Combinations For Advantage: An Epic RMT

Well Pokemon Diamond and Pearl is almost here and so everyone is on a rush making teams. So, of course i decided to post one of my own.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Evs: 172 HP / 112 Def / 194 Spd / 32 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar is always a good start and my specail sweeper as well as Garchomp counter. Now i wasnt sure if i should go with hypnosis or wow instead of AG, but since another of my poke is a sleeper, i thought too make this an AGer. It works excellently with this team and covers all but fire of Lucario's weaknesses rather well. I may make him a more bulky kind seeing as how i have wishsupport, but it takes practice to really know whats good for your team.

[EDIT]: I changed Gengar to this DefGar instead. Its evs allow it to survive and cb attack (except for metagross' mm) and then wow it back or ohko it back for the dragons or even d-bond and force a switch. I really like this thing as a start. I have another sleeper on my team so i chose WoW instead.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb** Sekhem Em
Trait: Humble Heart
EVs: 252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 4 DEF
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Hi-Jump Kick
-Extremespeed
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

How much i love this lucario. Now the goal of this team is using a rather nifty combo to baton pass a swords dance to this guy. That way he doesn need to waste time setting up and can just start attacking, although idfor some reason the BP doesnt work, he can still SD up. Together with Gengar, there isnt much that can switch into these two. they are both some of the most versatile pokemon in the game and togther covering each others weaknesses means a quick defeat for the opponent.

Flygon (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spd / 74 SDef
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Rock Slide
- Somersault

Yes what you see is a Flygon. Now its lurking in the shadows, but i will not let one of my favorite pokemon fall this way. Basically the strategy is to use screech on the incoming bulky water switch. then proceed to either ohko it if you can with eq or Somersault (while doing aton of damage) to Leafeon who dominates all the bulky waters or even Gengar and such. Basically its a free advantage. if the oponent happens to switch out, then you just gained an even bigger advantage allowing you to freely sault onto a counter. I like to trademark call it "ScreechSaulting" :).

Leafeon (F) @leftovers
Trait: Leaf Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 192 Spd / 106 Atk / 16 Def
Jolly Nature (+ Speed, -Sp. Atk)
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Baton Pass
-Grasswhistle/Scissor Cross/Substitute

*Thanks to Evolutia for these magnificent EVs*
Leafeon is such an awesome baton passer. With my screechsaulting, i can almost guaruntee a free swords dance. With its speed, it allows me to outrun any phazers so i can possibly put them to sleep with Grasswhistle (if it hits). Grasswhistle's acc is terrible however, so sub or SC may be great alternatives. but if your lucky, you can easily cripple a team of its only phazer, lets say skarm, allowing you to BP to lucario for the potential win. I really like this combo and it definatley will be a threat, as was celegross in ADV.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is like the only reliable specail wall in DP. i really like the wish support since it goes well with leafeon, flygon and even my sweepers. Its blissey what else to say.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 122 Def / 136SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder-Wave
- Slack Off

I just LOVE slowbro this generation. Slack-Off is amazing on him and he is such a good bulky water. t-wave just makes things sweeter. [EDIT]: Evs are now calculated to be able to kill any dragon with ice beam and still be able to survive an sd'd Garchomp's eq.

So heres my team. The idea of Swords Dance is far from original, but i do like how i incorported it in my team. I seems quite stable. the only apparant weakness i just noticed is a CBWeavile weak, but thats what testing is for and for now that isnt possible. so all comments are highly appreciated.

Its so funny how you are all making teams now without even knowing what the game is going to be like.

Here is whats gonna happen....Something is going to catch Gengar with pursuit and Heracross is going to cripple your entire team.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Leafeon is in the unique position of being the only SD passer that has a sleep inducing move to cripple those incoming phazers and physical counters. Even if grasswhistle misses the first time, it will hit eventually... and could put you well on your way to a sweep. We'll see how this works out.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't like AG Gengar because it's very vulnerable to Pursuit... Give it Hypnosis, I'd say - Wisp will just screw you harder against Pursuit Heracross.

Nice to see someone other than me use Leafia. :) My EVs are almost the exact same, just one point less Speed, and I switched Atk and Def.

Eh, watch out for Electivire. Weavile seems to hit this team pretty hard as well.

Edit: I just noticed you said you had a CBWeavile weak. If Electrolevitate/Thunderbolt/Metal Sound/ HP Ice or Grass is a viable set for Magnezone, it'll hurt pretty bad. Otherwise, it seems pretty solid to me.

Well Pokemon Diamond and Pearl is almost here and so everyone is on a rush making teams. So, of course i decided to post one of my own.

Gengar (M) @ Adherence Glasses
Evs: 64 HP / 192 Spd/ 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt

Gengar is always a good start and my specail sweeper as well as Garchomp counter. Now i wasnt sure if i should go with hypnosis or wow instead of AG, but since another of my poke is a sleeper, i thought too make this an AGer. It works excellently with this team and covers all but fire of Lucario's weaknesses rather well. I may make him a more bulky kind seeing as how i have wishsupport, but it takes practice to really know whats good for your team.

