Which art should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well guys, we've made it to the final art poll! There are four great designs left, all of which would work as the final design as this Pokemon. The artists should be very proud to have made it this far against such tough competition. But, to use the cliche, there can only be one winner! Vote for the artwork that you think we should use. The work with the most votes after 24 hours will be declared the winner. Choose carefully, as your vote can not be changed. It's advised to read the plugs in the thread before voting if you're not 100% certain your choice is the right one.

Pure Utility Pokemon
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.
Primary Typing: Poison
Secondary Typing: Ground
Style Bias: Mixed, Between -5 and -10 -- Slightly towards defence
Build Bias: Between 5 and 10 -- Slightly towards physical
Base Stat Rating: 300 to 419 -- Very Good
Base Stat Spread: 95 / 76 / 109 / 90 / 80 / 105 = 555 Speed Last.

Cartoons

Absolution

Zantimonius

DougJustDoug

in before poll!!

I'll definitely be voting for absolution. all the designs are very creative, and all of them are very cool, but for me, the smogimp is total win. not only does it look poison and ground, it looks mysterious enough to use a whole host of the more mystical moves. further, it looks like the only true special attacker out of the lot, and this thing will be sporting 90 base special attack, which will certainly get used.

i have no doubt people will be voting for the others as well, but if you're at all on the fence, please considering voting for the little guy! he'd be awesome!!

i went with DougJustDougs.
looks fucking cool as a serpent/snake/awesome.
thats about as deep as i think when voting on these.
zantimonious was a close second, but i feel that his would be more physical based.
at least thats what it lloks like to me.

Also I would like to say that the word "utility" is referring to a job description and not outwards appearance. It's not a thing in which you can gauge others on, but a role in which this guy is going to preform. Please don't say X looks like a utility Pokemon when you don't even know what a utility Pokemon look like in the first place.

Anyway I voted for Smog Imp and will continue to support it. This guy fits the stat allocation more than the others and has a better movepool option.

Elagune is out, I wonder if the brown would have done better. I voted for cartoons because I like it the best out of what remains (though Zantimonius is a close second).

Voted for Smogimp. This is my ideal choice; cute and totally the most capable of most utility. However, it seems that Cartoons is the favorite, though I think that Smogimp could fit into another project, as well. Maybe we can have both at some point :)

/foolish optimism

The second picture of Cartoon's has had me sold since my favorite Shield Guy was dropped out of the first poll. Great utility looking guy even if it doesn't represent the base Spatk so much.

I voted for Cartoon's submission. While every single piece of artwork was absolutely amazing, I believe that Cartoon's art captured the essense of utility by capitilizing on the body part which most people associate with preforming tasks: the hands. With that being said, Go Cartoons!

I voted for Cartoon's submission. While every single piece of artwork was absolutely amazing, I believe that Cartoon's art captured the essense of utility by capitilizing on the body part which most people associate with preforming tasks: the hands. With that being said, Go Cartoons!
Um, yes.
That's exactly how I feel.
I have great appreciation for every piece of art submitted, but Cartoon's stood out to me in the exact way stated.

Going on the obvious bandwagon and voting for Cartoons.

Doesn't look like a special attacker but the design is just so great.

Zantanimous has my vote, probaly the best design here that corresponds with the BST and typing, although Dougs is a close second for me.

As for Cartoons submission, no doubt it is a great original piece of artwork, but it simply does not comply well with the BST or the typing as well as the other designs.

It's typing looks akin to a Ground / Steel or something similar despite the purple colouring due to its mechanical look. Also, with this pokemon being Special based offensively and Physically defensive I can see Cartoons submission conflicting greatly there as it looks pretty slim and too frail to be a pokemon that can really defend well against physical attacks. (Ask yourself, can you really see this defending well agsint moves like a Lucarios Close Combat or a Tyranitar's Stone Edge with such an appearence?)

