CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 7 (Base Stat Spread Poll 2)

Whose Base Stat Spread should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....Based on the poll, Manic's spread is going to win this one. I personally have faith in my spread and is praying to God that sudden increase of vote for it appears, but if that doesn't happen then I probably support Manic. The fact he still came it Special offensive while staying within the guidelines is pretty impressive. Probably do some damage calculations involving it later on.

I do want to point out that my stat spread does have the best defensive prowess among the four options. I've did plenty of damage calculation with varieties of threats and I damn well know it can take hits like a champ, and got enough "oomph" to say "I'm not defenseless."

I do want to point out that it does have the best defensive prowess among the four options. I've did plenty of damage calculation with varieties of threats and I damn well know it can take hits like a champ, and hit back with plenty of force too.
Well for what it's worth, mine probaly takes phyiscal hits the best, but it actually takes special hits the worst. This is pretty much what I wanted as it gives people a lower defensive stat of which they can take advantage.

As for hitting back with force I don't think 90 SpA is that much of a "force" to recon with but I did want this poke to have some kind of attacking potential, the other spreads just didn't support that =/

To be honest, I do actually prefer kingdrom's at this point.

Consider the flavor of the daddy long legs...

It has an interesting and unique spread, that compliments several of the design features we're going for.

Defenses: A daddy long legs, in my eyes, along with all spiders seems to be incredibly hard to kill. Although it can sure take some damage, it seems to have excellent endurance.

Offenses: The idea of a "Pure Utility" pokemon, in my eyes, suggests that the pokemon isn't going to be doing much attacking at all. The notion of this pokemon SWEEPING is incredibly silly to me, because I think it should be almost an afterthought on this pokemon. 75 base attack is usable though, so he won't be defensive only. Much like the daddy long legs, they lack much of a bite.

Speed: A daddy long legs should be reallllly fast. They scurry around at really fast speeds, if you would imagine a daddy long legs the size of your little sister, running around, you would think... damn, that's fast.

So I guess what I'm saying is kingdrom's distribution would be favorable. On top of being a completely unique distribution, not many pokemon are built the same way, and for people who cry about BST (which is a retarded argument) it has 5 less than every other distribution.

EDIT: Though, I've already voted for X-Act's spread, I didn't make this post until after, when I thought about it more.

Well for what it's worth, mine probably takes physical hits the best, but it actually takes special hits the worst. This is pretty much what I wanted as it gives people a lower defensive stat of which they can take advantage.

As for hitting back with force I don't think 90 SpA is that much of a "force" to recon with but I did want this poke to have some kind of attacking potential, the other spreads just didn't support that =/
Second paragraph was more about my spread than yours, but I do have to say 90 special attack is pretty strong when compared with the other spreads. Also, the more I think about it, the more I appreciate your spread.

I personally dislike having this pokemon become a special attacking pokemon. I kind of see this pokemon as a rival to tentacruel, in a way.

Although, that's just me.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In accordance with the rules if GT's can come up within 10% of the leader the final poll will include 3 options.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thats one vote ATM. LETS RALLY PEOPLE! MAKE IT FAIR!

Anyways, I can't say I dislike any of the current spreads, they all are quite reasonable.

In accordance with the rules if GT's can come up within 10% of the leader the final poll will include 3 options.
You heard him, give a brother a hand. I know my spread has the potent to make CAP4 the best Pokemon it could be. Also, you got to admit, 100/100/95 in defense will be pretty handy for battle.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Voting G_T because I earnestly believe it is the best spread for a utility guy.

Comon guys, he has the most bulk and the highest Speed...what are the two things utility guys can take advantage of? Bulk and Speed.

The other spreads are "lesser" spreads, only because they emphasize these factors less.

If you guys want to already start debilitating our CaP (like with what happened with Pyroak), go ahead, but I'd recommend giving this thing everything it can get before you do so.

Again, please vote Gothic_Togekiss.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted for X-Act. Maniacallyracist's spread is just blatantly overpowered, and G_T's was too bland for my liking. Kingrom's spread just seemed a little out of place for a Poison/Ground pokemon.

Voted for X-Act. Maniacallyracist's spread is just blatantly overpowered, and G_T's was too bland for my liking. Kingrom's spread just seemed a little out of place for a Poison/Ground pokemon.
Care to elaborate on why you think my spread is "blatantly overpowered"?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think he's talking about the 90 SpA. That kinda turned me off too, if it was 80 I would have definatly voted for it.

tennisace

But how does having 90 SpA make his entire spread "blatantly overpowered"? Also, WTF is up with this poll, I feel like it's mocking me =/
idk how Deck Knight thinks, I was saying that it was a little too much personally. And you're still within 9% of Maniac.

rolling on Maniaclyrasist.

Most of the other spreads don't even have an attacking stat over base 80, which I believe to be too low. We don't want to make this pokemon terrible at attacking, just because it's aimed primarily at being a utility pokemon. With a base 90 Special Attack it's not going to be sweeping anytime soon, but it won't be simply a pushover in terms of offense.
and
Well for what it's worth, mine probaly takes phyiscal hits the best, but it actually takes special hits the worst. This is pretty much what I wanted as it gives people a lower defensive stat of which they can take advantage.

sum up a lot of my reasoning. In particular, I like the idea of giving it a definite weakness in the form of a significantly lower special defense stat. It's typing is far better at physical walling anyways, so it makes sense to have a higher defense score (which is also one of the things I found really strange with Revenankh's spread, though that could be partially attributed towards making a better Bulk Up set). More important than that, though, is the significantly higher attack stats - I definitely don't want this to become something completely offenseless.

It does have a little less speed than I would've liked, but that required thanks to the fact that the spread was forced into being "slightly defensive", so nothing can be done there without lowering attack stats.

Well, I have problems envisioning a "Pure Utility" pokemon with a strong attacking capability, personally. I know that there have been times where I've been afraid of a tentacruel's STAB surf, which is off a base 80 special attacking stat. Deoxys-S has an attacking stat of 90 as well. This thing, in my eyes, is turning from "Pure Utility" into mixed attacker/defender, like drapion.

In fact, this pokemon will make drapion look like a chump, with significantly higher base stats, more speed, more HP, more special defense, and the same base special attack as drapion's base attack. NOT to say we should compare this to drapion, but I hope this sheds some light on how we see this pokemon. I feel like the flavor of a pure utility is being replaced with another mixed pokemon, with higher stats than other utility pokemon and a more diverse movepool.

Think about it. Umbreon, the defintion of a utility pokemon. It's had jobs from wishpassing to trapping to baton pass chains to toxic stalling... This pokemon will have defensive stats comparitive to umbreon, but much higher speed, and a MUCH better offensive game than umbreon, on top of a huge utility movepool that makes this pokemon seem to me like we're trying to push offense too hard on this pokemon.

My point here is that we shouldn't discredit other sets because we want to "make it offenseless" when it already will have respectable offenses with good ground type STAB and decent resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)