I think you should for go AG on Gengar. Now that Pursuit is physical many pokemon with high attack power will switch in on gengar knowing it'll switch out and it's a kill with pursuit. I'd reccommend using a Mixed Gengar with Hypnosis or perhaps Destiny bond to take the pursuiter down with you.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb** Sekhem Em
Trait: Humble Heart
EVs: 252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 4 DEF
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Hi-Jump Kick
-Extremespeed
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

How much i love this lucario. Now the goal of this team is using a rather nifty combo to baton pass a swords dance to this guy. That way he doesn need to waste time setting up and can just start attacking, although idfor some reason the BP doesnt work, he can still SD up. Together with Gengar, there isnt much that can switch into these two. they are both some of the most versatile pokemon in the game and togther covering each others weaknesses means a quick defeat for the opponent.

I like the Lucario set. With SD and Extremespeed Dugtrio cannot counter you.

Flygon (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spd / 74 SDef
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Rock Slide
- Somersault

Yes what you see is a Flygon. Now its lurking in the shadows, but i will not let one of my favorite pokemon fall this way. Basically the strategy is to use screech on the incoming bulky water switch. then proceed to either ohko it if you can with eq or Somersault (while doing aton of damage) to Leafeon who dominates all the bulky waters or even Gengar and such. Basically its a free advantage. if the oponent happens to switch out, then you just gained an even bigger advantage allowing you to freely sault onto a counter. I like to trademark call it "ScreechSaulting" :).

Cool Flygon idea, ScreechSaulting may be something I'd like to try out.

Leafeon (F) @leftovers
Trait: Leaf Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 192 Spd / 106 Atk / 16 Def
Jolly Nature (+ Speed, -Sp. Atk)
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Baton Pass
-Grasswhistle/Scissor Cross/Substitute

*Thanks to Evolutia for these magnificent EVs*
Leafeon is such an awesome baton passer. With my screechsaulting, i can almost guaruntee a free swords dance. With its speed, it allows me to outrun any phazers so i can possibly put them to sleep with Grasswhistle (if it hits). Grasswhistle's acc is terrible however, so sub or SC may be great alternatives. but if your lucky, you can easily cripple a team of its only phazer, lets say skarm, allowing you to BP to lucario for the potential win. I really like this combo and it definatley will be a threat, as was celegross in ADV.

Leafeon's my favorite eeveelution and this is a great set for it. Grasswhistle can potential cripple their phazer allowing you to set up easier.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is like the only reliable specail wall in DP. i really like the wish support since it goes well with leafeon, flygon and even my sweepers. Its blissey what else to say.

A very nice supporter to your team.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder-Wave
- Slack Off

I just LOVE slowbro this generation. Slack-Off is amazing on him and he is such a good bulky water. t-wave just makes things sweeter.

Fine.

So heres my team. The idea of Swords Dance is far from original, but i do like how i incorported it in my team. I seems quite stable. the only apparant weakness i just noticed is a CBWeavile weak, but thats what testing is for and for now that isnt possible. so all comments are highly appreciated.
Your team needs to be slighty weary of Weavile because it put's a hurt on alot of your team members, as long at you keep up a steady offense it should not be a problem. You may also need to re calc the sp. attack on slowbro, I forget how much sp. attack it needs to OHKO the Landshark.

Yawn could go over Grasswhistle from Leafia.

Yawn is "I force switches", takes 1 turn longer, but has 100% accuracy.

It's funny when you Yawn someone right before they use Substitute. If GrassWhistle misses, then it blocks it for good.

Ok so i changed the gengar moveset and the slowbro evs to be be able to ohko chomp with ice beam. and how cool i didnt know Leafeon learned Yawn. The goal however is catch the phazer on the switch with grasswhistle, yawn still allows the phazer to use whirlwind or roar since being put to sleep is a less threat then a potential bp pass. And im not sure on how to get rid of my weavile and heracross weak. maybe suicune or pert over slowbrow or somewhere have a better physcial wall like skarm, any suggestions.

No, keep Slowbro. It's one thing I like about your team, it isn't full of bog standards (and it has Leafeon, which is cool++) If you're aiming to just win, go with Skarmory I guess. You kinda have trouble against Heracross. Grasswhistle is cool and all, but you may want to consider Aerial Ace on Leafeon.

No, keep Slowbro. It's one thing I like about your team, it isn't full of bog standards (and it has Leafeon, which is cool++) If you're aiming to just win, go with Skarmory I guess. You kinda have trouble against Heracross. Grasswhistle is cool and all, but you may want to consider Aerial Ace on Leafeon.
Skarmory won't work, and since slowbro has a weakness to heracross Swampert would be a good option.

keep slowbro as its one of the few SD infernarape counters im liking the set:

Slowbro

HP Electric
Slack off
Thunder wave
Surf

HP Electric gives you a fairly good gyrados counter who can't just taunt your waves,Surf for infernarape and thunderwave will shut down mence who ice beam was meant for, your gengar can handle garchomp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)