CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 9.5 (Secondary Ability Poll 1)

What should the Secondary Ability be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Break the Mold-Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Offensive/Defensive Bias: Offensive 20-40
Physical/Special Bias: Special -20 and lower
Base Stat Rating: Very Good
Base Stats:90/60/65/120/70/130 Speed Last
Primary Ability: Levitate

Art By yourDeadGrandad

Now that Levitate is officially the primary ability, we will vote on the secondary ability. I'm doing this like Sunday did, with the same 6 choices as the second poll, only with No Secondary Ability instead of Levitate.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Voting Technician, because of pretty much every reason in the last thread. Rockmon kind of needs it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Technician

Was hoping we wouldn't chuck Ground immunity due to one of the most common traits in the entire game on anything, but win some, lose some. This still could use Technician to great effect, and would actually serve as a viable alternative for Levitate, unlike say, Heatproof on Bronzong.

Also, just because this idiotic thing was an issue with the art, we didn't have any inexplicable duplicate IP's voting, did we?

I might vote for limber, since it's useable next to levitate somewhat, but will prolly vote no secondary option

I wrote up this whole long post explaining why we should give this thing No Secondary Ability, but it's never going to happen.

In any case, it's just as well. I thought it would be really cool to give this guy Heart Scale DragonBreath anyway. :3

Technician as before. Imagine Alakazam, but rock typed.

I might vote for limber, since it's useable next to levitate somewhat, but will prolly vote no secondary option
Please tell me you don't think Technician is broken and are just arguing based on some obscure flavor based issue.

Voted Aftermath as being able to take 1/4 of your opponents' health off after being KO'ed could ensure that your next pokemon gets the KO but, it looks like Technician is taking a strong lead.

Please tell me you don't think Technician is broken and are just arguing based on some obscure flavor based issue.
Reasons have already been stated, I'm not an idiot, and I'm not voting on flavor based issues, let's put the worn out debate to rest please

What reasons? It's broken? Do you seriously think Alakazam with a usable STAB would break OU to the point of chaos?

There's two ways that this whole technician business can go.

1. Technician gets voted in, people rejoice. Everything is designed around this ability. Levitate is obselete except on stall sets (lol). Bad end.

2. Yadda yadda technician voted in. A few useful 60bp moves are added, new move is given a non-AP number like 90/95. BOTH SETS are utilized based on ground immunity VS movepool possibilities. Good end.

I'm pretty sure that tech will win this poll, but I'm still giving my support for limber just because I personally think it rocks. Please design him around both of his potential abilities :)

Want one of Limber, Mold Breaker, or Technician to win the next poll. Technician's a lock for the runoff, and Limber seems more likely to catch NSA than Mold Breaker (though perhaps futile either way), so...

I can definitely see how Levitate would be useful, kind of like Mountaineer/Compoundeyes on Syclant. I really do hope both abilities are taken into account because it adds some unpredictability.

there are far too few technician users in the metagame, and even with no AncientPower, 88-90 BP HPs would be cool. Although the only choices Im strongly against are Limber (as I feel it would not be very good) or NSE.

All the other as practical abilities that are sadly too rare and on subpar pokes.

Well, as it looks like technician is going to win, I just want to bring up some points that were already mentioned in the last poll. If you pick technician, do not expect this poke to be based around 60Bp or less moves. The community as a whole will decide that, so picking technician may only give it Earth Power, Hidden Power, and Ancient Power. Also, this poke is genderless, so its movepool will be limited to what it can learn normally, pre-evo moves, move tutors, and Tm/Hms. Therefore, do not expect this poke to learn Dragonbreath or something by a egg move. Again, just make sure you know these things before posting, or you as a part of the community may not be happy with the way your choice turned out, and thats not what we want.

I also want to say that also consider some other abilities, Like Aftermath or Limber. With aftermath, if you are not able to take out your opponent before he/she/it does to you, you take down 25% of there health. A great strategy could be made with this and Focus Sash/ Choice Scarf/ Specs. Also, Limber will make you immune to paralyze, allowing to switch in on Bliss or something, while also making sure Rockmon doesnt get slowed down.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, as it looks like technician is going to win, I just want to bring up some points that were already mentioned in the last poll. If you pick technician, do not expect this poke to be based around 60Bp or less moves. The community as a whole will decide that, so picking technician may only give it Earth Power, Hidden Power, and Ancient Power. Also, this poke is genderless, so its movepool will be limited to what it can learn normally, pre-evo moves, move tutors, and Tm/Hms. Therefore, do not expect this poke to learn Dragonbreath or something by a egg move. Again, just make sure you know these things before posting, or you as a part of the community may not be happy with the way your choice turned out, and thats not what we want.

I also want to say that also consider some other abilities, Like Aftermath or Limber. With aftermath, if you are not able to take out your opponent before he/she/it does to you, you take down 25% of there health. A great strategy could be made with this and Focus Sash/ Choice Scarf/ Specs. Also, Limber will make you immune to paralyze, allowing to switch in on Bliss or something, while also making sure Rockmon doesnt get slowed down.
Technician is irrelevant to moves over 60 base power anyway, so even if we went whole hog and gave it Ice Beam, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Focus Blast, Technician would have no effect on them. Honestly Ancientpower is all it needs in the Sub-60 realm, although with those claws Aerial Ace will probably work its way on, you know, just in case you want to take out Heracross or something. Although is so persuaded, I might try and use a Kabutops-esque argument over Giga Drain >_>

Technician is irrelevant to moves over 60 base power anyway, so even if we went whole hog and gave it Ice Beam, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Focus Blast, Technician would have no effect on them. Honestly Ancientpower is all it needs in the Sub-60 realm, although with those claws Aerial Ace will probably work its way on, you know, just in case you want to take out Heracross or something. Although is so persuaded, I might try and use a Kabutops-esque argument over Giga Drain >_>
Rather than Aerial Ace, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets Air Cutter, which is 55 Power, and quite useful after Technician boost.

I want a competitive Giga Drain and I've supported it from the start. Technician it is for me. The last thread solidified any doubts I had over it.

I like the whole switch in vs power thing we have going on with Scylant, lets do it again eh?

Deck Knight

Rather than Aerial Ace, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets Air Cutter, which is 55 Power, and quite useful after Technician boost.
82.5 Power and high crit chance. Kind of like a weaker Aeroblast. Would be interesting coverage with HP Fite 89 and Earth Power.

Vacuum Wave could also be interesting.

Just to say:
Aftermath only takes 1/4 of the oppoenents HP if it died to a physical attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)