Construction Process Guide Writer(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will assist you in writing whatever you need, DJD. While I do need to spellcheck my posts more often, whenever I write up a guide it is done in Word for easy transfer, and it catches most of the mistakes.

Since this is a process guide it will take some time, but I would love to help mesh out polling guidlines and the like.

@latinoheat (I'm a slow typer, damn)

I don't think so. There are a finite number of things to be determined on each new pokémon, and each one will probably benefit more from one of the polling methods. Changing the polling method as the mini-mod sees fit will only cause problems in the long run.

What I think will be more complicated to determine is the selection of individuals for certain tasks, i.e.: determining who's mini-mod (or more specifically, who's eligible to be mini-mod), who can submit base stats, and which art enters the polling process. Those tasks require some sort of subjectivity from someone, and that leads to problems.

Anyway, I reiterate my availability for the task.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Construction Process Guide

Mini-Mod
Selection
How do mini-mods get selected?
The new mini-mod shall be voted on from canidates endorced by former mini-mods.In addition, mini-mods can only serve twice NON CONSECUTIVE.
What are the qualifications?
The qualifications should be that whe have been with the project for at least two pokemon and had to be there from the beginning of the pokemon. I.E. JoeSchmo worked on syclant, he is now eligible. However if you start in the middle or end of a pokemon, you have to wait for two more to be done.​
Role
What are their responsibilties?
Mini-mods must start every poll. In the event that a mini-mod is unable to start one, a second will be chosen for the mini-mod's absence. This second will be chosen by the mini-mod before the start of a new project, and must be a former mini-mod.
What "powers" do they have?
The mini-mod can vote on every poll EXCEPT if their art is in the art poll. It is their duty to keep every discussion on-track, and if they need to they can discount someone's vote if they get too roudy. This will be enforced by dougjustdoug after a discussion with him.​

Polling
Order
What steps do we vote on?
What is the general sequence of polls?
the general sequence is as follows: 1. Is it an evolution or new pokemon? (If it is an evolution, then of what pokemon?) 2.What will be the types? (Start Art Thread.) 3. What will be the role? 4.What will be the ability? 5.What will be the bst? 6. What will be the stat spread? (Start movepool thread.)7.What will be the art? (Start Spriting Thread)8.What will be the movepool? (Bold text vote.)9. What will the name be? 10.What will the pokedex entry be? 11.What will the sprite be? 12. Will there be pre-evos? (If so, decide on the information in a separate set of polls.)13.Who will the next mini-mod be?​

What are the details of "complex" polls?
For example:
What types are included in the typing poll?
Are "previously used" types excluded? Why?

The top three types from the previous two pokemon are excluded. Also, all type combinations previously used by us cannot be used. This is to prevent something like Ghost/Steel, which isn't very imaginative.
How are art and sprite submissions gathered?
They are gathered in a separate thread.
How do you determine which art is included in the first art poll?
This will be at the mini-mod's discression, but it has to be within reason. The first poll will have ten choices with two votes per person, and any submission with over 25% of the vote moves on. The next poll will have one vote for a maximium of four choices.
Why do certain people get to submit base stats?
This is to keep JoeSchmo from admitting rediculous spreads. This will be at the mini-mod's discression, based on trust and calculations.
How are movelists determined?
There will be a big pool of movesets and one combined one, and people will vote on the "issues" such as W-o-W on Revenankh. This will be like Hyra did it.​

Voting Methods
Which polls should be single choice?
Which should be multi-choice?
In multi-choice polls, what is the threshold for a "winning" choice?
25% of the vote to move on.
What is bold text voting? How are they counted? Can bold votes be changed?
Only poll 6 and 8 should be bold text voting because people must back up their votes. They will be counted individually by the mini-mod. Bold votes cannot be changed to prevent counter-voting.
Can the mini-mod choose any voting method on any poll?
No, the mini-mod should stick to the methods given.​

Playtesting
How is playtesting organized?
Playtesting is organized by a tourniment of 16 trusted users. Eight people can use the new pokemon, eight cannot. (I saw this with the rainbow and eon tournys.)These people will be chosen by the mini-mod. HOWEVER, while this is going on, other users will be able to use the new pokemon. The point of this is to get the experienced people to figure out innovative ways to use and defend against the pokemon to determine if it needs to be revised.
How long do we playtest a pokemon?
The pokemon should be playtested for one month.​

