CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not getting my point. The point is, Hax/Anti-Hax has to be based around a combination of those things. It can't have an ability, type, or set of moves. There is a very small set of those that would fit for this concept, so I don't believe it's a legal submission.
What? Everything is based off of a combination of those things.
There was a plethora of options that Chrono listed, and I never specified any of them. I'm pretty sure that means it is legal.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What? Everything is based off of a combination of those things.
There was a plethora of options that Chrono listed, and I never specified any of them. I'm pretty sure that means it is legal.
OP Rules said:
  • Specific Abilities are not allowed. This applies to existing abilities and new abilities. Do not attempt to circumvent this rule by mentioning specific battle effects that can only be achieved by the implementation of an ability. For example, the following phrases would be illegal:
    "This pokemon should have a defensive ability like Intimidate or Marvel Scale..."
    "This pokemon has an ability that steals the opponent's held item..."
    "When this pokemon is switched in, all weather conditions are nullified..."​
  • Movepools or lists of moves are not allowed. A specific move can be mentioned if it is the basis for the entire concept. For example, the Concept "Rapid Spinner" would obviously mention the move Rapid Spin.
It violates those rules.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I did not specify an ability or any moves in my concept submission, Tennis.
Your concept is formed around a battle effect that needs a specialized ability, if you looked at the bold/underlined sentence. I'm only trying to help.

tennisace

actually this battle effect can be obtained by more than at least 10 different abilties not any specific ability
It doesn't have to be a specific ability. The fact that it's ability centric makes it illegal.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I don't think that reducing the pool of usable abilities in your concept should be illegal (Tennis we should talk later...), Ubermunch's concept is pretty obviously against the rules. I would cite the rule broken but Tennis already did that.

Here is what Ubermunch posted:
Name: Controller of Hax

Description: A Pokemon that is able to either completely stop (or ignore) secondary attack effects, or use them to its advantage. It should be able to make use of moves with desirable (or undesirable for the ignoring version) secondary effects.
Completely stopping both positive and negative secondary effects is something only possible through an ability - and one which does not yet exist at that. This "concept" is nothing more than a specific ability suggestion. I'm not sure how it could possibly be argued otherwise.

Hmm, it seems to be a simple wording issue. I changed it and it actually fits more with the idea I originally came up with. It does not need to "completely stop" effects any more, just counter them. This could be achieved in a number of ways, not ability specific.

I suppose I owe you some thanks, tennis and TAY (the current TL candidates lol).

tennisace

Hmm, it seems to be a simple wording issue. I changed it and it actually fits more with the idea I originally came up with. It does not need to "completely stop" effects any more, just counter them. This could be achieved in a number of ways, not ability specific.

I suppose I owe you some thanks, tennis and TAY (the current TL candidates lol).
I'm not sure that works either. How do you intend on "countering" hax, without an ability, combination of moves, or type?

He never said it would affect all Pokemon nor do a preset amount of damage. I thought it would be more like

X Pokemon used Brick Break
Select random Pokemon on opponents team
Apply damage as normal

So all this really does is make switching not that effective. I don't find this too cheap though as the opponents "active" Pokemon will be able to set up right in your face with you being unable to hit it.
That makes it even more broken. Automatically choosing a pokemon that's super effective from the selected move. Broken.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept: Groudon/Kyogre of OU
Description: A pokemon that has either drought or drizzle

Tyranitar/hippo and sandstream has dominated OU. Sandstream has become a bit of a pain for some teams. I'd like to see possbily a pokemon with either drought or drizzle (perhaps both), or have the ability to easily set up weather.

Either way I'd like to see a pokemon that can change that darn weather.

Concept: Groudon/Kyogre of OU
Description: A pokemon that has either drought or drizzle

Tyranitar/hippo and sandstream has dominated OU. Sandstream has become a bit of a pain for some teams. I'd like to see possbily a pokemon with either drought or drizzle (perhaps both), or have the ability to easily set up weather.

Either way I'd like to see a pokemon that can change that darn weather.
That's the most broken thing you could think of... it's already been proven that it was broken. Plus it breaks this rule V

Specific Abilities are not allowed. This applies to existing abilities and new abilities. Do not attempt to circumvent this rule by mentioning specific battle effects that can only be achieved by the implementation of an ability. For example, the following phrases would be illegal:

"This pokemon should have a defensive ability like Intimidate or Marvel Scale..."
"This pokemon has an ability that steals the opponent's held item..."
"When this pokemon is switched in, all weather conditions are nullified..."

That makes it even more broken. Automatically choosing a pokemon that's super effective from the selected move. Broken.
You misunderstood me. You dont choose the fucking Pokemon. The "ability" or "move" that hits the benched Pokemon would randomly choose one "benched" Pokemon from the opponents team making it very high risk, for very little reward (at least during the start of the game, though this ability would certainly be more useful when the opponent has only 3 or so left)

I understand that being able to choose the Pokemon you hit would be broken. I am not an idiot. Don't insult my intelligence.

I'm not sure that works either. How do you intend on "countering" hax, without an ability, combination of moves, or type?
I don't think it can be done without an ability, combination of moves, or type. The point is that the options are still wide open as to HOW exactly to go about the concept.

tennisace

I don't think it can be done without an ability, combination of moves, or type. The point is that the options are still wide open as to HOW exactly to go about the concept.
Unfortunatly it can't be done then =(

Also Kira, that Bench concept would have to do some serious mechanics changing, and be ability-centered. So it's not legal.

Also Kira, that Bench concept would have to do some serious mechanics changing, and be ability-centered. So it's not legal.
I know this Tennis....

Let me replay the events

Person A made the suggestion
Syprus claimed it was broken
I defended it saying it wasn't that broken (I never said it was legal though)
Syprus misunderstood what I said, thinking what I said made it even more broken.
I realized Syprus had misunderstood what I had meant by "selecting 1 benched Pokemon" (I meant the move randomly selected it, not that the player selected it)

Again, I am not defending the concept's legality.

That's basically Syclant. Except for Thunder of course.
It is similar to syclant, but the difference is that Syclant can always use Icwe Punch(Forget if it's beam or punch). And other 100 acc attacks. I want this to run mostly fire blast, etc, with maybe Ice beam or somthing

Name: "Speed Lowering Abuser"
Concept: A pokemon that can effectively counter faster pokemon and utilizes moves that do so. The current metagame is based on fast-paced styles, as seen now by the introduction of Deoxys-S into OU.

Well, I was absent through Fidget's creation (school), so maybe I get back into this...

Name: PB Destroyer
Concept: Pokemon designed to take out leading (horrible periodic table pun in title) pokemon. Involves some of the following things.
- Doesn't care too much about Sleep (or has some way of lessening it as a problem)
- Doesn't care too much Intimidate
- Either has high speed/priority or high power (choice items can remedy the other), making it fast enough to hit pokes such as Gengar and Crobat, and able to to cripple/kill them immediately. A wide variety of moves would be useful

Things this pokemon does not need (so that it doesn't mutate into some other type)
- Ability to last for the long haul (i.e. defensive stats)
- Healing moves
- Stat Boosting moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)