Chimchar/Ditto Breeding Experiment

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This explains why nature wont pass when I bred my English Gyarados (M) with a Japanese Gabite (F)

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Myth busted, then, and I'm going to update the resource topic.

Intralanguage breeding on any cart: everstone compatible
Interlanguage breeding on any cart: everstone incompatible

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if this applies to 3rd gen Japanese Pokemon? I have a few, but I don't have D\P to test it on. :(

@yamipoli: was this a random French guy or somebody you knew? I'm wondering if the French language set has letters with accents.

I'm wondering if there's something besides all that that can influence the nature being passed on. I've been doing tons of breeding lately, and here are my results.

Adamant Ditto (from Emerald)

Cranidos (3/5 Adamant)
Geodude (2/5 Adamant)
Machop (4/5 Adamant)
Sneasel (2/5 Adamant)
Heracross (2/5 Adamant)
Starly (2/5 Adamant)
Magikarp (2/5 Adamant)
Gible (3/5 Adamant)

And with a Modest Ditto:

Gastly (3/5 Modest)
Roselia (1/5 Modest)
Chansey (3/5 Modest)
***Abra (0/25 Modest)***

Why is it that in all my other batches, I've had extremely consistent results, but with Abra, I could get NO modests whatsoever? And yes, the Ditto was from my US Emerald and was holding an Everstone. In fact, both Dittos were from my US Emerald. The chances of 0 Modests out of 25 Abras with a 50% chance of passing natures each time are pretty astronomical. I would have to guess that there has to be something else influencing this, but what do I know?

Anyone else having this problem?

Looks like from these two examples that we may not even need a ton more testing...it makes me think more and more that everything works fine as long as both Pokemon are from US versions.
I had the right idea! *dance*

Or something. :p I'm so stupid, I looked up "inter-" and "intra-" and both can mean "within" which is kinda confusing. But basically, I get the impression that same-language breeding = work and different-language breeding = NOWORKY.

Actually I'm breeding a Kadabra with my Ditto. The Kadabra was from the in-game trade in Pearl. All other parents to the other babies were from in-game (Pearl) captures (besides Cranidos, of course.)

When a japanese parent is bred with an american parent, what region is the child assumed to be?

Is it locked to the cart, meaning that a JP/US breed will give a JP baby on a JP cart and a US baby on a US cart? I'm gonna want to start looking into breeding some of my starters just because, and my Chimchar and Turtwig are both japanese. Everstone breeding would be really stupid if the babies ended up JP as well.

When a japanese parent is bred with an american parent, what region is the child assumed to be?

Is it locked to the cart, meaning that a JP/US breed will give a JP baby on a JP cart and a US baby on a US cart? I'm gonna want to start looking into breeding some of my starters just because, and my Chimchar and Turtwig are both japanese. Everstone breeding would be really stupid if the babies ended up JP as well.
I think it's locked to the cart. I was breeding a japanese Alakazam and adamant US Sableye with everstone, and after 15 tries I got only one adamant sableye. I replaced the Alakazam for one of its children and I got the usual 50%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)