Community Create-A-Team! SUMO OU Edition, [ROUND 4: SUBMISSIONS, ENDS 3/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzq

Banned deucer.
approved by Celticpride
co-run with Amoonguss

[please make me a banner]

with the recent release of Sun and Moon, and my infraction FINALLY WEARING OFF, the time is right to explore the developing metagame in the best way possible: teambuilding! and, of course, who better to teambuild with than the entire OU community!

a round consists of

• submissions: submit a set of any pokemon you would like the thread to add to the team
    • voting: of the submitted sets, cast your vote for what you would like to see on the team!
    • there will be 6 rounds for every team, 1 for every Pokemon
    • submissions will last 72 hours
    • voting will last 24 hours
    • please refrain from submitting unviable sets, Amoonguss and I reserve the right to exclude such sets from voting
    • please only vote for 1 set
    • when posting submissions please give explanation as to what the Pokemon accomplishes in general and in regards to the team
    • when voting please provide explanation as to what swayed your decision
    • when posting submissions try to make sure your set has not been posted already

the current team:

Keldeo @ Normalium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

archive
there is nothing here yet

happy posting

Last edited:

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Celesteela @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 184 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Earthquake

I really like this set, as it provides a way for celesteela to be a 1 time check to things like tapu koko, xurkitree, and even be able to do around 40% to Megagross. Here are some calcs to support this set.

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Wacan Berry Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 179-212 (44.9 - 53.2%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO
92 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 112-134 (37.2 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Wacan Berry Celesteela: 351-414 (88.1 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
92 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xurkitree: 210-248 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

that banner physically hurts me
speaking of physically hurting

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/ Jolly/ Naive/ Naughty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock/ Freeze Dry/ whatever the hell you want

Mamoswine is really good right now because its STABs hit everything hard. the universal check to everything aka lando t cant check it, and it can revenge kill with shard. eq 2hkos stuff like fini so they aren't really answers and the only real counter to it is physdef celesteela and skarm but they can be trapped by mag

Pretty cool thread.

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance

From the introduction Phero went from "plz ban smh" to "this isn't even good kek" to "...ok maybe ban." This set (and specs ig) are the reason it's being looked at as a top tier mon again. The goal is to Quiver Dance on either a passive pokemon that cannot do much back or a predicted switch and proceed to sweep. Obligatory STABs, Ice Beam for Lando / scarf chomp which you outspeed at +1
Fightinium Z for when you don't want to risk Focus Blast. (ex vs Metagross or Koko) you can also use it vs would be counters like Fini that don't take it too comfortably.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes/substitute
- Foul Play
- Swagger

swag play klef is now a thing with the unbanning of swagger due to nerfs.
while not as good in xy, klefki can still use the swagplay combo to take out some special attcking mons, namely mega zam, lele, and protean gren post attacking/type changing

klefki set up spikes reliably vs some mons in ou currently and will do so easier with the dodges from twave+swagger same with substitute

klefki can be used as a support role in the likes of the new popular gren set of spikes, and swagplay is always a fun rng mechanic to use
lorb gren top moves
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 156-185 (49 - 58.1%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 174-205 (54.7 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 57-68 (17.9 - 21.3%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 64-75 (20.1 - 23.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

mega zam top attacks
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 129-152 (40.5 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 86-102 (27 - 32%) -- 48.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 72-86 (22.6 - 27%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

scarf lele
252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 103-122 (32.3 - 38.3%) -- 3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 87-103 (27.3 - 32.3%) -- 70.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

foul play after 1 swagger
+2 0- Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 162-191 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0- Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 200-236 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0- Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 135-159 (48 - 56.5%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
celesteela.gif

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest / Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain / Earthquake

Celesteela has been a top-tier threat from the beginning of the Sun and Moon meta, and while it's defensive set is more popular, it can also be one of the most dangerous sweepers the tier has to offer, with it's wide array of coverage coupled with the ability Beast Boost, which allows it to become a very scary snowball once it gets a kill. Flyinium Z gives Celesteela a very powerful Flying STAB that can be used to more easily get a kill.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ground

