XY NU Dance of Death NU Hyper Offense

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Intro:
Hello, and welcome to my second RMT. I've been a huge fan of the NU tier for quite a while now and more recently I have moved on from balance into Hyper Offense. Hyper Offense is a lot of fun allowing you to have huge offensive threats on your team while not having to account with a couple of walls for the ridiculously long list of threats in the meta game. Of course you still need to run checks for some of the bigger threats such as Feraligatr, but with some decent teambuilding I hope you can easily account for them. I spent a while trying to think up a team name for this squad, decided to go with Dance of Death thanks to Aladyyn for the suggestion, as it is the album title from the song my name is from. I hope you enjoy the team, that is also my 1k post shoutout, and have fun playing with it cause I most certainly have.

Some music to listen to while reading.
The song my name is from and the song the team is named after
Team Building Process:

So I started off building this team knowing I wanted to build and have a gurdurr on the team. Gurdurr can set up all over unprepared teams and provides good utility overall through Knock Off and Mach Punch.

Next I needed a Gatr check and I had already used Sceptile and Lilligant a ton and decided on Leafeon. I had seen some people like Zeb use it a ton and it looked like a lot of fun so I decided to give it a try.

Since I knew I was building HO I decided to put in one of my favorite Hyper Offense cores of Cryogonal and Rotom. These two get rid of any unwanted hazards and can keep them on the field with Rotom's spinblocking. A side note on Rotom is that it always seems to glue my teams together, ever since Spiritomb left NU Rotom has been one of my go to mons in NU.

I decided I wanted something to wear down things that wall Gurdurr and Leafeon and can possibly provide them with an opportunity to sweep later on in the match. I went with Kangaskhan who can 2HKO a ton of walls in NU with Silk Scarf Double-Edge, not to mention the fantastic revenge killing capabilities of Dual Priority.

Lastly I decided to go with a lead Archeops. I normally slap a lead Crustle on my HO teams and call it a day, but I had grown tired of it and had seen lead Archeops work decently well and decided to give it a go. It works incredibly well being able to stop hazards, get up some of my own, and then being able to cripple walls such as toad and plume with Endeavour. I feel like this is the most replaceable Pokemon on my team though as I am not a total fan of suicide leads.

The Squad:

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
Standard Gurdurr, anyone who has every used Gurdurr this gen has probably run this set at least once. I have seen other sets that utilize coverage options such as Ice Punch or Poison Jab over Bulk Up and Mach Punch but honestly giving up the sweeping ability of Bulk Up and the priority of Mach Punch is just to much. Gurdurr is a solid mon that can consistently sweep, one of my biggest checks to Pyroar as well so when I see it on the opposing team I like to keep Gurdurr close to full health.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
Leafeon was incredibly underrated at the start of this generation, it has been growing in popularity recently and it is a fantastic mon. After setting up a Swords Dance Leafeon has the speed tier to be able to outpace a lot of slower teams. Great check to Feraligatr, the original reason it got a place on my team, and with the buff of Knock Off Leafeon has all the coverage it needs. I have been given the suggestion to use Natural Gift with a berry that gives a physical Flying-type move, over Synthesis. Leftovers and Synthesis provides enough longevity to be able to check Feraligatr through out the entire match.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Cryogonal has quickly become one of my favorite spinners in the NU tier. It has decent coverage between Freeze-Dry and Hidden Power Ground and can beat pretty much all of the relevant spinblockers in the tier. Access to a recovery move and a great base special defensive stat means that Cryogonal is my offensive pivot for special attackers, switching in on things like Vileplume which would otherwise trouble my team.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
Rotom completes off my favorite offensive core of Rotom + Cryo, it always seems to bring any team I make together. Has amazing utility between Volt Switch, Trick, and Will-O-Wisp, its typing lets it check multiple things. Just a great all around poke, not much else to say lol.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
Kangaskhan is one of those pokes that just blows holes in walls, anything that isnt a resist takes a ton from Double-Edge. Amazing dual priority between Fake Out and Sucker Punch allows me to check multiple things, such as set up sweepers and anything faster. I prefer Earthquake over Drain Punch as Drain Punch is doing nothing in terms of recovery unless they are quad weak like probopass or pawniard, also EQ has a noticeable power difference and also has the cool thing of being able to hit those Garbodor switch-ins that try to take you out with recoil.

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash / Knock Off
So I've heard mixed things about the lead Archeops set, from its amazing from iplaytennislol to its terrible from Soulgazer. So I decided to try it out to give my own opinion on the matter, after over 100 games using it I can say I quite like Archeops as an offensive lead. Its able to prevent hazards with Taunt, set up its own hazards with Stealth Rock, live any one hit with Focus Sash, and then proceed to cripple incredibly bulky walls with Endeavor. Usually my opponent ends up sending in Pokemon such as Seismitoad or Weezing, which can be difficult to wear down, they send them in because they do not know what set I am and cant risk having anything else taking damage from an offensive Archeops. I would say this set is decent to good from my experience with it, and a fun set at that.
Threat List:
Fire-types, specifically fast fire types

These things are almost guaranteed a KO every time they come in, I have to play incredibly smart around them and limit the amount of times they can switch in with Stealth Rock. My checks to them are Kangaskhan and Gurdurr, Kangaskhan can either 2HKO with dual priority or can live a hit and EQ them while Gurdurr can survive a Fire Blast from full and KO with Drain Punch. Always have to watch out for these monsters while battling.

