XY OU CroCune's not Dead (Peaked 1800+)

Introduction
Hey guys, I wanted to show you this team I created around CroCune. He is really good atm, helping me to win a lot of my games. This team has gotten me to 1805, my first time being past 1800 (I had some problems with the screenshot, so if you don't believe me, just PM me). I've also done pretty well with this team in Tournaments. However, I feel like my team could still be better, and that's why I created this RMT.​

I wanted to build a Semi-Stall team around CroCune, just to try it out.

I added Sylveon as a Cleric to heal off Suicune's Sleep Status. Also because Sylveon is so good in the current meta imo.

I added Mew to beat Stall, because I didn't want to have to PP Stall with CroCune it I didn't have to.

I added Landorus-Therian as a Bird Spam Check and for some speed.

I added Heatran for Rocks and because it had some nice Synergy with my team so far.

Seeing as I didn't have a Mega, I decided to add Mega Venusaur to create the famous VenuTran + Water Core.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
CroCune is very hard to take down. If something does not 3HKO it, or is slower than it, it is not going to kill Suicune. Suicune can set up on a lot of the meta, and once it reaches +2, it's usually GG. Pretty much the only things that beat Suicune are Electric types, Grass types, Taunt users, and Tricked Scarves. Suicune can even beat CM Clef 1v1 as long as it doesn't crit, thanks to Pressure.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Sylveon has very good Synergy with Suicune. Sylveon is mainly walled by Steels which Suicune can usually take care of, and Suicune is mainly killed by strong special attackers, which Sylveon handles well. I cannot stress enough how bulky and unkillable Sylveon is. With the given EV spread it can take hits from both the physical, and the special side. I'm using Sylveon over Clefable because I feel it is a better Cleric than Clefable.​
252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Sylveon: 159-187 (40.3 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Sylveon: 213-252 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 208-246 (52.7 - 62.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Sylveon: 174-205 (44.1 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 153-183 (38.8 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
Mew is here just to break Stall, which my team is otherwise weak to. I often find Mew being deadweight when the opponent does not have Stall (which isn't very common atm anyway). I'm still on the fence about whether or not to use Mew. Also, if I keep Mew, should I run physically defensive or specially defensive Mew? I feel like I should replace Mew, but I don't know what I can replace Mew without making my team too weak to Stall.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Landorus-T is my main check to Birdspam, which is fairly common atm, although it has died down a bit. I'm just using the standard, Choice Scarf set, nothing special about it. I'm thinking about changing it to defensive Landorus-T with Toxic/Hidden Power Flying, to better deal with Birdspam and Mega-Heracross. Although, if I do change the set, my team will be really slow, and I won't have a revenge killer.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Heatran is here for Rocks, and also because it has very good Synergy with the rest of the team. The set is just regular, specially defensive Heatran. Protect is to Scout and rack up Toxic damage, and it is very useful against Choiced pokes. For example, if my opponent switches in Keldeo, I can nail it with toxic on the switch. I then Protect, seeing what move it will go far, and then I can either switch out to a poke to take whatever move it was going for, or I can double, predicting their switch.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
Mega-Venusaur works very well on the team, and can be pretty annoying for the opponent to deal with. I'm using Leech Seed over Giga Drain, because I find it uneeded most of the time. Hidden Power Fire is for Steel types such as Scizor and Ferrothorn. The only thing that can really switch in on Venusaur is Latias, Latios, and Heatran, which all get whittled down pretty fast if I have Rocks up.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Battle that got me to 1805: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-169802798
(I will add more replays as I get them.)

Bisharp:
Bisharp can be a real pain in the butt at times. I can't go into Landorus-T to deal with it because of Defiant. Heatran can only take so many Knock offs
Gengar:
For some reason, every team I make has a problem with Gengar. Suicune and Heatran do OK against Gengar, but if Gengar has Taunt or Focus Blast, I have a pretty hard time killing it.
Heracross-Mega:
I usually try to play around Mega Hera, using Sylveon and Landorus-Therian. Sylveon can deal with Mega Hera if Rocks aren't up, but since I don't have a defogger, they usually are. Like I said before, I could make Landorus-T defensive with Toxic or HP Flying, but my team will be really slow if I do.
Medicham-Mega:
Sylveon and Mew can usually handle Mega Cham well, but if they are low on HP, then it is very hard to deal with. I could make Mew defensive, which would make it much easier to deal with.
Gardevoir-Mega:
I have absolutely zero switch ins for Mega Gardevoir. I usually just try to either toxic it with Heatran or Revenge Kill it with Lando-T. If my opponent predicts my Heatran switch in and goes for Focus Blast, I usually lose.