Revision
What conditions would cause a revision to a pokemon?
The conditions for a pokemon to be revised should be directly from the result of a tourniment.
How are revisions proposed and voted on?
The players in the tourniment can propose revisions, but they cannot vote on them. Only non-players can vote on the revisions.​

This is only a VERY rough draft. Ok people, start revising.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The mini-mod can vote on every poll EXCEPT if their art is in the art poll. It is their duty to keep every discussion on-track, and if they need to they can discount someone's vote if they get too roudy. This will be enforced by dougjustdoug after a discussion with him.
And generally set the time each poll ends. Unless that's going to be part of a guidline as well. If it is, I'd say 2-3 days would be good to allow people time to vote, but also keep it moving quickly.

2.What will be the types?
I don't believe a combination of two out of seventeen types can be easily reached in a single pole. Probably split it up (as has been done before) into what the first type should be, and then what the second - if there is one - should be.

What types are included in the typing poll?Are "previously used" types excluded? Why?

The top three types from the previous two pokemon are excluded. Also, all type combinations previously used by us cannot be used. This is to prevent something like Ghost/Steel, which isn't very imaginative.
This doesn't really seem like the way to go. If one type makes second or third place for two Pokemon running, it should be considered, "People want that."

This will be at the mini-mod's discression, but it has to be within reason. The first poll will have ten choices with two votes per person, and any submission with over 25% of the vote moves on. The next poll will have one vote for a maximium of four choices.
Shouldn't the first line be included in the mini-mod's powers/responsibilities?

What happens if there are eleven great entries, anyhow? Does the mini-mod have the power to throw one out for whatever reason? Or will it have to go to the posts to determine which move on out of eleven?

The conditions for a pokemon to be revised should be directly from the result of a tourniment.
And how would that happen? It's not exactly representative to look at how the winner of the tournament had that Pokemon in their team and judge based only on that. On the other hand, if the people allowed to use the Pokemon consistently won against those who didn't, then we may have to start considering.

Polling
Order
2.What will be the types? (Start Art Thread.)
this i really don't agree on because people then start making sprites that don't even fit the base stats that end up beign selected.
It happened with the mummy and there was multiple complaints about just about every single art not really looking like the base stats that were decided.

Art should come after base stats, typing and maybe even movepool and trait.

Order should be:

1. Is it an evolution or new pokemon? (If it is an evolution, then of what pokemon? and possible what method)
2.First type
3. Second type
4.BST
5. What is its role but this really needs working out bulky,offensive,wall is way to specific because more then just stat placement define a role
6.Stats
7.What will be the art?
8.What will be the movepool? (Bold text vote.)
9. What will the name be?
10.What will the pokedex entry be?
11.What will the sprite be?
12. Will there be pre-evos? (If so, decide on the information in a separate set of polls.)
13.Who will the next mini-mod be?

NP: Afrika Bambaataa - Looking for the Perfect Beat [Planet Rock]

How do mini-mods get selected?
The new mini-mod shall be voted on from canidates endorced by former mini-mods.In addition, mini-mods can only serve twice NON CONSECUTIVE.​
Like DougJustDoug said, this is not a position of much prestige. It will be very time consuming and rigorous. The selection of the Mini-Moderator should be a community decision. If the mini-moderator wants to continue their position, and has done a good job then they should not be denied the burden of doing a vast majority of the public work :P

What are the qualifications?
The qualifications should be that whe have been with the project for at least two pokemon and had to be there from the beginning of the pokemon. I.E. JoeSchmo worked on syclant, he is now eligible. However if you start in the middle or end of a pokemon, you have to wait for two more to be done.
Again, I believe this is silly. Smogon caters to a more mature audience, and I am sure that the members who really deserve this position are prepared enough to head the project regardless of participation. Cooper and Xyra have etched a path for future moderators to follow so the position should not be hard.

