Alright my last one had no attention so I am making a new spread

Hp 70
Atk 65
Def 60
Spa 105
Spd 90
Spd 125
BST 510
Its a little less bulky and attack oriented then most others but look its still very fast and has some attack. That means that it can use explosion if the situation calls for it. Maybe even focus punch? The special attack means that it can get a 1 hit ko with 4x super effective hits. It can destroy scyclant and depending on what move pool this gets it can take chunks out of revenankhs hp, that is if it gets air slash.

physical sweepiness 104 average
physical tankiness 79 moderatly bad
special sweepiness 169 extremly good
special tankiness 110 above average
offense/defense ballence 23.8 bias to offense
physical special balence -44.6 extrem bias to special
overall rating 287 quite good

Why this is totally the way to go:

First of all, Special Attack vs. Speed. I think it's really important that the Speed be higher than the Special Attack. There are various reasons for this. First off, Speed is on average even lower than Special Attack in Rock types, so to make a Rock special sweeper that is even faster than it is strong would break the mold the most. Originally I had it at 110 / 130 – sort of a "reverse Gengar" – with the same Special Attack as Salamence, definitely able to pump out a powerful Rock version of Draco Meteor (if we so choose to make that move). I pumped the Special Attack up to 120, because 110 seemed just a bit too wimpy. 130 seems a perfect number for Speed; I see no reason to lower it to such weird numbers as 128 or 129 as I've seen a couple people have been doing.

Originally I put the Special Defense at 100, but I really felt that this was too high. 80 Special Defense is, again, the same Special Defense as Salamence. It's still enough to survive an unboosted Aura Sphere from the standard Togekiss, and in Sandstorm, it should be able to take a bit of a beating from more than just that. (Also, in Sandstorm, its Special Defense becomes the same as its Special Attack.)

HP I originally put at 80 – with 100 Special Defense, this would put it at enough to survive a Nasty Plot'd Aura Sphere from the standard Togekiss in Sandstorm – but when I realized that I'd made this thing a bit too bulky, I bumped down its HP a little bit again.

Attack and Defense are largely just Leftovers. I liked them as irregular numbers. Defense I originally put at 83 so that it could survive an unboosted Earthquake from a Jolly Tyranitar, but again, this was too much, and in my edits I bumped it down. 53 and 67 seem like the right numbers, and the cool thing is, it turns out that when you put 'em all together, its Physical Sweepiness and Phsyical Tankiness are exactly the same.

Also, the Base Stat Total is 520, which I think is a great BST for our little guy to have.

You mean the one on Page 1? I didn't noticed your set until I double check a few minutes ago. Personally I would trying not to mimic another person's spread, but since this place already have a shitload of simliar looking spread I could see that originally isn't a big thing. If it's okay with the rules, I'm be willing to team up with you. I just pray the overall rating stay at "Very Good".
Yea I know you wouldn't intentionally copy off me, in fact I'm kinda more embarressed cuz you did a lot of calcs and explanations... I was thinking maybe working from yours drop the defenses by 5 and possibly go for the 130, it'd be nice for it if shaymin was allowed in OU (even though at this point it might not be allowed period ?_?). 130 also outspeeds neutral base 80 scarfers like medicham and togekiss. Will have to do more research :P

Yea I know you wouldn't intentionally copy off me, in fact I'm kinda more embarrassed cuz you did a lot of calcs and explanations.
Well to tell you the truth I always have a diffcult time explaning why I chose certain numbers on my spreads. I always find damage calculations a bit more easier as doing math is always fun to me.

I was thinking maybe working from yours; drop the defenses by 5 and possibly go for the 130, it'd be nice for it if shaymin was allowed in OU (even though at this point it might not be allowed period ?_?). 130 also outspeeds neutral base 80 scarfers like medicham and togekiss. Will have to do more research :P
So you want me to decrease both defenses by 5 and increase speed about 5 points as well? I could do that with it's physical defense, but I like the 70 in speical defense. Speed could be raised up as well, but with the minor tweaks it would look a bit too like the other spreads. Personally it's not intentionally copying/stealing from other, but still...

I guess that's what happens when you choose a theme like breaking the mold with a pure rock type =/. Ok drop def by 5, and speed up by 5, leaving us with 90/60/65/120/70/130?

