to capitalize on the over-predictability of super powerful, super boosted, or weather boosted pokemon by making them think twice about blindly attacking. The explosion would be strong enough to either faint or damage a pokemon to the point of fainting to a single weak priority move. The explosion would probably be ability triggered so he could be flexible and reactive.
He throws a wrench into the plans of any enemy who scoffs at his below-average stat total.

I'll just post the Wish/Hazer idea again, but a bit more detailed.
Concept: Wish/Hazer
Description: There's not many pokemon that learn Wish and Haze that are usable. So it would be great to have a pokemon based around the moves Wish and Haze. We lack in those moves and it's incredibley useful to teams. Vaporeon, Blissey (which is now banned iirc), Altaria and Weezing are the only ones that seem to pass Wish a couple of times and able to Haze successfully. But if it was a pokemon based around Wish, Haze and other support moves, it would be a great addition and would work great in the OU metagame.

Wish + Haze sounds cool. When I read your original idea I thought of Jirachi, but it can't learn Haze. But a low Speed or bad typing could make up for it or it'll scream broken all over the campus.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Concept: Shrapnel Pokemon
Description: A Pokemon with an ability that, when hit with a physical attack, has a chance of knocking Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Rocks (only one variety) off of the Pokemon, like Rough Skin or Static. Or, the Pokemon shatters when OHKOed and leaves said layer.

Concept: Mutiny Pokemon
Description: Pokemon has a (low accuracy attack? ability?) like Worry Seed that instead induces Truant. Would have a serious effect on sweepers in the game, increase switching that took place, put the hurt on some Baton Pass teams. Or, to a lesser degree, a Truant Pokemon with Skill Swap.

EDIT: Drat. I missed that last line in the main post. ._.

concept: drizzler
Description: a pokemon suitable for OU. It should have decent defenses and some good resistances. It should also have the ability drizzle (I believe that is the one where rain starts when it comes into play)
This is meant to be a wall that can start rain easily.

concept: droughter
Description:a pokemon suitable for OU. It should have decent defenses and some good resistances. It should also have the ability drought (I believe that is the one where sun starts when it comes into play)
This is meant to be a wall that can start sun easily.

edit: Dang, I also did not see the last edit in the first post.
Basically, these are meant to be walls that can easily set up rain or sun and survive.

Sticky Body Pokemon
Pretty much an auto rapid spin, but as it comes in, it takes the damage from all entry hazards, then picks them up. But after it picks them up, it gets a defence boost, and a speed drop, as the rocks/spikes form a heavy shell.

Edit: silly edits, I should read the op more then once

Sticky Body Pokemon
Pretty much an auto rapid spin, but as it comes in, it takes the damage from all entry hazards, then picks them up. But after it picks them up, it gets a defence boost, and a speed drop, as the rocks/spikes form a heavy shell.

Edit: silly edits, I should read the op more then once
I'm pretty sure we don't need an Auto-Rapid Spinner. We have enough Rapid Spinners and they do just fine.

concept: drizzler
Description: a pokemon suitable for OU. It should have decent defenses and some good resistances. It should also have the ability drizzle (I believe that is the one where rain starts when it comes into play)
This is meant to be a wall that can start rain easily.

concept: droughter
Description:a pokemon suitable for OU. It should have decent defenses and some good resistances. It should also have the ability drought (I believe that is the one where sun starts when it comes into play)
This is meant to be a wall that can start sun easily.

edit: Dang, I also did not see the last edit in the first post.
Basically, these are meant to be walls that can easily set up rain or sun and survive.
We already did Weather Tests and guess what? It's not gonna happen, it'll be too broken with never ending Rain or Sun.

Concept: A Random and Fixed damage move user that isn't a joke

Description: A pokemon that has a trait to ensure a move like Magitude and Psywave do a certain amount off damage that isn't too much but isn't so low that your better off using something like Tackle i want to see a pokemon like that

Problem: uhh how to make it not broken? since alot of the random moves highest damage points are really high like magitude for example has 2 chances to be be stronger than EQ (mag 9 is 110 BP and 10 is 150 BP)
Remaking this into:

Concept: The rambling gambling Russian Roulette pokemon the ultimate high risk and high reward pokemon.

Description: A Random damage move user that isn't (too much of) a joke some of the random damage moves can be stronger than most of the standard moves used for instance Magitude has 2 chances of being stronger than earthquake and a chance to be only 10 BP less i wish for its main form of offense to be the "allin bets" random damage moves magitude present psywave with fixed damage moves for back up "safe bets" this pokemon can fuck you over just as much has it can fuck over the foe.

Problem: Uhh how to make it not broken?
Since alot of the random damage moves highest damage points are really high as mentioned.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Concept: Playing with Spikes
Decription: A Pokemon with a decently strong two-turn attack that clears Spikes and the like. It could either require a charge up, like Skull Bash, or require a recovery period, like Hyper Beam. The attack could do more damage based on the amount of Spikes, and could induce Poison if hurling them back at the opponent. Or, it could swap the Spikes on each side, like Heart Swap.

