D/P Perish Song Politoed

Yet another set from Light Incorporated ©! This is a Politoed that I developed to gain the maximum benefit from entry hazards. Since it is a partner to Pepper, I named it Slippy. Star Fox, of course.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/politoed

[SET]
Name: Slippy
Move 1: Perish Song
Move 2: Hypnosis
Move 3: Bounce
Move 4: Surf
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 240 HP / 122 Def / 140 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>The long forgotten little frog returns to launch an amphibious assault of status and pseudo-status. Politoed sports a decent assortment of stats, most notably, his Base 90 HP and Special Attack, and his Special Defense of 100. Coupled with the Water-type's natural resistances and Water Absorb, Politoed can switch into many Pokemon and threaten them instantly.</p>

<p>Perish Song is the main attraction of this set. It casts a pseudo-status on both Politoed and the opponent that makes both of them faint in three turns. To avoid this 100% death, most opponents shall switch out. Use this to your advantage by bombarding the field with Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Hypnosis shall also cause switches, as it renders a Pokemon helpless for 1-4 turns. Bounce essentially makes one of the Perish Song turns pass by while being a powerful Flying type attack with a 30% paralysis chance, which may prove necessary later on in a battle. Surf is your obligatory STAB move.</p>

<p>Sassy nature allows you to function as a special wall all while maintaining Bounce's power. The EVs provided give Politoed optimum Leftovers recovery and solid defensive capabilities all around.</p>

<p>As stated earlier, be sure to place entry hazards before using this for maximum effect.</p>

<p>The long forgotten little frog returns to launch an amphibious assault of status and pseudo-status. Politoed sports a decent assortment of statsn most notable of which are his Base 90 HP and Special Attack, and his Special Defense of 100. He also sports no stats below 70. Coupled with the Water type's natural resistances and Water Absorb, Politoed can switch into much and threaten instantly.</p>
status, Water-type
<p>Perish Song is the main attraction of this set. It casts a pseudo-status on both Politoed and the opponent that makes both of them faint in three turns. To avoid this 100% death, most opponents shall switch out. Use this to your advantage by bombarding the field with Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Hypnosis shall also cause switches, as it renders a pokemon helpless for 1-4 turns. Bounce essentially makes one of the Perish Song turns pass by while being a powerful Flying type attack with a 30% paralysis chance. Surf is your obligatory STAB move, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to also force switches with Bubblebeam's chance to lower speed.</p>
<p>Sassy nature allows you to function as a special wall all while maintaining Bounce's power. The EVs provided give optimum leftovers recovery and solid defensive capabilities all around.</p>
Pokemon, speed, Leftovers

Yet another set from Light Incorporated ©! This is a Politoed that I developed to gain the maximum benefit from entry hazards. Since it is a partner to Pepper, I named it Slippy. Star Fox, of course.

[SET]
Name: Slippy
Move 1: Perish Song
Move 2: Hypnosis
Move 3: Bounce
Move 4: Surf / Bubblebeam
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 240 HP / 122 Def / 140 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>The long forgotten little frog returns to launch an amphibious assault of status and pseudo-status. Politoed sports a decent assortment of stats, most notably, his Base 90 HP and Special Attack, plus his Special Defense of 100. (omitted the sentence here) Coupled with the Water type's natural resistances and Water Absorb, Politoed can switch into many pokemon and threaten them instantly.</p>

<p>Perish Song is the main attraction of this set. It casts a pseudo-status on both Politoed and the opponent that makes both of them faint in three turns. To avoid this 100% death, most opponents shall switch out. Use this to your advantage by bombarding the field with Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Hypnosis shall also cause switches, as it renders a pokemon helpless for 1-4 turns. Bounce essentially makes one of the Perish Song turns pass by while being a powerful Flying type attack with a 30% paralysis chance, which may prove necessary later on in a battle. Surf is your obligatory STAB move, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to also force switches with Bubblebeam's chance to lower speed.</p>

<p>Sassy nature allows you to function as a special wall, all while maintaining Bounce's power. The EVs provided give Politoed optimum leftovers recovery and solid defensive capabilities all around.</p>

<p>As stated earlier, be sure to place entry hazards before using this for maximum effect.</p>

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Bubblebeam really that useful for causing switches when you have Perish Song? If Perish Song and coming death didn't force the user to switch, why would a speed drop from Bubblebeam? I guess theoretically you could run out of Perish Song PP to force switches but is Politoed really going to get that many chances to use it?

Fixed the issues.

As for Bubblebeam, some sweepers may try to stay in and wreck your team as much as possible, and don't care if they die. The Speed drop could, in theory, make them reconsider. I'd still recommend Surf, however.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fixed the issues.

As for Bubblebeam, some sweepers may try to stay in and wreck your team as much as possible, and don't care if they die. The Speed drop could, in theory, make them reconsider. I'd still recommend Surf, however.
I'm assuming you've used this set so rather than using theory, does it make most people reconsider? If it does, just ignore everything I said. It only matters in practice what people do, not me just theorizing about how someone would respond.

I'm assuming you've used this set so rather than using theory, does it make most people reconsider? If it does, just ignore everything I said. It only matters in practice what people do, not me just theorizing about how someone would respond.
It made a Weavile switch once. So for all practical purposes, I think I'll remove the Bubblebeam.

Are you sure? I deleted my post by accident =(

I always thought Nature was capitalized just like how Berry is always capitalized. "Sitrus Berry" "Adamant Nature".

Looks like a fun set, although I recommend just shifting more special defense into defense as it already has a high base special defense, and you're bound to run into more physical sweepers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)