CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 13a (Name Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Craglith. Crag + Lith, from Lithos, greek for Rock.

EDIT: New name.

Protolith. Proto, from Latin or Greek, I don't know, means First, and Lith, means Rock. "First Rock"... like Ancient [We can link that with the attack "Ancient Beam"]. It also sounds like Proton, a electric particle... We can link that with the Levitate Ability.

I have to say, I'm loving Meteorion and Stratagem. Meteorion is probably my favorite, though, since CaP looks sort of like it could've been the results of a smashed meteor and "meteor" also adds to the special-oriented theme.

Baptistina

Baptistina was a huge astroid just outside our solar system. The meteor that killed our prehistoic scaley friends was actually a piece of Baptistina.

Just want to say that X-Act's (and Doug's, heheh...) "Stratagem" is by far the best and most appropriate name so far.

Anyway, here is my first contribution:

[size=+1]#1: Incairnate[/size]

|in-car-nate| or |in-care-in-ate| (which ever is preferred)

A fusion of "Incarnate" and "Cairn"

-incarnate
adjective |inˈkärnit; -ˌnāt| [often postpositive ]
(esp. of a deity or spirit) embodied in flesh; in human form : God incarnate | he chose to be incarnate as a man.
• [ postpositive ] represented in the ultimate or most extreme form : here is capitalism incarnate.

ORIGIN late Middle English : from ecclesiastical Latin incarnat- ‘made flesh,’ from the verb incarnare, from in- ‘into’ + caro, carn- ‘flesh.’

-cairn |ke(ə)rn|
noun
1 a mound of rough stones built as a memorial or landmark, typically on a hilltop or skyline.
• a prehistoric burial mound made of stones.

ORIGIN late Middle English : from Scottish Gaelic carn.

Also look up "Isivivane"

May come up with a second entry later.

You should, 2 months ago I said it and I was asking people to name it Granight or Graknight, but People would emphasize the "Grak" instead of the "Gra".

I'm really liking Stratagem and I hope it wins, but I'll submit some anyway.

Cleaver
A cleaver is a geological formation, "cleavage" is how certain minerals break, and its arms make me think of the Grim Reaper's scythe.
So, "cleaver"+"cleavage"+"reaper."

Reapose
Again, Grim Reaper, but also a referance to angle of repose.

Just thought of a name for this pokemon, though no one will probably agree with it but sounds good in my mind:

Basilix

I'm guessing that's a compliment? Looking back on the name, Basilisk is a type of snake-like creature and probably wouldn't fit with the CAP5 pokemon currently hmmmm....

Lamnacilis
Lamna is latin for blade, sicilis is hard stone, sharp, rock, flint. Put the two together and boom, it sounds cool.
EDIT: This has no chance against Stratagem... :(

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hehe, I had a game called Boulder Dash on my ATARI computer way back in the early 80s.

X-act must be on a roll, Stratagem's genius and i'll doubt it'll get topped. On the other hand Bolderdash gave me a laugh and it's rather appropriate considering the theme we've got going here. Those are the only names that stand out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)