CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 14 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you happen to be one of the few who did that. Both KoA and Wyverii used true black. In-game sprites don't use true black; however, it's not necessary to do the same here.

Saving the image and opening it in Paint.net rather than copying it into a blank canvas will solve the problem you were having.
Ah, thanks for the tip. But if KoA and Wyv's sprites use true black, how come their outlines don't get lost when I copy them into Paint?

Ah, thanks for the tip. But if KoA and Wyv's sprites use true black, how come their outlines don't get lost when I copy them into Paint?
Actually, check the RGB values for the blacks. They're all 0 - true black. I have no idea why the outlines are not being lost for you. Last post on the matter to stop muddying up the thread.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Well, I decided to stop fiddling and just post it up. Whilst I liked the alternate angle, I'd have to mess around with the direction of the lighting, and redo the backsprites completely. Good luck to all the entrants :) .
These are great, but have not yet received much comment. I really like the 'sinewy' look that these sprites have, especially the backsprites. All your sprites here make Kitsunoh look like a predator - they have the same vibe that EoE's original artwork exhibited. Nice male / female differences too =).

I thought I had my mind made up as to what I was going to vote for. Damn you Wizwum for making me indecisive >:(

The foot bugs me, but one thing is that the mouth looks like its painted on, like its not actually a mouth. It looks like it couldn't move.
I think we're all under the impression that the mouth's not supposed to move. A majority of submissions have sprites with no mouth at all.

Great sprite Dragonrulez, right now I think your sprite has the best shading proportion and sizing out of everyone's. The only suggestion I could give would be maybe make the mouth one pixel thinner, and make the eyes a little smaller. Right now the eyes look kinda bug/cross-eyed.

Like maybe from this to this:

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Final Submission

If I spend any more time on this, I'll never get any of my other work done. So this is my final submission.

Right now my vote is on Aragornbird's sprite, but Wyverii's is a close second. I really like how the tail is a bit less "groomed" now.

Wow Aragornbird, that is really good. what you did with the stomach to make it look thinner really, really helped. I am going to vote for either you or cartoons!' Wicked awesome ghostly sprite.

Everyone go take a good look at cartoons' sprite, he has not posted it recently but it is probably the best, most creative sprite out there, and the shiny color is wicked too. For me it gives the ideal feel of ghostly-ness that we need. so please take another look at his first sprite, not the other ones arent good, so look at those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)