What are their responsibilties?
Mini-mods must start every poll. In the event that a mini-mod is unable to start one, a second will be chosen for the mini-mod's absence. This second will be chosen by the mini-mod before the start of a new project, and must be a former mini-mod.​
The threads, in my opinion, should not only be started by the Mini-Moderator. The drafting and outlining should since they will be in charge of accessing the masses. The "subordinates," rather the people involved in the process should have the option of creating threads as well due to time constraints and what nots.

The mini-mod can vote on every poll EXCEPT if their art is in the art poll. It is their duty to keep every discussion on-track, and if they need to they can discount someone's vote if they get too roudy. This will be enforced by dougjustdoug after a discussion with him.
Unlike you, I believe the role of the mini-moderator is a much different role. The mini-moderator should be in charge of what direction the program will go in. This means deciding what step to start with, which entries to keep for the final polls, and keeping other project participants in line.

the general sequence is as follows: 1. Is it an evolution or new pokemon? (If it is an evolution, then of what pokemon?) 2.What will be the types? (Start Art Thread.) 3. What will be the role? 4.What will be the ability? 5.What will be the bst? 6. What will be the stat spread? (Start movepool thread.)7.What will be the art? (Start Spriting Thread)8.What will be the movepool? (Bold text vote.)9. What will the name be? 10.What will the pokedex entry be? 11.What will the sprite be? 12. Will there be pre-evos? (If so, decide on the information in a separate set of polls.)13.Who will the next mini-mod be?​
I believe all projects will be based off new Pokemons, or at least they should be.

• Typing Selection
  • Mono or Bi?
      • Type 1
      • Type 2
  • Evolution Stages
  • Pre-Evolution? IE. Mime Jr.
  • Stages 1,2,3, 1 < 2&3, 2<3&4 (Branches off like Gloom and Kirlia)
  • Base Stat TotalsEgg Group IE. Mineral, Dragon, Bug, Water 3, etc.
  • Move Selection (Egg group first to determine Egg Moves)
  • Art
    • Drawings
    • Sprites
  • Pokedex Entry
The decision of the Mini-Moderator should be made at the end of the project.

What are the details of "complex" polls?
What types are included in the typing poll?
Are "previously used" types excluded? Why?

I believe there should not be a restriction on the typing made regardless of previous typing.

How are art and sprite submissions gathered?
They are gathered in a separate thread.
Agreed. Drawings first then spriting.

The art should be determined by the community via a poll. There should be an opening thread with submissions. Entries which do not meet a certain criteria should be disallowed. This of course would probably mean users with a tablet, scanner, or vector art programs will have a greater chance of getting in due to the nature of the results of the products.

Why do certain people get to submit base stats?
This is to keep JoeSchmo from admitting rediculous spreads. This will be at the mini-mod's discression, based on trust and calculations.
I believe this should be open to more people BUT with a strict restriction. The mini-moderator or a different program head should allowed people to submit it. There should be a criteria rubric set up for this and should only be permitted via PM before being allowed in the actual thread.

How are movelists determined?
There will be a big pool of movesets and one combined one, and people will vote on the "issues" such as W-o-W on Revenankh. This will be like Hyra did it.
I believe the move list should be determined after the typing, evolution stages, and egg group. I know there is no chance of the Pokemon making it in-game but we are going for a highly organized realistic project right? This would also allow for a "modified" server to be played on. IE with the introduction of XYZ Crobat can now learn Nasty Plot and Hypnosis :P

I believe all final polls should. There should be a total of 3 polls for every step of the program.

25% of the vote to move on.
The preliminary polls should be multi-choice.

Only poll 6 and 8 should be bold text voting because people must back up their votes. They will be counted individually by the mini-mod. Bold votes cannot be changed to prevent counter-voting.
I believe Bold Text Voting could work if 3-5 people tally up all the votes individually to eliminate any discrepancy in the numbers. BTV should be used for Move Pool finalization, Egg Groups, and Type nominations.

No, the mini-mod should stick to the methods given.
The mini-moderator should decide which method is best. Obviously I said that other people involved in the project should have the option of starting threads but they would have to follow the mini-moderators guidelines.