Conclusion
Well, thats the end of it. I know there is a few problems with my team. For example, I don't have a Defogger to remove Rocks (Although my team is not really that weak to rocks, and I can just pressure the opponent into defogging). I suppose I could put defog on Mew, but I don't know if I can afford to replace any moves on Mew. Also, my team only has one Ground Immunity/Resist. I guess I could just replace Mew altogether for Lati@s, but then I would be really weak to Stall. Anyways, I would appreciate any help/advice you could give. Thanks for reading.​

this squad is pretty solid for the most part, but I have a few suggestions...

I know you think Sylveon is a better cleric than Clefable, but here's the thing: it isn't.

so.

replace Sylveon w/ Unaware Clef and you should be set there, the idgaf attitude of unaware is just too good to pass up, and Sylveon's extra special bulk just doesn't make up for it.

also defog support isn't 100% necessary but if you're feeling mew is kinda dead weight against offense (it's not really but i feel u) then replace it with this:

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

still has good bulk (specially, at least) and packs quite a bit more of a punch... and yeah stall isn't super common atm but it can still be a pain in the ass if not prepared for it, so with that being said you could always replace toxic with taunt on heatran... or you could just not give a single fuck since crocune p much 6-0's most stall teams anyway.

Edit: also 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe is a better EV spread for scarf lando (thank u based Tokyo Tom), the 252 / 252 spread doesn't hit anything else that this already doesn't and u get a slight boost in balk,,, not a big difference but hey every bit helps

Last edited:
Thanks for the rate Rosenfeldius.

I'll try using Unaware Clef over Sylveon for the Cleric. Now that I think about it there has been a few situations where Unaware would have been useful.

For the Latias, do you think I could replace roost for Healing Wish? If I did that, I wouldn't need a Cleric and I could use something else over Clefable.
Or I guess I could use CM Clef, but I don't know how well two Calm Minders would work on the same team. However, If I did change Mew to Latias then I'd have an even bigger problem with Hera, Cham, and Garde.

Thanks for the Lando EV spread. I'll change that right away.

you could go with healing wish I guess but since this is clearly a balance team, not HO, I wouldn't personally recommend it. Try it, though, and make yo own decisions, but if it were my team I would stick with roost

Team looks pretty solid and cool, suicune is a boss

If you switch Sylveon's EV spread to max HP max Def Calm, you lose 13 points in Def and gain 20 in SpD. I'm not saying you have to do that, because sometimes that physical Defense can be more valuable (like vs Mega Medicham or Heracross), just pointing it out if you want to make that trade off.

If you do run Defog on Mew I would recommend it over Knock Off. Knock Off does piss damage, you can still stall things out using Wisp without Knock Off, and Lando-T has Knock Off too if you need an item gone.

Lando-T doesn't actually need max speed...in fact, I think it's better to lose the speed tie to opposing Scarf Lando, because usually those encounters end up in both Landos U-turning, and if you get the second U-turn, you can respond to your opponent's switch in. 232 Speed EVs outspeeds Jolly Scarf Excadrill, if people still use that enough for you to care (...it's Suicune set up bait anyways, especially if it's locked into Iron Head to actually hit Lando) and 220 jumps Adamant Zard X.

8 More speed EVs on Mew outspeeds Adamant Excadrill outside of sand so you can burn it. Pretty minimal cost to beat a common threat imo.

Now that stuff above was assuming you keep Mew, and keep Lando-T a scarf set...

Warning: Radical Idea Below

Scarf Lando-T --> Defensive Lando-T with Stealth Rocks, HP flying / Toxic to help with mega heracross as you wanted
Heatran --> Defensive/Stall breaker Victini, to sort of combine Mew's and Heatran's roles: Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, V-Create, Coverage (generally Bolt Strike), I'll put my own set that I use below at the bottom
Mew --> Mandibuzz, a Defogger that helps with the Bisharp and Gengar weaknesses

Defensive Victini helps deal with Mega medicham and gardevoir, being a one-time switchin to each, possibly more under the right conditions or if it gets some wishes. It can also revenge kill Mega Heracross without a second thought, and Taunt + Will-o-wisp pulls off the same irritating crap that Mew did (at 93% accurate wisp :D omg yes please), but instead of slowly stalling wisp damage by spamming recovery, it just finishes stuff off with a strong attack.