Volcarona has recently seen a lot of play in the OU tier, considering it went from BL -> OU a few weeks ago. Volcarona can afford to set up on many passive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Amoonguss. Once Volcarona gets at least 1-2 Quiver Dances up, it is pretty hard to stop unless you have some fast attackers. Firium-Z helps make Fire Blast 100% accurate when you can't risk missing. Its weaknesses are also fairly easy to patch up with Terrains and hazard removal as well.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

people are sleeping on my man gengar. choice specs hits so hard with the tiers lack of actual ghost switchins (things that don't get blown back by focus blast). good check to a lot of pokemon which are dominating the meta such as fini, bulu, lele locked into moon/focus, pheramosa, etc. a lot of pivots such as rotom-w, landorus, and bulky grasses get demolished by specs. gengar is just a huge problem when given a free switchin because it basically 2hkos anything that isn't chansey. this post may sound careless, but there are just so many things that can't safely switch in.

Keldeo @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

Not sure if this was in W4 of SPL or not, but Hyper Meme Beam Keldeo is an easy lure to things like Fini, M-Venu, and Amoonguss, similar to how Hyper Beam M-Pidgeot was a lure to Rotom-W and anything that resisted Flying/Fire coverage in ORAS. Unlike M-Pidgeot, however, you get a free shot without having to worry about recharge, plus a nice boosting move in Calm Mind. +2 is enough to OHKO any of these three things, paving the way for a sweeper that can't normally get through them, such as most Dragons in the case of Tapu Fini, and fairies like Bulu/Koko/Azumarill in the case of Venusaur and Amoonguss.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

I was tempted to post a flames ass Nihilego set (LO HP Fire is cash don't let anyone tell you otherwise) but I don't think anyone other than me would enjoy losing every game with Nihilego.

Here's something else, though. Bulky Zard X. This variant is actually different from what's on the official analysis currently. For one, I run a lot fewer Speed EVs and invest them into HP and Defense. This spread lets me still outspeed Jolly Gyarados but lets me check dangerous threats like Mega Metagross much more comfortably; Zen Headbutt fails to 2HKO, to give you an idea of this set's decent longevity. Tapu Bulu and Tapu Koko are also dealt with quite well unless the former has Banded Stone Edge. Will-O-Wisp is obviously one of the main selling points of this set, and you can easily lure in the likes of Landorus-T and cripple them for the rest of the game. Dragon Claw is a great STAB that still hits quite hard even uninvested. The other major difference between this set and the official one is Fire Punch over Earthquake. I get that Earthquake is good for Heatran, but I'd rather let Charizard X be excellent at checking what it's supposed to (annoying Steels, Tapu Bulu, etc.) instead of trying to hit specific mons that I can leave to teammates.
Try this set out. You might just like it.

Reactions: 3d

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

S/Os to Vertex for the set. People generally default to SubCoil responses when dealing with Zygarde in battle, and something that people don't always really consider with Zygarde is just how easily it can set up multiple boosts compared to more common Dragon Dance users like Salamence simply due to its better bulk allowing it to set up on non-passive things significantly more easily. Groundium Z takes full advantage of this by not wearing Zygarde down every time it attacks while still helping it patch up its issue of being somewhat weak by comparison to other DDers in a similar fashion to how Life Orb does. The other thing is that Zygarde beats a lot of the scarfers that are commonly used to counteract the big three -- such as Garchomp, Terrakion, and non-HP Ice Nihilego (granted this still loses if Zygarde is at more than 90%) -- and as a result it can be considered anti-meta in some regards.

