CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Which Concept for CAP7?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Beej's Ultimate Scout and I'd like to remind everyone of this great post supporting it:

DougJustDoug said:
Beej's Ultimate Scout

Scouting is a very common thing in high-level metagame play. I think this would be a great opportunity to discuss all the different aspects of scouting in OU. Seems to be perfect for a project like CAP, where we are not only making a pokemon, but learning more about metagame at the same time.
Also this from the submitter:

beej said:
I'm voting for my own concept, as I think it will add diversity to the metagame. Flygon, Jirachi and Scizor are the main scouts at the moment, and this will provide an alternative.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i voted low bst since it would be a nice experiment. that looks as tho it wont win. as for partner in crime which is winning at the moment...uh, could we make
equalt, the partner to plusle and minun?

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
...uh, could we make
equalt, the partner to plusle and minun?
No. The idea of this Pokemon would be to work in an OU environment - anything good enough to play in that level most likely wouldn't be partnering up with Plusle or Minun in the first place.

Voted Low BST
it adds a huge amount of flexibility when thinking about movepool, typing, and ability since we are hindering its base stats and aiming for OU
I am sure the CAP community will come up with very creative ways to make this poke awesome.
Vote Low BST guys!

I was tempted to vote for Low BST but resisted because it's not really a Concept so much as a stipulation.

It is a given that any CAP is aimed at OU usage. Simply setting the stipulation of a Low BST tells us nothing about the direction this CAP should go in.

Since the Concept stage was added to provide a cohesive goal behind each CAP, I would not support one that is completed without choosing Ability or Movepool. If Low BST was chosen, there would be no unity regarding the latter Competitive aspects of CAP7 and therefore would urge people not to vote for it.

If people want a low BST for CAP7, we can have it, regardless of which Concept wins.

voted anti-stall

great tank of china is such a blatant polljumper i dont know why is was allowed. all that needed to be said was "special rhyperior with not-shit typing"

My vote's on the Ultimate Scout. Some of the best Pokemon in the game are so unpredictable, and scouting, IMO, has always helped me figure out movesets.

I did sort of lean into Low BST... but Ultimate Scout caught my eye a little more.

As badly as I wanted to vote for Sikh's Great Tank, I voted for LonelyNess' Anti Stall because I think it's the most useful concept at this point in time.

I really like the parasite concept personally. I don't think draining type moves are used enough but it's a really interesting idea if we can pull it off.

Voted Ultimate Scout as that concept looks the most appealing to me, I was going to go with the great tank of china which I did vote for in the previous CAP project concept poll.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I was tempted to vote for Low BST but resisted because it's not really a Concept so much as a stipulation.

It is a given that any CAP is aimed at OU usage. Simply setting the stipulation of a Low BST tells us nothing about the direction this CAP should go in.

Since the Concept stage was added to provide a cohesive goal behind each CAP, I would not support one that is completed without choosing Ability or Movepool. If Low BST was chosen, there would be no unity regarding the latter Competitive aspects of CAP7 and therefore would urge people not to vote for it.

If people want a low BST for CAP7, we can have it, regardless of which Concept wins.
If I understood it correctly, the concept isn't just "creating a low BST pokémon", but "creating a low BST pokémon that still does well in OU due to Ability/typing/movepool/etc". The concept won't be completed until we decide its movepool.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Voting Partner in Crime. Whatever pokemon we choose to partner up could have a big impact on the metagame, maybe decentralizing it a bit more, and it'll be fun to boot. I also don't like how Sikh has basically created his pokemon already...

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
But I closed my eyes and clicked this ;O;:
Maggy Mag =O said:
Concept: Partner in Crime
Description: This Pokemon pairs up well with another, preexisting Pokemon. Similar, in base, to other Pokemon-pairings like "Celetran" or "Gyaravire." This Pokemon can work together to better accomplish one, or even both Pokemons' goals in the pairing.

I think it would be a good learning experience to see how a Pokemon we specifically built to be used with another Pokemon would work in regards to the partnered Pokemon, its effect on the metagame, and how a Pokemon works when it's got something else that can help cover it. We could discuss which Pokemon that this concept would be paired with in Concept Assessment, if it gets that far.
It was either yours or his concept Beej and I guess this one was a little more open to ideas I think or something sorry ;O;. On the bright side, can't wait for Dark/Rock Wonder Guard Terryshell =D! xD ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)