• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias and a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias.
Ability: Frisk

Your options are as follows:

Forewarn
Tells what the move with the highest base power is. If two moves are of the same base power, Forewarn randomly picks one. In Double Battles, Forewarn will only tell you about one move total, not one move from each opponent. It selects the highest power move from the two opponents. All moves without a base power are assigned a power.
Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Attack 1 stage on entering the battlefield.
Trace
Upon switching in, this Pokémon copies the opponent's Ability.
-Speed Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Speed 1 stage on entering the battlefield. If this option wins, a poll will be held to decide upon a more suitable name.
Limber
This Pokémon is immune to being paralyzed.
Levitate
This Pokémon is immune to all Ground attacks, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes and can switch out of Arena Trap.
Defensive Download
If this Pokémon is switched into an opponent with higher Attack than Special Attack, it gets a +1 Defense boost. If the opponent has more Special Attack, this Pokémon gets a +1 Special Defense boost. If the opponent has equal offenses, this Pokémon gets a +1 Special Defense boost. Should this option win, a poll will be held to determine a more suitable name.
Use the clicky poll above to vote.

im for defensive download, since it will make switching in easier. plus it's not really that powerful if put on something that isn't a defensive beast to begin with.

Limber. With the way the stat rating is going to go, defensive download, levitate and speed intimidate would just break this pokemon. Limber seems to be the best ability there that won't do that.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Limber for this.

Personally, I'm findining a lot of TWave going around right now. Particularly from Celebi. Since we're generally aiming for a pretty good Speed, I'd like to be able to keep Scoutmon from getting crippled when it should be able to take the oppurtunity to switch in.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Defensive Download seems a tad too much IMO, so I am going with Limber. A poke that relies so much on speed can't afford to be paralysed.

Defensive Download. Helps it come in more easily and also helps it scout a few Pokemon (namely, Lucario and Azelf. Also Nape, but there shouldn't really be reason for switching Scoutmon into it).

At first, I wasn't sure whether to pick Trace or Defensive Download, but to give more thought to it, Defensive Download can prove to be very useful.

I'm for forewarn, limber, or no secondary ability.

I think when you start getting into things like -Speed Intimidate, Defensive Download, Trace, Levitate, Intimidate, and the like, the pokemon stops scouting and starts doing other things.

Those other things are awesome, but they aren't the goal...if I understand this whole process correctly

[15:54:36] <%moot> defensive download will put down any hope of making this thing balanced
[15:54:40] <%moot> frisk and limber maybe
[15:54:45] <%moot> but frisk/nsa makes the most sense

voted limber

I would either vote for Levitate (seeing that the Scout is a Ghost type) or Limber. However, the Scout is immune to Toxic Spikes, which makes Levitate a little less wanting, since Spikes aren't seen that much anymore. Limber is my vote then, because paralysis can cripple the Scout too much, who relies on a high speed.

Let's go Limber.

I wanted Steel/Ground for Thunderwave immunity, and Limber is the next best thing. Being immune to the 2 most common status' helps it to scout common walls like Blissey or Celebi that can carry either or (and often, knowing which status she has is the hardest part of dealing with her). With this ability, CAP7 makes Blissey its bitch, only needing to beware Flamethrower.

A Defensive Download will cause CAP7 to become a wall/tank, not a scout. If we wanted a wall, we would have picked it in the concept submissions.

For those voting Limber-You should have voted for Ground.

Therefore, I went -Speed Intimidate.

Limber so that we can go back to the immunities of Steel Ground. Para scouting is decent too I guess; feels to me that thus far Limber has been one of those abilities that had strong support on each CAP but never made it past the first round.

I'm not too impressed to see Defensive Download winning this. It'd be far too hard to balance it if it had that ability, and it'd make Frisk completely useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)