Caution: This thread will likely make you sad.

Holy fuck how did nobody mention this? This is easily the most heart-wrenching thing in this whole thread. God really I just feel awful after reading that thing, and not to sound corny, but I kind of feel like that changed the way my outlook would be on a situation like that. Fuck I can't get over how soul-crushing that was, so I'll just sit here and keep telling myself that it's fake. It's fake it's fake it's fake it's fake it's fake it's fake it's fake it's fake it's fake

Edit: You're completely right Hipmonlee, which is the only reason I can convince myself that it is indeed fake.

But I even just went out to dinner and I keep catching myself thinking about it and every time I do that I just revert back to being super-sad

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It makes it way less depressing. This figurative explanation doesnt make any sense. It's just an error on the part of the author.

Basically you need to accept that this story happens in a world where eye transplants are only possible if you transplant both eyes to get the full effect. It's not really hard to do. But honestly, I dont think believability was the authors primary focus.

Have a nice day.

I think it'd work better if she came back from the grave to get her eyes back because he was an ungrateful bastard.

hey i might be missing something but the eye story makes no sense
The man goes blind, but before he wakes up from the accident, the woman gives her eyes to him. He wakes up and finds that she's blind and he can't deal with that, so he leaves her. She gets sick and dies, and he sees a letter which is basically saying that she wants him to be happy and be able to see the world instead of her.

I don't think it's supposed to be metaphorical, and I'm not sure if I'm reading the very last part right, but it kills me when she says "...I'll be contented, and happy with your love."

And Glen actually beat you to Marimo which I don't find sad

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Saddest TV show ever is without a doubt Futurama - Jurassic Bark.

It still gets me every time..

Have a nice day.

Guys I just watched Grave of the Fireflies today. I'm in a downward spiral help me.
Why would people watch Grave of the Fireflies if they don't feel like being depressed?

I'd help if this thread wasn't about making people sad.

Watch My Neighbor Totoro. They're a set, and it was usually played after GotF for its therapeutic qualities

Feel like being sad? Enjoy kthx

The father was busy polishing his car. He makes sure that the car would be in spic and span condition. When he sees that the car was beaming with shine, he happily went inside. That whole time, his five year old son was watching him, fascinated on the colors that he sees. Thinking that his father would like it, he began to scribble on the car's shiny exterior. At the time, his father went outside and caught his son, the father feels an uncontrolled rage..his mind went cloudy. He reached for the hammer and began to pound his little son's finger. He went on and on, and when his sense came back, he suddenly realized what he's done. He rushed his son to a nearby hospital. At the hospital, bereft of crying, his son innocently asked, "Dad, when will my fingers grow back?"

The father cried and cried, realizing the mistake he'd done. When he glanced at the notes that his son made on the car, it read : "I love my Dad."

The father was busy polishing his car. He makes sure that the car would be in spic and span condition. When he sees that the car was beaming with shine, he happily went inside. That whole time, his five year old son was watching him, fascinated on the colors that he sees. Thinking that his father would like it, he began to scribble on the car's shiny exterior. At the time, his father went outside and caught his son, the father feels an uncontrolled rage..his mind went cloudy. He reached for the hammer and began to pound his little son's finger. He went on and on, and when his sense came back, he suddenly realized what he's done. He rushed his son to a nearby hospital. At the hospital, bereft of crying, his son innocently asked, "Dad, when will my fingers grow back?"

The father cried and cried, realizing the mistake he'd done. When he glanced at the notes that his son made on the car, it read : "I love my Dad."
oh god
I'm a sucker for hospital-related things and I just about cried at this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)