EDIT: Notable numbers concerning its defenses...
372 is the attack needed for a sure ohko with EQ, no boosting item (the attack reached from adamant +attack base 120s)
312 is attack needed for a sure ohko with seed bomb/waterfall (base 80 move), no boosting item but with stab/cb, 358 no stab with life orb (bulky gyarados can't reach this)

380 is the spatk needed for a sure ohko with grass knot at maximum power, with LO, in sandstream (azelf/infernape can't reach this)
321 is the spatk needed for a sure ohko with surf, with LO and stab, in sandstream (timid max spatk starmie cannot reach this)

I'm really liking many of the spreads posted here. It's going to be pretty hard to choose one, although I have an idea of what I want in this pokémon.

True, and it's unavoidable in a thread like this =/.

Ok drop def by 5, and speed up by 5, leaving us with 90/60/65/120/70/130?
Correct and with that, it's stat rating comes out to:

physical sweepiness: 96 average
physical tankiness: 96 average
special sweepiness: 196 Amazing
special tankiness: 102 Average
offense/defense balance 35.9 Large bias to offense
physical special balance -42.1 extreme bias to special
overall rating 396 Very Good

Notable numbers about it's defense
Wow...those are notable and sure will be useful to have in the explanation. We should probably start calling the spread "Goodbar and Gothic" spread for now on.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really like Mekkah's. Rock is the last thing you'd expect to be super speedy, so its really breaking the mold. Maybe 110 SpAtk and a bit lower SpDef, but its a great spread.

Ack, I'm so conflicted.
I've been editing my stat spreads with minor +5 and -5 tweaks.
I want it to be strong enough, but not too strong.
I'm pretty sure my most recent one was:
85/50/65/115/95/140
Is that overdoing it?
I would love some feedback.
>_>

Correct and with that, it's stat rating comes out to:

physical sweepiness: 96 average
physical tankiness: 96 average
special sweepiness: 196 Amazing
special tankiness: 102 Average
offense/defense balance 35.9 Large bias to offense
physical special balance -42.1 extreme bias to special
overall rating 396 Very Good
Looks good

Gothic Togekiss said:
Wow...those are notable and sure will be useful to have in the explanation. We should probably start calling the spread "Goodbar and Gothic" spread for now on.
"Chocolate Rain" spread? Chocolate = goodbar, rain = gothic?? loll

Hmm starmie max spatk life orb will ko ~58% of the time, though it seems most use leftovers. It takes surfs fairly well from bulky waters in ss, being left with at least 15% health including rocks, which is nice but not ridiculously good. If this thing turns out to be heavy, bold celebi's grass knot at max power will never ohko even with rocks up (though it'll have a small fraction of health left only :P). With 8 spdef EVs a choice specs togekiss's aura sphere will never ohko, sadly a standard NP togekiss will ohko with a boosted aura sphere. Metagross with max attack and lefties can ohko this with SR down every time, but earth power with LO would do a 72.5%-85.7% to a max HP/min spdef metagross if it decided to pursuit instead. Just more thoughts

Ack, I'm so conflicted.
85/50/65/115/95/140
Is that overdoing it?
>_>
Make the Sp. Attack 120+ and Speed 130- and it should be ok.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ack, I'm so conflicted.
85/50/65/115/95/140
Is that overdoing it?
>_>
I actually like that one a lot.

"Chocolate Rain" spread? Chocolate = goodbar, rain = gothic?? loll
LOL no. How about "Dark Chocolate"? Dark = Gothic and Chocolate = Goodbar.

BTW, just found out it Modest Scarftran can't outspeed it, but Timid sure can.

OMGthatkid~ You're not overdoing it if you wanted 140 speed the whole time. Overall, it's looks okay.

So here is my new spread.

80/70/75/125/75/105
TOTAL:530

Mine is completely different, because I chose Satk>Spd. This limits what you can do with it, enough for a chance to kill it.
From the type alone, I can see some counters to it. Dugtrio is the biggest, along with Starmie, Deoxys, ScarfCross(lol), and Infernape. Of course, with what we are likely to give it(HP Ice,Earth Power,etc) , if it outspeeds them with a scarf, then it has a chance to kill most of them.
With a scarf and max speed, this reaches speed tier 476-477 right below Gengar. But because of the fact that this won't get really strong STAB attacks, it would be walled pretty easily by Blissey, Dusknoir, Revenankh(broken), and Fidget. Last 2 are a assumption, but the point remains.
With Choice Specs, this would hit the first challange. OutSpeeding It's counters. Almost absolutely sure that Infernape, Dugtrio and Deoxys, can KO with some super effective attack.
It's defenses would be slightly stronger then pupatar, but weaker then Rhyhorn. And both of these are not known to take hits in OU. Meaning, anything that punches this thing is going to destroy him.
70 Atk, is there just so he has a chance to hit something semi hard with Stone Edge.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
But because of the fact that this won't get really strong attacks, it would be walled pretty easily by Blissey, Dusknoir, Revenankh(broken), and Fidget.
Thats not a fact, the fact is, we can make whatever strong attacks we want. So can we all not assume that this will get no strong attacks, and not base our spreads on whether or not it will or won't get any given attack?