How is playtesting organized?
Playtesting is organized by a tourniment of 16 trusted users. Eight people can use the new pokemon, eight cannot. (I saw this with the rainbow and eon tournys.)These people will be chosen by the mini-mod. HOWEVER, while this is going on, other users will be able to use the new pokemon. The point of this is to get the experienced people to figure out innovative ways to use and defend against the pokemon to determine if it needs to be revised.​
With the vast majority of experienced players on Smogon I don't think it would be hard to run an open server much like the one DGD has. I believe everyone participating should submit Logs as often as possible.

A thing I noticed with the Sylcant testing was that some people were not running teams using it. This was off putting to some users but I believe it attributes to a better understanding of the Pokemon. Organizing matches so that it is custom Pokemon Vs. regular Pokemon is a great idea.

The Pokemon should be primarily testing in OU and Uber environments IMO.

How long do we playtest a pokemon?
The pokemon should be playtested for one month.
A month sounds good but giving how thorough the process is this would be a bit much. Considering outsiders to the project might get involved in the battling there might be a bit of a bias in the data.

The conditions for a pokemon to be revised should be directly from the result of a tourniment.​
Thorough input by a member participating in the project. This can be anyone involved in the creation process or battling. I find that experienced battlers give great input when it comes to certain Pokemon. IE. Mamoswine rampaging through many teams.

The players in the tourniment can propose revisions, but they cannot vote on them. Only non-players can vote on the revisions.​
This doesn't make sense.

People who have a "guaranteed certification" of having participating and proving themselves knowledgeable should be allowed to vote on this.

:pirate:

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Art should come after base stats, typing and maybe even movepool and trait.
Art can definitely come after base stat and typing, but it should come before movepool and trait. Unless we want to see a repeat of the "Togekiss learns Focus Punch, wtf?" issue. A big thing in Revenankh (and Syclant with Fire Fang, if I recall) was its movepool in comparison to it being a mummy. Such as Power Whip and Fire Punch. Some of them may not have been the most well-argued, but the issue will likely show itself again.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i am not going to re-edit my post, and ill tell you why. its not because i think its perfect, far from it. i meant it to be a rough sketch, for others to fill in. i would like someone to re-type it in that format after everything has been discussed. i dont want credit for this. however, if everyone thinks i should, i will.

Mini-Mod
Selection
How do mini-mods get selected? - don't really care.
What are the qualifications? - a decent amount of participation and community approval
Role
What are their responsibilties? - In charge of polling, deciding how to conduct polls, keeping the project on task
What "powers" do they have? - Executive power: They can't overturn a decision, but they can break a 50/50 tie. They are also the first hurdle for art and stat spreads, the ten options for those are decided by them.
Polling
Order
What steps do we vote on? - ALL.
What is the general sequence of polls? - Typing/Goal/Evo or not. Then stats, followed by art, followed by ability, followed by movepool. Flavor and sprites comes after movepool.
Step Descriptions
What are the details of "complex" polls? - Pass for now...
For example:
What types are included in the typing poll? Ten only, 2 polls for it confuses people.
Are "previously used" types excluded? Why? - to promote diversity. Currently, that would exclude Bug, Ice, Ghost, and Fighting. That leaves 3 types to exclude. I did this through saying my thoughts and asking for opinions, but we need a more objective way to do this.
How are art and sprite submissions gathered? - We need a better way than the art threads, but I think that's the best we are going to get. If we do stick with the threads though, a spriting thread should be starting after we choose the art, so we have more submissions.
How do you determine which art is included in the first art poll? - Mini-mod executive decision.
Why do certain people get to submit base stats? - Because we need to have less than 10 options. Cooper and I both chose reasonable active members who demonstrated a reasonable amount of knowledge on balance. This needs to be improved.
What are the qualifications? - See above.
How are movelists determined? - Wee need a much better process. Me and Cooper just said this is what we envision, do you disagree? A better process needs to be found.
Voting Methods
Which polls should be single choice? - Ones with less options. And lesser important ones.
Important ones with many options.
- Majority. For moving on to another stage of a poll, 100/ # of options works for single choice polls, multichoice, I don't know.
Can the mini-mod choose any voting method on any poll? - They are changeable, only bold votes are counted (by hand). And I'm not sure how we should choose when to do these. I was experimenting.
Playtesting
How is playtesting organized? - Not my area.
How long do we playtest a pokemon? - At least a month. Hopefully forever (aka turns out to fit in OU without being uber).
Revision
What conditions would cause a revision to a pokemon? - Uber status because of a certain move or moves. Stats, ability, and typing cannot be revoked. Maybe we could also revise to remedy something being UU, but I doubt it.
No clue. Good luck with this one though.

