CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 4 - Style Bias Poll 2

What should our Style Bias be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking on the CAP forums a bit so here goes my input.

I honestly feel it should be really close to 0 but Somewhat Defensive gets my vote because it can still use stat up moves.

Voted somewhat defensive, because I think that more defensive dragons are needed, but I still think that it should be close to 0.

Voted Somewhat Offensive because I agree with Bass. There are a lot of defensive pokemon, and we are voting SLIGHTLY offensive here. Won't mean we can't make a bulky gyrados with this thing.

Somewhat Defensive.

Because I know a certain ability that I would like to see better used. And I think it would work better with a defensive pokemon. And we have way too many offensive dragons already.

I voted Somewhat Defensive again as I think the abilities listed are the most competitive. Not to mention I want to see a different take on dragon this time around.

Actually, as long as an ability is allowed we can still use it, I believe the list cyber made was just a suggestion.
Yes, but the suggestion is accurate, using something like Iron Fist is not suited to a defensive Pokemon, and has a very low chance of being used (first example that came into my head).

Without taking anything into consideration, I was going to agree with somewhat defensive, since I'm a fan of defensive guys (Shuckle is my hero, currently). But after really thinking about the typing, I can't agree with going defensive. Weakness to Ice, Ground, AND Dragon mean that a great deal of things are going be able to hit hard.

Alternatively, since it gets STAB on Electric and Dragon, both good attacking types, I'd say that opting for a more offensive spread would be a good idea. And it could certainly work awesomely with Adaptability, which just feels wasted on Porygon-Z.

So somewhat offensive.

Somewhat Offensive: 0 to 20

It will most likely be very balance build any way, so it will have plenty of defensive merit. But I feel this typing deserve some offensive ability to be able to apply pressure, otherwise it's likely bound to sit around doing nothing in a Meta Game that is already very stall orientated.

While type wise it has some awesome resists, it also has some glaring and common weaknesses. So it's never going to be a walling power house. It will actually need some bite behind it's bark to yield the most out of it resistant capabilities.

C'mon, guys, isn't an offensive spread gonna make so much more beautiful use of Electric/Dragon's amazing neutral type coverage? Furthermore, those Ice and Ground weaknesses don't quite appeal to me when we see CAP 8 from a defensive standpoint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)