Since Heatran isn't putting up rocks any more, I was thinking you might replace Scarf Lando-T with a Defensive one that that checks Heracross as well. Not having anything above ~276 Speed is the glaring flaw to my idea here though, but it's late for me here so maybe I'll think of a way to work around that tomorrow.

Victini introduces the team's first rocks weakness, which makes it a lot more important to be able to get them off the field in some way. Removing Heatran made already glaring Bisharp and Gengar weaknesses even worse, so Mandibuzz hopes to fix that and also defog. Unfortunately she adds a second Rock weakness, but Suicune, Lando-T, and Mega Venu can all do a decent job of dealing with many of the attackers that actually use rock moves (Terrakion, Tyranitar, Landorus-T, Aerodactyl, etc). If the rock weakness is a problem, you can try Skarmory instead, but Skarm kinda sucks vs special attackers like Gengar.

Here's the victini set I use. It outspeeds Mega Heracross, Adamant Excadrill, Jolly Bisharp (will-o-wisp to lure in sucker punch and then avoid it), Mega Tyranitar, etc. The Attack should OHKO all 3 of the Megas in your threat list, and the physical defense helps with Mega Medicham who has the best shot at breaking through because it's just that strong.

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 32 Def / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

If the lack of speed on your team is bothering you, you can try a Scarf Victini set. You lose a lot of stall breaking that way, but scarf Victini at least has the potential to lure out a defensive answer to it and then cripple it with Trick or Final Gambit. Mandibuzz learns Taunt if you want to use it but don't expect nearly as good of a stall breaker as Victini or Mew was.

Thanks Zebstrika

I'm going to keep Sylveon's EVs for now, just because I think that defense is more important.

I think I'm going to keep Scarf Lando just because I feel like I really need the extra speed on the team. But if I run Victini, I'm going to put Stealth Rocks on over Knock Off

For your "radical" idea, I was thinking I would try changing Mew to Mandibuzz and most likely leaving everything else. I could try replacing Heatran with Victini but I'm a little iffy on that. I feel like Heatran is too important to the team to replace, but I can see Victini working in its place. If I do replace Heatran with Victini, then I will have a pretty big rock weakness, although Suicune and Landorus can handle Rock/Ground types pretty well. Also, I wouldn't be able to have rocks unless I put them on Landorus-T, which I want to keep the Scarf set on.

I don't know, I guess I'll try out Victini, but I was thinking of a different set:

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- V-create
- Taunt
- Substitute

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...o-shitty-gimmicks.3503558/page-2#post-5537487
This is the set that Monte Cristo posted in the Creative and innovate sets thread. I chose to run Substitute over Bolt Strike just to ease predictions.

Thanks again for the rate, I really appreciate it!

Hi wheezer, that's a very cool team, I've runned a similar one weeks ago.

This team is really solid, and Heatran + Sylveon core looks pretty good, covering their weaknesses and providing a lot of support in the team, but i'm noticing some big weaknesses that cripples the entire team, for example Mega Pinsir or Bisharp.

The first come in easy if is supported by Memento Latios, then proceed to boost and sweep your team, its power is amazing and you don't have a solid response against him, and if you have Heatran, Sylveon, or Venusaur on the field, what can you do? Also, +0 Return does serious damage in your team, and Landorus-T takes over 70% without -1 drop, and over 50% with it.

Also you don't have Defog support, which is bad for a balanced team, entry hazard will slowly destroy the team when you switch, and you don't really need Mew.
So, I would suggest you to replace Mew for SDef Mandibuzz, is a solid response against TauntGar, which easy break this team, also it has Defog and Taunt, keeping its stallbreaker role.

Now, after a deep look, i'm noticing that you don't really need Suicune. Ok it was the "star" of your team, but with it we maintain an important weakness to Medicham, that shut down it and a big part of its mates, so you can replace it with CMSlowbro. It has a role similar to Suicune, but it has Slack Off and Regenerator that are much better than Cune's Rest + Sleep Talk. With Sylveon's Heal Bell helps you with status problem, so you don't lose Suicune's advantages, but with Slowbro you gain an important resistance to Medicham.

