CAP 8 CAP 8 Stat Spread Submissions / Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission:

90/90/102/85/120/70
BST: 557
PSweep: 111, Rank 1: Above Average
PTank: 139, Rank 3; Good
PSweep: 106, Rank 0: Average
PTank: 160, Rank 5: Extremely Good
ODB: -19.9, Moderate Bias to Defense
PSB: -5.0, Slight Bias to Special.
BSR: 382 (Very Good)

Well, that's that.

final submission

i originally wasn't planning on submitting one, but here goes:

87/80/105/98/100/90
physical sweepiness: 113 rank 1(above average)
physical tankiness: 140 rank 3(good)
special sweepiness: 137 rank 3(good)
special tankiness: 134 rank 3(good)
ODB: -1 (no bias)
PSB: -8.2 (slight bias to special)
BSR: 390, very good
BST 560

IMO making this poke a dragon changed the rules of its stat distribution more than many think it has. we are dealing with a type that has its fully evolved, non-legendaries an average of 558 BST (without altaria it would be 572) and a minimum stat distribution of 75/70/80/70/80/80. with this knowledge, i realized that there was no true "dumping stat" to use to try and over-power this poke, but it also made me realize that there were others that payed no attention to the past precedent on the stats of dragon types (i think i saw an attack of 35...)
on to the actual stats.
87/105/100 defensive stats allows for it to take hits rather well at both ends of the spectrum, with slightly higher def to deal with EQ since it is the most popular move in the game at the moment (252hp/252def with a + nature takes a max of 84.66% from 252attack + nature CB dugtrio). i also saw no reason in giving this poke 100+ hp subs, considering that the only reason for that would be seismic toss, and there is only one major user of that move.

80/98/90 offensive stats allows for this poke to hit somewhat from both sides of the spectrum. the 80 attack might seem low, but with LO a + nature and a single DD under its belt, it has an attack of 555. also, at 90 speed it would be faster than many common threats (ttar, pre-agility metagross, machamp, breloom, skarmory, scizor, gyarados, and swampert). the speed would also make it one of the faster DD users (should it gain that, since only 4 of the 6 fully evolved, non-legendary dragons have it).

may edit this later today with damage calcs, if this is still open.

Final Submission

HP: 107
Att: 80
Def: 104
Sp.att: 87
Sp.Def: 102
Speed: 75

BST: 555
ODB: -18.0
PSB: -3.1
OR: 418 Very Good

Reasoning:
107 HP gives 404 hp and 101 subs with 196 EVs, allowing slight investment in other stats.

80 attack becomes decent if we give CAP 8 Dragon Dance. Also keeps him from being overpowered.

104/102 defences. With the exception of Draco Meteor, a majority of the other feared attacks are physical, as are a majority of CAP 8's threats. Tailoring the defences slightly towards defence increases the chance of surviving the threatening physical attacks. Further this spread is sturdier than the likes of Celebi, Jirachi etc.

87 sp.att. It makes sense to make sp.att higher than attack seing as CAP 8's strongest attacks are in the Special side of the spectrum. He can deal out reasonable damage with this stat.

75 speed allows CAP 8 to comfortably outspeed most walls without any investments and with some investment allows him to outspeed Tyranitar and Scizor and a few others. Will also outpace things a lot quicker than Tyranitar would with Dragon Dance.

Calcs will come up later if I have the time.

final submission

90/70/98/80/115/112

Physical Sweepiness: 110 Above Average
Physical Tankiness: 131 Good
Special Sweepiness: 125 Moderately Good
Special Tankiness: 154 Very Good
Offense/Defense Balance: -11.4 Moderate Bias to Defense
Physical/Special Balance: -14.7 Moderate Bias to Special
Overall Rating: 382 Very Good
BST: 565

Defenses 90/98/115: Focuses on special defense, but the physical defense is good enough for it to come in on resistances.

Attacking Stats 70/80: Low if you're trying to take out walls, but with it's speed and defenses it can come out on top against many sweepers with high powered attacks like Draco Meteor and Volt Tackle.

Speed 112: The main point of interest for this spread. Outspeeds Latias, Salamence, Flygon, and Infernape at max, and can outspeed Lucario, Heatran, and Gyarados with 112 EV's, leaving room for other EV's. Finally, it can outspeed Breloom and Metagross with 12 EV's, minimum speed Rotom, Suicune, and Celebi (not really important), and maximum speed Tyranitar and Scizor with no EV's.

Final Submission

132/71/92/93/67/100

Base Stat Total = 555

P. Sweeping: 107 Rank 0 Average
P. Tanking: 160 Rank 5 Extremely Good
S. Sweeping:
139 Rank 3 Good
S. Tanking: 124 Rank 2 Moderately Good

Offense/Defense Balance: -8.0 Slight Basis to Defense
Physical/Special Balance: -0.1 No Bias

Base Stat Rating: 419 Very Good

Reasoning:
HP/132 - Gives good bulkiness and allows 101 HP subs without any HP investment. Plus I found this to be an effective HP when combined with my defensive values.

P.Atk/71 - Seems most people wanted a special attacker, but I wasn't completely willing to give up on physical attack. With Dragon's Dance or Swords dance combined with its defensive capabilities and speed it could at least suffice to be 'usable'.

P.Def/92 - It resists most of the common special attacks; thus the defensive stat that would benefit most from extra padding would be regular old defense.

S.Atk/93 - It gives it some punch without giving itself to being a pure sweeper. Combined with strong stabs this thing can hit nice and hard.

S.Def/67 - Even without great special defense this thing could take most special hits with ease. This just makes it so that it could take even boosted hits. If it gets Calm Mind it could really wall on both ends.

Spe/100 - I like my speed. I thought of edging it upwards a bit, but I just didn't like the feel after doing so. 100 is a good solid speed tier to belong to.

May edit in some calcs later if I get around to it.

That will be all of the Stat Spreads that will be allowed through. The submissions are over, it would be appreciated if a mod closed this thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)