Rotom-Wash @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP /6 Sp. Atk / 252 Sp. Def
Calm Nature (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
- Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

I think a set like this would work pretty good, i think maybe it's what the Modest one is meant to be.

<p>Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry<br />
Ability: Levitate<br />
EVs: 252 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 8 SpA<br />
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)<br />
- Volt Switch<br />
- Hydro Pump<br />
- Will-O-Wisp<br />
- Rest<br />
252 HP puts Rotom-W at 304 HP, which is divisible by 8, making it a Stealth Rock number and also not an optimal spread. If he wants to run 252 HP EVs, he needs to be running Leftovers. Otherwise, it should be changed to the above.

<p>Rotom-W is very good in the metagame right now, as it checks extremely dangerous threats such as Talonflame, Blaziken, Togekiss, and Azumarill. Rotom-W is also great in gaining momentum via Volt Switch, as Ground-types generally can't switch in on Rotom-W in fear of its Water-type STAB attacks. Hydro Pump hits moderately hard and has nice general coverage with Volt Switch. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Excadrill, Azumarill, and Garchomp, as well as Breloom and Ferrothorn on the switch. Rest gives Rotom-W a second life as it's easily worn down by Stealth Rock. Chesto Berry heals off Rest.</p>
I don't believe Rotom-W checked Blaziken all that well, given that he couldn't switch in on the Hi-Jump Kick or the Swords Dance:
+0 252 ATK (Jolly) Blaziken w/Life Orb Hi-Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252 DEF Rotom-W: (59 - 69.9%)
+2 252 ATK (Jolly) Blaziekn w/Life Orb Hi-Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252 DEF Rotom-W: (118.4 - 139.2%)

And Mega Blaziken could do it despite the lack of Life Orb, too.

Semantics aside, Blaziken has been banned, I believe, so mentions of him should be removed from the analysis, right?

<p>Scizor is the best teammate for Rotom-W, as it forms an incredible VoltTurn core. Rotom-W beats physical walls that switch into Scizor, such as Gliscor, Skarmory, and Gyarados, while Scizor beats Ferrothorn and Blissey that switch into Rotom-W.
How does Scizor beat Ferrothorn, exactly?

+0 252 ATK (Adamant) Scizor Brick Break w/Choice Band vs. 252 HP / 208 DEF (Relaxed) Ferrothorn: (47.1 - 55.6%) - 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

"Beating" Ferrothorn implies that Scizor can switch in with near impunity. If Ferrothorn uses Leech Seed on the switch, or uses Protect to scout for moves, Scizor accomplishes absolutely nothing, and is forced out. Rather, it would be more accurate to say that "Scizor helps deal with Ferrothorn."

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Yeah, remove mention of Blaziken. Instead replace it with a Ground-type like perhaps Garchomp or Mamoswine.

Last edited:
How exactly does it being divisible by 8 make it suboptimal besides stealth rocks
I don't understand - what other reason do you need?

Rotom-W is an offensive pivot that is going to be switching in quite a bit - by have an HP that is divisible by Stealth Rock, you take more damage switching in from hazards than you would if it weren't since calculations in Pokemon (if I recall correctly) round down.

That makes 248 an optimal number for the Chesto Rest set since it isn't divisible by 8 and it's not running Leftovers.

McGrr's post on the last page explained it better than I can, I think.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)