My thoughts. Just want them out there. I will not be writing this though. I am worn-out after directing Revenankh, it is much more tiring than it looks.

Just spitballing this, but this is what I feel about the order of the polls:

I am under the impression that while there doesn't need to be a given order, some things must come before others. This is the way I feel it should go.

• Typing, role, and whether we want this pokemon to be new or an evo of something old should always go first (in any order). I think this is because they are the least specific aspects of the pokemon, and it's much easier to start with something general and make a complete, detailed picture as opposed to starting with a specific, detailed aspect. I also think we need to decide just how good we want the pokemon to be here, as it helps us stay focused throughout the entire project.
  • After that, I feel artwork and abilities should be started. One or the other, as they both influence each other, but not enough to warrant one always going before the other. Spriting obviously goes sometime after artwork, and I think it should go pretty late in the creation of the pokemon, like sometime after movepool.
  • Stats should also be done around the same time as abilities, because they are general enough so they won't centralize what the pokemon is about at this point. Name can be done now that we have a general picture of what the pokmon will look like.
  • Movesets are a very specifc part of the pokemon. I personally feel it should go pretty late, like sometime after stats and artwork. And spriting will probably come sometime after movepool as it justs flows naturally that way.
  • The more specific aspects should come later/last. Dex Entries are pretty specific and I bet they will always go near the end. Little miscellanious(sp?) details should be started now as well, like height and weight.
And obviously a mini-mod should be chosen before everything else. Analyses of the pokemon should come after all it's competitive apects (movepool, stats, ability, and typing) are finished (and preferably after it has been named).

That's all I've got. I just felt the need to throw this out there.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My input on:

Polling

Order

Votes are taken on every competitive and implementation-necessary aspect of the pokemon. This includes basic things like type and stats, as well as art design and spriting.

There is no “required” sequence of polls, however, there are 3 basic phases of polls:

Phase 1: Concept
These polls cover the basics. Type, basic function (physical/special, tank/wall/sweeper), and how we’re going to orient its stats for later. There’s no reason why you couldn’t start with a super-specific function such as Phazer or Rapid Spinner and then move to type, but otherwise type is probably your first priority.

Phase 2: Stats and Art
These polls covers the stats. These should be done only after you have a type and concept in mind. There may be multiple polls in order to decide on a stat spread. Once you have a type and a basic concept, you’ll also want to have an art thread. By doing this, you will likely have an idea of what your pokemon looks like before you get to the movepool phaze,

Phase 3: Movepool
Movepool is one of the most contentious phases. Participants will debate on which moves the pokemon will have, especially focusing on which support or offensive moves make it too powerful given the stats, and which moves fit the art style. A giant bladed fish for instance is not likely to be launching Fire Blast, no matter how much it might help it against Grass types. X-Scissor would probably work though.

Voting Methods

Polls where all choices are mutually exclusive should all be single choice. Such polls include whether a pokemon is single or dual type, and what each of those types are. Barring a large number of options, all polls on Base stats should be single choice. A good rule of thumb is that if there are 6 options or less it should be single choice.

Multi-choice exists primarily when there are many options, although it’s not “multi” so much as “pick two.”

Any choice which fails to get 20% of a poll is cut, unless results are such that there is one clear winner, and the other polls are have around the same support. Then a poll is taken among the remaining options, if necessary.

What is bold text voting?

Bold text voting is used when multiple aspects of a pokemon need to be decided among 2 or 3 choices each. Bold voting is most prominent in the movepool phase, where multiple moves get a yes or no vote, or picks among the elemental punches for instance.

How are they counted? Can bold votes be changed?

