SM OU CM Mega-Latias Z-Kyurem Black turn turn (peak 1963)

So basically I'm in the early stages of this new team because I wanted to use CM Mega Latias (and Z-Kyurem-B) for the first time. I don't think it's a great team but it's very fun and is capable of beating anything on the ladder.
Anyway, feel free to test it and basically any advice is good. Also the Magnezone is Analytic but you can change it to Magnet Pull to be safe if you want.

Basically it's Dragonium Kyurem-B instead of Icium Kyurem because Haze Toxapex is a problem for Stored Power Lati and it still destroys TTar and Megatar too. I don't really know anything else that is a problem for Stored Power Lati except maybe CB Weavile, so after that it's just a matter of not getting swept by a Volcarona or Charizard-X and setting up Lati in the late game.
Specially defensive Gliscor, Wish-Rachi and Ash Greninja are the team's Turn-Turn-Turn core, which help trap things with Magnezone and help get in the breaker itself, Kyurem-B. Gliscor doesn't have EQ or Roost which I was gonna change but it turns out it's pretty much the MVP.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn

Jirachi is on the team to check Magearna, Lele, Mega Zam and Bulu, and provide Wish support to the rest of the team - Kyurem, Gliscor and Latias especially if they were low on switch-out. Jirachi can pivot in and out on a lot of things to get Magnezone, Kyurem and Gliscor in and that's mostly what it's there for. As a bonus it can flinch stall mons down after they've been knocked off like Chansey and P2.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Ash-Greninja is on the team because I needed something to break for Mega-Latias but also be a U-turner and also not be a rocks weakness. I'm still not sure about it. Shuriken is good to have as priority but also is pretty bad priority before Battle Bond activates, compared to say CB Zygarde's Extremespeed. On the other hand, Ash-Gren is very hard to switch into and lures in Toxapex, which Mega-Lati needs gone, and can also Reverse Sweep Rain teams.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Defog
- U-turn

Gliscor is the team's dedicated lead, unless the other side has a Greninja (then go Kyurem-B). It's primary function is to Defog and set up Rocks reliably, which it does against pretty much every hazard setter bar Ice Beam Mew. This Gliscor is specially defensive so it can take a Hidden Power Ice from Koko or Zapdos when it needs to, and can always pivot back on U-turns or after a Wish throughout the game to regain health. Keep in mind that Gliscor without EQ is very passive so U-Turn is needed to make sure you aren't in bad situations against say Volcarona, Mega Charizard-X or Mega Gyarados. Knock off is always good against Bulky Mons.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Mega Lati is the team's sweeper. Typical CM Stored Power Recover set. Max Speed Max HP. I initially ran Surf on it but T-Bolt seems to fit better.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone is on the team because it works well with the Kyurem-B set I'm using and because it makes Lati's life easier. Either predict or U-turn on Mega Scizor, Celesteela, Ferrothorn and (provided you know what it's locked into or know that it's Scarf and you're at full health) Kartana.
Oh yeah I forgot this Magnezone is Analytic because people really do just assume they're trapped and Analytic Flash Cannon has a chance to OHKO Defensive Landorus and Rocks Chomp and always kills Offensive Landorus. Also Analytic Volt Switch is strong. Mag is also useful as a last-minute Koko switch in, a Mimikyu check and something to stop set up Clef ruining your life.
Note: This EV Spread gives Magnezone 201 speed which allows it to outspeed both Utility M-Scizor and Bulky SD M-Scizor which runs 200 speed, as well as Specially Defensive Heatran which runs 200 speed and Adamant Max Speed Mawile which hits 199, as well as obviously Ferrothorn and Celesteela. You could run 202 speed to get those Scizor's trying to creep. You don't outspeed Max Speed M-Scizor, Heatran or fast Magnezones but the bulk is far more important.

Kyurem-Black @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Kyurem-B is the team's main breaker for Mega-Lati, although originally I was gonna switch it for Z-Blacephalon or something like that, but this mon is very good. Dragonium destroys Toxapex, the main Ice Beam switch in, and also serves as a nuke for things like TTar and Volcarona. Earth Power would be nice for tran but at the moment Roost and Fusion Bolt are working well.

Last edited:
Last edited:
hi, I like this team and the fact it uses dragonium kyurem b which stops people from pivoting to toxapex and stuff on the icium, but I still think maybe Z-ing another move like bolt or ice would be more beneficial for the team since iciumz hits pretty much all the steels that you would want to hit for latias, even ferro and magearna are better dealt with, minus the pex thing. Another thing is I would recommend toxic spikes or spikes on greninja, with the former being better for latias to chip and beat tankier darks or for greninja and stuff, while the latter weakening toxapex and grasses. cheers!

You're right about Ferro and Magearna being weakened better by Icium, but that's why there's a Magnezone on the team. Magnezone allows Kyurem to run Dragonium. However, Icium is better against stall for Clefable and OHKOing Chansey so I do often consider using it.

You're right about tspikes/spikes on Greninja, I'll have to change my playstyle but I definitely want to test this, as it can help Greninja break for itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)