LOL no. How about "Dark Chocolate"? Dark = Gothic and Chocolate = Goodbar.

BTW, just found out it Modest Scarftran can't outspeed it, but Timid sure can.

OMGthatkid~ You're not overdoing it if you wanted 140 speed the whole time. Overall, it's looks okay.
Yea modest scarftran can't outspeed weavile even but timid, it outspeeds Electrode by one point xD. I thought it wouldn't 2hko with earth power but guess it does =/. And lol dark chocolate

tennisace

When you finalize your spreads, can you post them one more time? I'll add them to the op. Its just so I don't have to search for your spread. At the bottom, just say something like: I'm done. This is for everyone who plans on submitting one.

Hp 70
Atk 65
Def 60
Spa 115
Spd 90
Spe 125
BST 520
Its a little less bulky and attack oriented then most others but look its still very fast and has some attack. That means that it can use explosion if the situation calls for it. Maybe even focus punch? The special attack means that it can get a 1 hit ko with 4x super effective hits. It can destroy scyclant and depending on what move pool this gets it can take chunks out of revenankhs hp, that is if it gets air slash.

physical sweepiness 104 average
physical tankiness 79 moderatly bad
special sweepiness 186 amazing good
special tankiness 110 above average
offense/defense ballence 23.8 bias to offense
physical special balence -44.6 extrem bias to special
overall rating 287 quite good

Alright this is my final spread I hope someone likes this one <_>

Here is the stat spread that I'm proposing for this new Pokemon:

HP: 100
Atk: 60
Def: 50
SpA: 135
SpD: 60
Spe: 125

Physical Sweepiness: 96 (Average)
Physical Tankiness: 84 (Below Average)
Special Sweepiness: 224 (Amazing)
Special Tankiness: 96 (Average)
Offense/Defense Balance: 46.6 (Extreme Bias to Defense)
Physical/Special Balance: -53.8 (Extreme Bias to Physical)
Overall Rating: 484 (Excellent)

Well since we have a Rock type and its role is to Special sweep, I decided to give high Special attack because Power gem and Ancient power are the only Sp. attack moves in the game and they are not too good BP. Also, It's the only STAB it will be getting.

Attack will be low because It's a "break the mold" CAP and we don't want to see another Rock type sweeping with Physical attacks.

Its Speed is to outrun the most Pokemons in the game and can be stopped by Pokemons with maxed out 130 Speed having a chance to hit this pokemon first. Piority moves can stop it also.

I gave it 100 Hp if they want to have 101 Subs and but will have its speed lowered. This is good for if you wanna set up Bliss luls. But 100 Hp will be a "break a mold" by having the most Hp than other rock types and having the Hp to survive attacks or being able to switch in.

Defenses are in Below Average/Average because if it was bulky, it would be very dangerous if Most pokemon couldn't Ohko with a Good BP super-effective attack. Defense is 50 because most rock types usually have very high defense and also having a chance to stop this Pokemon with Piority moves, otherwises it would be too strong with 100 Hp.

Sp. Defense is 60 and okay enough for the CAP to switch in onto neutral attacks and can be boosted in sandstorm to assure more chances to survive.

Sorry If my English is bad, I got a C in my Class. But here you go! The explainations of each base stats and the reasons why.

This is done.

Yea modest scarftran can't outspeed weavile even but timid, it outspeeds Electrode by one point xD. I thought it wouldn't 2hko with earth power but guess it does =/. And lol dark chocolate
Well...it does 2HKO it using our spread.

Scarftran Earth Power on Rockmon: 82.24% - 97.2% (54.83% - 64.8% in SS)
66.67% of an OHKO with SR up, but minus SS.

It can switch into his others move with no problem though.

Tennis~ So you basically want us to repost of final drafts spreads...that sounds easy, if not spammy lol.