Bold voting is counted by the mini-mod alone. Once a bold vote is cast, it can only be changed once and for a specific reason on the part of the voter.

The mini-mod has complete control over the voting method, but generally speaking either standard polls or bold voting are the easiest to use.

Mini-Mod

Selection

The selection process isn't by any means difficult. Mini-Mods can be selected by the members/voters. Although keep in mind that the Mini-Mod can only contribute twice, but it can't be consecutive turns. The reason we don't Mini-Mod's serving twice in a row, is so we can give other Mini-Mods a shot and to also broaden the CAP stage with new ideas from the new Mini-Mod.

Qualifications to be a Mini-Mod are some what demanding. Interest and consistency with the CAP movement is very key. Bringing in someone totally new to the program might dismantle our grove. Even with that being said, if you are new, don't count yourself out. Some people are fast learners and can adapt to an environment which can aid to the qualifications, even with someone being new to the CAP movement.

Role

The role of the Mini-Mod is to start every poll. Now, lets not activate any tempers in this topic, because we all know, some Mini-Mods may not be available for the time being. Which is when former Mini-Mods create the topic.

Mini-Mod does come equipped with power of course, but with great power, comes great responsibility. Abusing is one thing that has 0 tolerance, and will not be endured lightly. These Mini-Mod Powers are to be used to keep to topic conducted and to keep it organized. Last thing we need is a zoo for a topic. With permission from DougJustDoug, votes can be excluded, but make sure you converse with DougJustDoug FIRST.

Polling

Order

1. Is it a brand new Pokemon, or is it an evolutionary version of a previous Pokemon. ( if it is an evolution, then which Pokemon is it evolving from )
2. Choosing the types for the desired Pokemon
3. What position will the Pokemon play in the battling field, what will be the role.
4. Pokemon ability
5. Base Stat determination / Base Stat distribution
6. Creations of the Pokemon desired appearance
7. Pokemon ability
8. Authorization of the move pool.
9. Selecting the name
10. Pokedex number entry
11. Sprite election

When choosing the type, there is a small limitation. The main typing from the previous created Pokemon, will be excluded from the next created Pokemon. The reason this operation is taking place is so we don't have a bundle of repetitive style Pokemon. For example, just imagine if Bug was allowed for the next CAP after Syclant was created, and we someone created another Bug Pokemon. Then after this Bug Pokemon, we created yet another ( I hope you are catching my drift on this ). So to halt all opportunities of this occurring, this rule was put in place.

Now the images and sprites go hand and hand. The sprites are basically based off the the images.

Playtesting

Play testing can occur in a lot of ways. One way is to go out into the server and just use the find tab and test the Pokemon for yourself. Another way is to hold an organized tourney of 16, with 8 trainers using the created Pokemon, and the other 8 not allowed to use it. Reason for this method of testing is to determine strategies with offensively utilizing the Pokemon, and defensively attempting to counter the Pokemon. If these performances fail to seem right for the metagame we are attempting to place this Pokemon in, we balanced the Pokemon so that it will fit the metagame, or place it in the correct metagame. Length of playing testing is 3 weeks to 4 weeks.

Revision

Revisions for Pokemon should be conducted every 3 days, after countless testing. I suggest that the person facing or battling the Pokemon, make non bias notes about the Pokemon in some sort of notepad or word document. I strongly stress bias opinions aren't welcomed. If you don't like the Pokemon don't exaggerate something minor such as it sweeping your team because you lacked a counter to it, and then baffle about how broken it is. Or vice versa, if you are in love with the new Pokemon, don't be bias and ignore certain broken factors about the Pokemon. Honest comments are the comments we seriously are looking forward to seeing and the ones we need to be seeing.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have asked Deck Knight to lead the workshop for developing the process guide. DK has been involved in the CAP project for a long time, is a respected member of the Smogon community, and I think he has a very good understanding of how the general process should be structured.

Originally, I was going to select a few additional writers to assist. But, since DK is the head writer, I think he should be able to select his own team. Since this will be a workshop effort, the entire CAP community will be able to participate and comment.

Deck Knight will be opening the workshop thread soon. That thread will serve as the home for the guide-writing effort until it is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)