CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 4 (Style Bias Poll 2)

Style Bias

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between -10 and -5 -- Slightly towards defense (Abomasnow, Ludicolo, Nidoqueen)
cuz I think though it is mostly for Utility.. it could/should be a bit offensive like Ludicolo too =C

I think it's easy to make a Pokemon be Moderately Towards Defense and make it also fast. You just need to lower its Atk and SpA. :)
I know. I just really want its attacking stat to be no lower than 85. :(
And it's starting to seem like that alternative is a must.
But I'm probably going to be complaining through the entire process if this Pokemon doesn't go my way.
At least I have a point to my complaint.
So I'm still vying for the two options earlier.
I want Equal to win, but now that seems a bit farfetch'd.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Was the pun really necessary? Anyways my spread came out to 3.something so i went for extreme middle.

Slightly Towards Defense

because Abomasnow and Ludicolo have good defenses and stiil hit hard.

moderately defensive. this isn't supposed to be a good attacker. last i checked, all three of those in that category weren't stellar attachers, but could still do it if necessary, whereas going up from that, everything has a quite common offensive use.

This thing is meant to be doing damage offensively rarely, if ever (barring getting rid of ghosts for spinning). I really thing giving it the defenses to take hits well is better than beefing up its attack (I'm assuming a high speed is a given).

I want something that's fast and can take a hit, but at the same time, this is going to be a utility Pokemon, not an attacker. So I feel that Slightly Defensive is a good way to force the attacking stats to be low enough to not be a serious threat outside of a gimmick Choice set.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Moderately towards defense

I predict this pokemon will have about 105+ speed, so why should this thing be an attacker? If we want this thing to hit quite hard, are you saying that this thing should also have above average defense and speed? That means that all defensive stats should be above average defenses(or at least covering one another), along with good speed and decent attack? Sorry, that seems like a bit too much that we can give to a pokemon. Moderately defensive please, I would be pleased if this thing had under 70 Atk/Sp.Atk.

I'd advise anyone to experiment with some spreads to see exactly how the Offensive/Defensive Balance will affect this Pokemon's ability to do its job before voting. It gives you a much better perception than looking at the listed Pokemon's stats. We don't want this to have "invincible" defenses, or too defense biased. But we also don't want to let a high speed stat allow this thing to sweep and take away from its original purpose.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Big (and recently infracted!) Aldaron says between -5 and 5!

Since I'm pushing for very very high Speed and I will be pushing for a 50% recovery move, I'd rather we didn't make this too defensive. Something like Kingdra's defenses is around the upper limit I'm thinking.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well I voted for between -5 and 5 since that is how my preferred stat spread is biased.

Sunday, I'd be allowed to submit a legal stat spread if I'm nominated even though my current stat spread might not conform to the voted PSB, ODB and/or Rating, right?
I'll be posting a clarification about this in the base stat submission thread (and It's OP) shortly.

Man, after reading some more comments I wish I could go back and change my vote from balanced to moderately defensive. Its looking like at any time a single vote could upset the lead.. say what would happen in the event of a tie? That would be interesting to see. Would it be a compromise? -7 to -15? lol

Man, after reading some more comments I wish I could go back and change my vote from balanced to moderately defensive. Its looking like at any time a single vote could upset the lead.. say what would happen in the event of a tie? That would be interesting to see. Would it be a compromise? -7 to -15? lol
I don't think it will end up like that.
Either another "tie-breaker" poll will pop up,
or we'll just broaden the range to include both.
The former is most likely.
But yes, this is a very tight poll.
I want Slightly Defensive to win.
Try some spreads to see which category they fit in.

I'm willing to bet that should there be a tie poll slightly defensive will win because it's closer to what everyone else wants. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

That being said, if you want a Tenta-like utility poke, go moderate!!

I voted for slightly towards defense, as I believe this pokemon needs to have high speed despite good defenses, making it lean towards offense.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
My reasoning being there are no options closer to "Between -20 and -10 --Moderately towards defense (Tentacruel, Spiritomb, Donphan)" than "Between -10 and -5 -- Slightly towards defense (Abomasnow, Ludicolo, Nidoqueen)". The votes for the first three options are just going to be added to the next closest option that makes it through, aka the one that is already winning.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uh, I highly disagree with this decision. Just because I voted for -5 - 5 does NOT mean I prefer -10 - -5 over -20 - -10.

Please have another poll.

Sunday, are you going to close this?
Especially if you already opened a new voting thread.
And Aldaron, I sort of agree with you.
I voted for Equal too.
I wouldn't mind a poll between all three of the lead options considering the fact that they're leading by such a large amount.
But again, Sunday, are you going to conclude this poll and close this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)