CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 5 (Build Bias Poll 1)

Build Bias Poll 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted physical. My reasoning is that, so far, all CAP projects have had really even defenses, and if choosing Physical can change that, I'll like it. I don't want it to be a waste in the SDef department, but rather having SDef a bit lower than Def, while having a much larger Attack than SAttack.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Updated OP with an announcement. Decided this thread continues on as normal. I'll just be more careful to let polls close before ending threads in future.

I'd like to encourage everyone who hasn't voted yet to read X-Act's post.
We're going to have a very physically oriented Pokemon if we don't vote mixed.
Mixed just means it won't be substancially biased to physical, but that in no way means that we will vote for the attacking stats to be "equal"

Umm, guys, I think this is already too late, but before voting for this, please know exactly what you're voting for.

When we say 'Physical', it means one of the following three things:

1) It has a very large Atk compared to its SpA.
2) It has a very large Def compared to its SpD.
3) It has a moderately large Atk compared to its SpA and a moderately large Def compared to its SpD.

When I say 'very large' in options 1) and 2), I mean it. If you have 120 Atk and 100 SpA (with the same defenses) it WON'T be physical. You'd need 120 Atk and around 85 SpA to be considered physical. Same applies for Def and SpD. However, if you have 120 Atk, 100 SpA, 100 Def and 80 SpD, then it would still be physical.

Hope all this is what you meant by voting physical!

The exact reverse argument holds for whoever votes for special too.
Keep in mind the purpose of this guy!! Go Mixed!

Sunday

The polls are so even it looks like it's going to be going to a 1 on 1 tiebreaker poll anyway.

As i mentioned to Sunday in Pm, I voted for Special before fully understanding the poll, so if possible i'd like my vote to be change to mixed.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just to be fair, 120 Atk and 100 SpA (with the same defenses) would be considered 'Moderately Physical', but since 'Moderately Physical' has been included in the 'Mixed' option, it would be considered mixed.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I voted for mixed. I want something like dusknoir: nice attack and not-so-good special attack coupled with even defenses.

voted physcial because the physcial stabs are better than the special ones but don't really care what happens.

I'll vote for mixed. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that it is POISON/GROUND allows it to naturally survive our main physical moves that everyone knows (Close Combat, Stone Edge, Megahorn etc with the exception of Earthquake). What I'm worried about is if it will be able to take 2 hits of Ice Beam from a Starmie and will still survive without a Light Screen.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The short answer to that: Probably not.

The long answer to that: It really depends on the spread of Starmie and the new pokemon.

I'd say physical, mainly for some STAB'd earthquake action. However, I'd also say I'd want it to be able to shrug off some physical attacks as well, so it will actually last a few turns.

voted physcial because the physcial stabs are better than the special ones but don't really care what happens.
If your basing that only on base power then yes, but if you take secondary effects as well as Accuracy into consideration then Special Stab is actually probaly better.

Voted mixed due to most of the sets I've plaed around with end up there. Physical is still the bias, within the mixed range, that I'd prefer for the STAB's it'd get.

Also, if this is mixed, will it still be able to have U turn?
We have to vote on movepool later on.
This poll has no effect on movepool at all.
It's for how the stat spreads should be focused, whether it be physical or special biased.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think there's a serious lack of interesting special pokemon of this concept. So I'm voting special.

Just as another reminder, voting for physical or special will result in a more exteme bias to one or the other.
Mixed doesn't mean completely balanced, it just means that the Pokemon wont have an "extreme" physical bias (like Donphan) or "extreme" special bias (like Blissey). So voting for mixed may just mean that your Pokemon isn't severely biased to one kind of stat or another, but does have a small bias that makes physical/special more usable than the other.

Sunday

Overnight I thought of a better way to run the next poll.

All the options from 40+ to -20 will be included in the next poll, but it will be a multiple vote poll, so instead of being restricted to the pre-defined ranges of "mixed" and "Physical" people can determine for themselves what range of bias they would be happy with.

I just have to wait for the poll to officially end :P

Overnight I thought of a better way to run the next poll.

All the options from 40+ to -20 will be included in the next poll, but it will be a multiple vote poll, so instead of being restricted to the pre-defined ranges of "mixed" and "Physical" people can determine for themselves what range of bias they would be happy with.

I just have to wait for the poll to officially end :P
Thats great Sunday.
I think that will encourage people to experiment with the calculator
Does that mean this poll doesn't count at all?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You should impose a limit 3 consecutive ranges rule, or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)