85/50/65/115/95/140
Physical Sweepiness: 82 Moderately Bad
Physical Tankiness: 93 Average
Special Sweepiness: 188 Amazing
Special Tankiness: 127 Moderately Good
ODB: 21.6 Bias to Offense
PSB: -62.3 Extreme Bias to Special
Overall Rating: 392 Very Good
BST: 550

HP: 85 is a rather decent number, allowing it to come in on a number of attacks, survive a few Seismic Tosses/Night Shades, and overall provides decent but not too amazing survivability. Considering the fact that this Pokemon is going to be more of a sweeper than some sort of sandstorm-reliant tank, Hp is nearly irrelevant.
Atk: We don't need a physically offensive Rock Type, period. 50 is a "fairly retardified" number, meaning it's low enough to be useless, but not too low just for the purpose of unfairly allocating base stat points elsewhere.
Def: Relatively low, but not too much. Decent enough to survive (unlike Alakazam, to whom this CAP is being compared), but not enough to take continual assaults from various physical Pokemon (Sarfchomp?). The only Pokemon that can OHKO CAP 5 from priority moves are Metagross and Breloom, both of which need Choice Band and max Attack in order to establish a guaranteed OHKO.
SpA: I wanted a relatively high number, but not too high to completely throw Technician out the window. I'm really going to vie for that ability. I want it for it's ability to power up Ancient Power, as well as other low Base Power moves. Not only that, but I think any higher than 115 would make for an overpowered sweeper. Think of this Pokemon as a faster, slightly stronger, bulkier version of Jolteon with more offensive options.
SpD: Rather bulky, actually. Usually, in sandstorm, most Rock types get a "survivability" boost rather than one that makes their special defense stats an asset. It's slightly above average now, but it'll be an amazing stat to work with in sandstorm.
Spe: Ah, the meat of it all, and the major selling point of my spread. 140 allows it to tie with Electrode, merely for the company (I highly doubt you'd meet an Electrode in OU). Not only that, but I didn't want to arbitrarily create some new speed tier. We've had enough of that. It also guarantees outspeeding Jolteon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, and Weavile with a +Speed nature. With a +Special Attack nature, it can still outspeed Dugtrio, Sceptile, Alakazam, Azelf, Starmie, Syclant and a number of other rather fast-paced sweepers.

I didn't want any overkill with the Special Attack, and thought Speed should be the primary focus of this CAP.
I also made this set with the possibilty of Technician to boost STAB moves, or possibly a shallower that desired movepool to hinder coverage. I don't want to see this CAP turn into some sort of 135/135+ amazing movepool Pokemon. It's just not happening.

What's so unique about my spread? The fact that it's one of, if not the fastest and fairest (I will refrain from criticizing some rather...sub-par and outrageous stat spreads...). With a +SpAtk nature, it will still outspeed base 120 Pokemon and Syclant running +Speed natures, and also has an offense beating base 130 Pokemon running +Speed natures. So essentially a +Special Attack nature will make it's stats resemble Pokemon that have 130SpA/120Spe with a +Spe nature. The reason I paired 140 Speed with 115 Special Attack as opposed to 120 Speed paired with 130 Special Attack is because I wanted more leniency in terms of Speed. +Speed natures are more popular than +SpAtk natures because of the importance of Speed in our metagame. Therefore, I wanted to couple a decent, though not overly powerful SpAtk stat with a very lenient Speed stat, while also making CAP 5 fast enough to outspeed or overpower Pokemon with similar stats to 130/120 (Such as Alakazam and Weavile).

DAMAGE CALCULATIONS:
LOOK, HOW BULKY!:
(All of the following calculations include sandstorm's effect. All Grass Knots are assumed to have 120 Base Power)
Modest, max Special Attack Life Orb Azelf's Grass Knot: 81-95%
Minimum Special Attack Celebi's Leaf Storm: 68-80%
Modest, max Special Attack Life Orb Gengar's Focus Blast: 84-99%
Modest, max Special Attack Infernape's Grass Knot: 72-85%
Modest, max Special Attack Choice Spec Jirachi's Grass Knot: 80-95%
You see where this is going.
LOOK, HOW STRONG!:
(Assumption: Max Special Attack with Choice Specs)
Power Gem vs Max Hp/ Min SpDef Blissey: 19-22%
Technician Ancient Power: 24-28%
Base 140 Rock Move: 37-44%
Earth Power vs Max Hp/ Min SpD Metagross: 89-105%
Earth Power vs Max Hp/ Max SpD Heatran: 106-125%
Earth Power vs Max Hp/ Min SpD Jirachi: 73-87%

I guess I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)