Some of the things that will need to be considered when building with this set:
  • Stallbreakers - a big thing you lose by not running SubCoil is the extremely good stall matchup that comes with it, so being able to patch this up is an absolute must.
  • Wallbreakers - just like any Dragon Dance user, wallbreakers that can put things into range for it are a necessity.
  • Hazards - these help it sweep. Pretty self explanatory, do I really need to elaborate on this
  • Pokemon which bait things Zygarde can set up on - getting to +2 is significantly easier when you get the first boost for free, and similarly even attaining one boost is significantly easier when you force the response off of the field.
  • Tapu Lele responses - tying with this thing is pants, so having a consistent answer to it is of utmost importance.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Muk-Alola is a nice wall special and nice trapper, he can beat to greninja protean, lele and mkazam, a great teammate to muk alola is a wall physical ground inmunity (likes lando t) bcause he have a only 1 weakness (ground) or only physical wall :p, also u can push a fire type for m scizor or steel types
Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 133-156 (32.1 - 37.6%) -- 90.2% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 112-133 (27 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Muk-Alola isnt very viable in this metagame but is a nice special wall (with av ofc) and nice trapper, Knock Off with STAB hits hard ground/steel types, also, Poison Jab hits hard bcause STAB, Shadow Sneak for priority and Pursuit for trapping psychic types likes lele or mkazam
His ability works nice on muk alola, Poison Touch has a 30% to poison attacking, with Poison Jab has a 60%
My language is not english srry :[

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake

kinda thought about this when reading the guy in metagame discussion thread preach about how dragon dance was broken kek.

really liked this mon ever since i saw it used in week one of spl blunder vs Adam. while it didnt sweep it still got me excited about it.

A lot of mons have gained in viability due to the introduction of zmoves and salamence is no exception. outrage, eq and the massive fuck off SSSS, of 175bp, is really good coverage vs the meta rn with eq hitting thinks like metagross and heatran, outrage being nice stab vs whatever isnt a resist and SSSS to nuke stuff like tapu fini and bulu, aswell as other grass types and fairies.

That banner is extremely pitiful
Also, M-metagross:
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Rock Polish
I'm sure you all know what this does, but I'll reiterate, i guess. One of my favorite pokemon
This set is a terrifying physical sweeper. with just one rock polish, it's able to sweep whole teams. MM+Zen Headbutt+ice punch is really, really awesome coverage, and if it manages to grab a boost from MM, watch out! It's possibly the best mega right now, and it seems like a good place to start a team to me.

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

One of the most underrated UBs, it is very rare to see it in high ladder, it is a good and a viable pokemon nonetheless but it just needs some support, would be fun to be more creative and create a viable team using Kartana.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

I figure if you're gonna build a team like this, you may as well use something out of the ordinary. Mimikyu is a nice midground between being a different/new set while still not being objectively bad or outclassed and using a new gen 7 Pokemon.

Ema Skye

Work!
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium-Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fly

Best mon in OU and I believe this is its best set. There are so many teammates for this guy and we could make a really interesting team due to how independent Lando-T is.

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
The submissions phase is now over!

These are this rounds submissions, please vote one mon and if you submitted a mon please don't vote for your own set!

RU Dark Dreamer Luna's Wacan Berry Celesteela
Celesteela @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 184 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Earthquake

matthewc20090's Mamoswine
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant/ Jolly/ Naive/ Naughty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Night Train Lane's Quiver Dance Pheromosa
Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance

I.L.G.S.' SwagPlay Klefki
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes/substitute
- Foul Play
- Swagger

Cheryl.'s Autotomize Celesteela
Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest / Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain / Earthquake

HotFuzzBall's Volcarona
Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ground

ethanlol's Choice Specs Gengar
Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

OverlordDerp's Normalium Z Keldeo
Keldeo @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

Scarf Nihilego's Charizard-X
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Martin's Zygarde
Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Frostiny's Alolan Muk
Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Golden Electivire's Salamence
Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake

ksr15's Mega Metagross
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Rock Polish

netgamer's Kartana
Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

Eraxxer's Mimikyu
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Ema Skye's Landorus-Therian
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium-Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fly

Thank you guys for all the contributions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)