• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias and a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias.
Ability: Frisk

This poll determines the desired overall "power level" of the pokemon's base stats. In the past, the Base Stat Total (BST) was used to measure the power of base statistics. Since BST is a very poor measurement for stat power, the CAP project now uses Base Stats Rating (BSR) to determine the overall effectiveness of a pokemon's base stats. Polling is simpler, and the results are more useful. The Base Stats Rating is determined by a formula created by X-Act.

Information about the formula is located here.
A utility for calculating the BSR is located here.

Use the clicky poll above to vote. Ordered based on results of the last poll.

People take your time to think before voting. You have plenty of time to make your decision and vote on it so they're no need to rush. You don't want to feel bad for clicking on something you'll regret later on.

We're receiving a decent amount of "misclicks" post within CAP polls nd it seem to me that people aren't paying enough attention to what they're doing before voting. It's probably a good thing they're mods out there that would gladly change your vote if you make a mistake, but you shouldn't count of them all the time.

Anyway, voted for Very Good though either way, I don't a good future for CAP7.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I believe Quite Good is sufficient, considering the things we could be giving this Pokemon. As darkie said, capping the stats a little can allow for a greater freedom in movepool. Steel/Ghost typing is plenty enough to make do with Quite Good.

I'm going to pulll for Quite Good here, mainly because of the fact that the Scout relies more on speed and the ability to tank at least somewhat. It doesn't require very powerful offensive stats, but can still pull off an average sweep if needed.

From here on out I am going to be more active. Thank god school is letting up for a bit x_x.

Anyways I am pulling for Quite Good. I feel that Very Good will mean that Stats would be very unnecessarily high. Plus, the last few CaPs iirc have been Very Good so I do want to work with a more limited stat range.

Considering that most people are already making stat spreads that fit the current poll leader, I'd say we have nothing to worry about here.

I've voted for Very Good.

But not because I want an exceptionally high rating at all. I don't want a Stat rating in the 400's or even high 350+. I find that a cap off of 299 to be just that little bit to restrictive. Ideally I feel to be able to reach all the numbers we need, with out becoming over bearing, a rating between 300-350 would suffice.

This would have been a very good poke in it were up to me but all the puns just make me want to punch my self in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)