It could fulfill the position of Rapid Spinners on some teams, and allow for somewhat easy switch-ins for opponents. However, another variation or variations of this Pokemon that does not use this move could have a decent enough movepool to make opponents wonder which set this Pokemon is using.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Concept: The "Perfect" Spinner
Description: I'd like to see a pokemon that not only can spin, but is almost completely, if not completely, invulnerable to all three types. I want Ghosts to fear it as well. This may seem to be a bit much, but I'm really tired of Stealth Rock ruining entire matches because a wall wasn't able to take a hit it normally could take. And let's face it, the current pick of spinners we have is really pathetic.

Edit: Bah I just saw Deck Knight's post. Nevermind this.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've always sort of thought this would be cool
Serene Grace Abuse

...trying to get an Ancient Power boost...
Haha, I tried this with Togekiss once. Ancient Power as much as I could until I got the boost. Hopefully inflict a random status with Tri Attack, Roost off the damage and Batton Pass to a Bulky version of DDTar, with Crunch / Earthquake / Ice Beam / Taunt. Some peoples reactions on the rare times I managed to pull off a sweep with this were priceless. Really great fun.

I think the Wish/Hazer seems pretty good and I can see it fitting well. What do you guys think? Scroll up to see if it if you havn't already.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well there have already been suggestions of "High Risk, High Reward" and the likes. It's not the first time the topic of a "hax" Pokemon has come up so there's obviously a certain amount of support for the general idea. People shouldn't be so closed minded as to immedietaly write off an idea due to it being "Cheap" and "Hax", and should instead look at things such as "How easy is it to counter" and "Is this fun to use?" Nobody ever complained while I was using AP Togekiss (on a team that had some extremely strange Pokemon choices), as they all recognised it was a risk that I was willing to take, and that they could adjust their stratergy as needed in an attempt to counter that.

Sorry, I read through the thread a while ago, and I haven't actually read everything I missed in the time between then and now.

What won't be happening as far as concepts go:
- Sun/Rain inducing pokemon
It' been decided these are very broken. I do not want these, and neither do most people who actually tested this.
Ideas I do not agree with (and why):
- Auto Rapid Spin of any sort
There is no plausible reason to do this other than because we can. It will not help the metagame in any efficient way (if you think Spikes are too hard to remove because of Revvy, maybe that's because of him, not because of crappy spinners, or maybe both). It defeats the point of using anti-spin at all which is a complete. It also puts a huge damper on stall and promotes set up pokemon even more than they already need to. Do we really need Wobba+[poke]+Ant/Chomp/any good stat-upper?
- Any pokemon that will help "fix" previous CAP pokemon by making them less/more usable
We should not be doing this. If there is a problem with any particular [CAP] pokemon, we should fix that pokemon in question and not attempt to rectify our mistakes by making other pokemon with a main purpose in mind of changing that pokemon's impact.
I am liking a Wish/Haze support pokemon. Though, support pokemon are easier to break and go unnoticed, so I think we need to be extra careful should we go down this path.

Any opinions on my ideas? Even something that keeps a Slow Start ability, but actually can stall through it would be nice. As well, the trap moves are really overlooked as well.

That said, I really like the Haze/Wish idea. Anything to throw the metagame!

Concept: Special Attacking Ice-Resisting Dragon!
More Information: We can craft this idea into many things, and I for one think it can be a Dragon counter, while taking little (or a lot) from it. It can be bulky or sweeping, and I let that sole option be in the community's hands. The possible types I have in mind though (only my opinion):

Ice/Dragon
Fire/Dragon
Steel or Water/Dragon (Without being Uber)

Concept: Soul Linker

The current metagame leaves very little room for pokemon and strategies that are not very plain and straightforward. The more interesting strategies get relegated to a lower level of play and get slapped with the rather degrading title of "gimmicks." They are rarely effective either due to the poor stats of pokemon who can use them, the slowness of setup, etc. This pokemon will help to counter that trend to a small extent and introduce some refreshing new strategies.

The basic idea is to synchronize with your opponent in a lot more ways than with the current Synchronize ability--including status changes, stat boosts, and/or damage. This would give a nice twist to things and introduce new strategies, e.g.:

• Mirror the stat boosts of opponents, or cause a negative boost to yourself and mirror that onto the opponent.
  • Absorb and bounce back status
  • Or even switch into stealth rock and make the opponent take that same damage that you just took. In fact, this would be a way to cut down a little on entry hazards' domination of the current metagame.
Note that I am not suggesting any particular abilities or moves for this pokemon. How this "soul linking" is achieved is up to discussion. And of course, things will have to be tweaked and balanced out properly, but I feel that the concept of a "soul link" with the opponent will add a nice twist to the game.

CONCEPT: A pure flying pokemon that sort of looks like a cool hurricane or something.

DESCRIPTION: I've wanted a hurricane pokemon since RBY, and a nice defensive flying type would be cool. All the other ones seem to have a crippling weakness except Zapdos, and I'm tired of him. Since weather seems to be a popular theme in the CaP projects, he'd need an ability to reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)