Cartoons Pokemon also appeals much more as as a Physical attacker than an actual Utility Pokemon. I can easily imagine this thing using moves like Close Combat/ Cross Chop ...etc, however moves like Wish, Gravity and even Reflect and Light Screen I have a hard time seeing this design using, simply through its appearence and due to the fact that the BST spread is simply not in favour of moves like Cross Chop and Close Combat.

This post is in no way me trying to bring Cartoons artwork down as I actually really like it, but this is a plea to voters to take other things into consideration besides aesthetics.

Cartoons! design is good, but everyone needs to remember something: it's a special attacker! The design is very good, but it DOESN'T FIT with the base stats at all. (Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.)

Jesus...I heard of head starts but this is ridiculous. Chiropilio has a huge almost scary lead against the others. I still have hope for the others but damn :/

Edit: Does anyone know if
Zantanimous made of picture of his creation's top mode? I just remember this guy having one.

Cartoons! design is good, but everyone needs to remember something: it's a special attacker! The design is very good, but it DOESN'T FIT with the base stats at all. (Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.)
Now wait a minute, I think you're exxagerating a tad bit too much. Your post makes it sound like its this straight up special sweeper. This pokemon is not dependant on that stat, it just happens to be the more dominant stat of the two. It's not even that much either (if over 100, yeah maybe.). So I feel you're not giving it enough credit if it's not looking like the stats at all. The second pic shows the defensive stuff, and with that many arm / legs it looks to be fast enough. To say it's nothing like the base stats though, nah, I don't think we should get worked up over that.

Smog Imp.

I know. Big surprise. He's the one that has the biggest access to the attacks we want (which is the entire point), works with the stats easily, and fits the typing. Taking everything into account, I really feel he's the only choice.

Cartoons; A.) Looks Steel/Bug, B.) Doesn't fit the movepool as much as the Imp, C.) Looks like it should be a fast Physical Sweeper, not a bulky Pokemon throwing special attacks. It's super creative, but doesn't fit in the slightest, and I wish people would think about that more.

Zantimonius is easily the coolest picture. I'll give it that. It fits the typing, and I could accept the stats, but doesn't fit the movepool.

Doug's looks Poison/Dragon and relies on the gems to be 'mystical' to support a movepool that traditionally doesn't work like that. I just don't think its a good fit, no matter the quality of the drawing.

i'm so disappointed...

smogimp looks like celebi's punk-ass little brother, and we all know how awesome that dood is at support...i don't understand it...

Jesus...I heard of head starts but this is ridiculous. Chiropilio has a huge almost scary lead against the others. I still have hope for the others but damn :/

Edit: Does anyone know if Zantanimous made of picture of his creation's top mode? I just remember this guy having one.
Holy crap, Zantanimous is making a good comeback now, I'm not sure now on Cartoon's win. Also I just noticed on Zantanimous's guy that fragments of its shell are attatched to its arms and it can tuck in to create a ball or something. That's pretty cool, I don't know now, they all are so cool. AND if this one keeps up its going to be a close call.

Edit: Does anyone know if Zantanimous made of picture of his creation's top mode? I just remember this guy having one.
No, but he made an animation. I believe this is it. Also, out of respect, his username is Zantimonius. (just thought I'd clear that up)

I'm actually still undecided. I really like the looks of zantimonius', and cartoons'. DJD's also looks nice with a mythical backstory backing it up. And the smogimp has a utility look (I guess). I actually voted for the wheel and the oil skater because I thought they looked the best suited to the stats, typing, role, moves, etc. but now it's really tough...

hi guys this is my first post in CAP. I just signed up but i have been looking at this site for a good two years now lol and CAP as well.

I'd vote for DJD or Smog IMP? b/c those are the only ones who arguably have a special attacking side to them. Zantimonious is strictly physical and Cartoons doesn't seem capable of that much of a support movepool and is looking like much more of a physical attacker.

All submissions are amazing though and it looks like Zant and Cartoons are already running away from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)