Now I would change SDef Heatran into the Scarf one, gaining a better check to Mega Pinsir, you can easily OHKO it with Fire Blast, and you can change that Landorus-T into the Impish set with Stealth Rock, in order to face better it.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's a solid lege but a bit too passive in some areas [i actually have one just like it lol]. I think you could possibly replace Sylveon [who does the least for the team] with CM Clefable for use as a win condition, and replacing Suicune with choice specs keldeo. Keldeo/Clefable form a really solid core with Keld getting a free switch and powerful attack/scald attempt at pretty much every clefable check bar mega venusaur. Keldeo also keeps offensive pressure to ensure that your opponent is the one doing the responding. Kind of helps vs fast 3 atks scizor now as well since he can prove to be a decent threat due to the fact that bullet punch forgoes the fact that mew outspeeds and can kill it. Honestly it is personal preference here, I think that your team will still be able to function offensively/defensively with a clefable over sylveon; clefable/suicune works decently as well i think. Gardevoir is almost always something you will have to play around unless you have jira/mega scizor/vict, although most of the teams that follow your archetype have their own garde as the fairy and then ferro>mega venu, to at least force the opponent to have to make consistently better plays to stay on the offensive with his garde.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power Flying

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Thanks Enki and VN. for the rates

Enki:
Ya, I have had some problems with Mega Pinsir and Bisharp in the past, but usually i just try to revenge kill Pinsir with Lando-T. I don't really have anything for Bisharp though. I had been testing replaceing Mew with Defog Taunt Mandibuzz, and it seemed to help a Lot with the Bisharp and Gengar problem my team had, and it was nice against more stally pokes too.

I like the idea of changing Suicune to CM Slowbro, especially after taking Mew out. I think that would help a lot with my medicham and pinsir weakness that my team has.

I always wanted to change Lando-T to a defensive set, but I could never figure out a way to do that without having my team too slow. I really like the idea of having Scarftran, and changing Lando-T to my Stealth Rocker. I think that it would help my team out a lot.

VN.:
I like your idea of replacing Suicune, but I think that I would rather replace it with Slowbro than with Keldeo, just a personal preference. I'd rather have my team be more defensive that it is offensive, because I am way more comfortable with a defensive team. I have a hard time running offensive teams because they are too fast paced for me, and I like a slower battle.

As for replacing Clefable with Sylveon, I think I'm going to stick with Sylveon for now, because my team is becoming a bit stall-like, and I like having a Cleric on my teams. Also, since I am using the CM Slowbro over Keldeo, I want something to be able to heal bell the status off of it.

Thanks for the rate guys, I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

aighto so i'm seeing lots of different suggestions on here, all with their own merits, but a lot of them change the team from pure balance to something more offensive/defensive, nd that's cool I guess but when I rate I try to stick with the original archetype. anyway i cooked up some variants based on my own/other people's suggestions and labelled them under what category they fall more under:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 220 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 220 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect/Substitute
- Taunt/Protect
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

those are my takes on what people seem to be suggesting and the playstyles they fit into, it comes down to you what you really want tho

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to put those teams together Rosenfeldius. I will try out those teams to see which one I'm best with. Right now all the teams are looking pretty good, but I think I'm going to try using the Semi-Stall team first. There's just something about Stall that really appeals to me. I guess I just like having an answer to everything, being able to switch into any pokemon and counter it. Anyways, I plan on trying out all the teams and seeing how they work out.

Thanks for taking the time to put those teams together Rosenfeldius. I will try out those teams to see which one I'm best with. Right now all the teams are looking pretty good, but I think I'm going to try using the Semi-Stall team first. There's just something about Stall that really appeals to me. I guess I just like having an answer to everything, being able to switch into any pokemon and counter it. Anyways, I plan on trying out all the teams and seeing how they work out.
cool cool. on the semistall team watch out for mgard though, i didn't have time to test and so I made it as solid as I could on paper nd it handles megacham nd hera really well but gard somehow slipped my mind... you can stall out with tran or kill it with venu on the switch but it is something to watch out for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)