CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 9 - Art Poll 5

Which design?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes nothing. People can vote for Doug because it will make spriting, movepool designing and naming more easy, I don't care.

Vote Elegy

My vote tied it 40:60! Will Elegy come back from behind once again, or will DougJustDoug stick out the lead and carry it through for his long-awaited final victory? Tension rises -- Now only time will tell...

My mind says Doug, but my heart screams Elegy. Doug's seems more like a Pokemon, but Elegy's is gorgeous and infallible. If Doug's wins, I won't be upset at all. But Elegy's was too much of a masterpiece for me to abstain my vote.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
My vote tied it 40:60! Will Elegy come back from behind once again, or will DougJustDoug stick out the lead and carry it through for his long-awaited final victory? Tension rises -- Now only time will tell...

My mind says Doug, but my heart screams Elegy. Doug's seems more like a Pokemon, but Elegy's is gorgeous and infallible. If Doug's wins, I won't be upset at all. But Elegy's was too much of a masterpiece for me to abstain my vote.
Parad, that discurss was gorgeous

Doug has entered in every single art poll. And every time, no matter how good his design was, he never won. However, that never stopped him. He kept drawing in addition to running the server and coding all the Pokemon for us. Every time we had a problem, we went to Doug. I think it's time to repay him for all he's done for us. Vote Quimby. errr... Vote Doug.
This story touched my heart :,D

Pulling for DougJustDoug

This is going to be one of those close polls, I'd do an IP check just to make sure all of these votes are legit.

Calad had the best representation of steel and ghost out of the final three. EoE looks too ghost and Doug looks too steel. I'm voting for EoE because it has enough steel to be considered part-way steel, while doug has nothing that even looks ghost (or like it would be immune to fighting -- IIRC that seems like an important part of this pokemon) short of a skull. Both pokemon lack a way to convey facial expressions, which kinda stinks. They both, however, look like scouts bonk bonk bonk.

It's close but EoE has my vote. It's really the lesser of the two evils at this point now that calad and cyzir are gone.

I've been around since CAP2, I know doug has done just about everything around here, but an art contest that is judged by anything other than the art on display is silly. If I'm to judge the final two of anything, I'm not going to ask which creator did more for the greater good of mankind -- I let the final entries stand by themselves. If you bring politics into all of this it will over-complicate things in a direction away from the art. This is still an art poll.

Im voting DougJustDoug, as I have from the beginning. It was the best design at the beginning. Its been the best design in each stage since. Its the best design in the final. I dont mean to sound offensive if I do, but both art and concept wise, EoE's design just is no where NEAR as impressive as DJD's design, and Im sure that that is what should be judged.

DJD's is my favourite design in this CAP, and of CAP's 1-6 too. It just.......... is amazing, without a doubt.

May the best design win (Ergo, DJD's)

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voted DJD. As well as being a brilliant piece of art and clearly making it easier to justify a large number of moves more easily (Punches, U-turn, Explode ect).. I have fallen in love with the design. The only design I have liked as much was Stratagem. Pyroak comes close but this..

VOTE DOUGY!

Why do we have to have such a close poll..

Voted Doug for justice, to ensure that the laughter of babies worldwide can still be heard, and because it's just plain awesome.

While I agree with Hazmat, I also feel that DougJustDoug's design is the best and most representative of the concept. I really think that the attitude of this should be more sporting though - both artists are talented and did well to garner so much support, and to imply people would vote for them to make it 'easier' is (I assume unintentionally) quite derogatory.

Damn it. I thought Art Poll 4 was the last art poll, so I already started making a sprite of EoE's design. For that reason, I voted EoE. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)