Hax
Fuck Hax >.>

Importable:
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Kangaskhan (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Archeops @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Other Options:
---->

Archeops is pretty much a place holder for any hazard setter, while I enjoy having Archeops on the team I feel like having a setter who can get Spikes and Stealth Rock on the field would be a good idea.
---->

While I love Gurdurr and he can set up for multiple wins, this team really struggles with Fire-types. Hariyama can fill the role of a bulky offensive Fighting-type while having the added bonus of being able to better check Fire-types with Thick Fat and Assault Vest.

---->

So after multiple suggestions to switch out Silk Scarf for AV I finally did. The power loss is pretty noticeable so I'm sticking Silk Scarf in Other Options because I still think its a perfectly viable item on Kangaskhan for this team, being able to power up Fake Out and Double-Edge is pretty awesome.​

Conclusion:

This team isn't 100% polished and there are a few flaws with it, but overall I enjoy playing with the team and with good playing it is possible to play around the teams flaws. This style of team is probably one of my favorite styles in NU right now and has some of my favorite pokes in the tier. I know the first suggestion is gonna be Hariyama for Gurdurr which is why I put it in oo, but aside from the fire weakness which can be played around this team is pretty consistent. Thank you for taking the time to look at my team, hopefully I wrote up everything and didn't miss anything lol. Happy laddering (fuck hax).​

NU Auth
Aladyyn complained a bunch when he didnt get a shoutout in my last RMT, so he gets to go first
Soulgazer cool user and friend
Raseri RO of NU and tier leader, has been a cool guy since I first met him
Hollywood always trying to innovate, RO, and a fun guy to battle against (even if he calls a ton of hax)
Zebraiken RO, always seems to be busy lol, chill guy and calm under pressure
FLCL "the great" lol Soulgazer always gets pissed when people hype him up
Hyunation some random who has mods on PS ;o
Nozzle this guy who now plays Smash
Punchshroom so much knowledge about Pokemon o.o
Quite Quiet been around since I joined PS, usually quiet...hue, and always using random trash mons
scorpdestroyer chill dude who is always on early for me, helped plan a bunch of practice games for BW2 NUPL
SolarisFox is a fox, been a mod for a while, cool guy that became art RO and branched into programming
iTeddeh chill guy who was some ladder random who is now starting to get into the forums a bit more
tennisace the better of the two tennises
Brawlfest some "scrub" who does RMT's and doesnt vote for me in battle of the week :<
Can-Eh-Dian cool guy who got drivered recently
Davon good player who has been around in NU for a while
Deej Dy great player who always seems to top w/e ladder he is laddering in, also puts about 20hrs into teambuilding o.0
HJAD needs to write up the Rotom analysis alreadyI'm totally not johning driffy or anything
Orphic chill global driver who then retired and has been MIA for a while, hope to see you back soon
QueenOfLuvdiscs most known for stalling
The Goomy chill guy who ladders with random garbage
xzern interviewed me for battle of the week, you are welcome for the pirate pad suggestions
iplaytennislol claims to be undefeated and yet always has a lower GXE than I do, you will make it to the Kentucky Derby one day...I have faith
Amarillo knowledgable user, just got added to NU QC and voiced in NU
AquajetBreloom some random dude who does alright on the ladder
Dat Blast member of the NU QC team and voiced in NU, knows his stuff and is a cool dude
horyzhnz I forgot to unvoice you in NU lol, anyways nice guy, posts false stuff in conquest tho o.o
TheCanadianWifier he died for a minute and then came back from college, the video for liepard is sick btw full credit to you
Thrillz random NU voice lol
the tribalt needs to play more NU, had a rivalry with him for a long time now
Sir Kay 9 always helpful

RU Auth
barton terrible user, biggest scrub ever, needs to change his god awful name color back, fren :]
Lyto cool RO
The Leprechaun newest RO for RU, pretty chill dude, thanks for the BW2 teams fren
Scene forever an RU RO, and the chap who gave me global voice :D
Arikado gets drunk all the time, pretty sure he is an alcoholic, cool guy though
atomicllamas gets on PS occasionally and cool dude in the auth convo
Caption forever Capteon, you are in the same boat as barton, you need to revert to your former awesomeness
EonX cool guy who does a ton for RU and for mentoring/tutoring
galbia fiesty little bugger, I will beat you in the NU ladder challenge keep giving me free points imo
innovamania always seems to be AFK lol, but cool dude when he does talk
Kushalos scrub
migzoo somehow got global voice from some challenge ages ago, cool dude
Ojoni chill guy who loves to play RU, does it at work as well...lucky bastard lol
aoemica some random who now has driver lol
Chillarmy another random who somehow has driver lol
GGBud was here for BW2 but has been sporadic since then :<
Leer okay okay you look 16 fine
PokeGyarados talked to you a couple of times, seemed pretty cool, fuck timezones
Swanna chill lady who has gotten engaged congrats again!
Tidal Waltz used to have like 7 accounts in the top 15, only reason i wasnt top 10 on the ladder in BW2 lol
Turtleye R.I.P. seems to have died, or school lol
xastify recently got drivered gj
Expulso recently got revoiced grats
Gale Wing Srock cool guy who has school so doesnt get on enough
GlassGlaceon knows what he is doing
Mistress Remilia cool user, also driver in PU

Battle Spot Auth
CoolStoryBrobat cool guy who is RO of UU and Battle Spot
Enguarde busy dude
Feliburn a scrub who somehow got RO in battle spot lol, also a fren
Ksnake789 need a name change on here to Chaotic lol, does good artwork
Hulavuta and Age of Kings two cool mods on the battle spot forums
FlamtapShuckle needs to get on more lol
NOVED some scrub driver lol
Kortex gave me a good team for BS sample teams

PU Auth
WhiteDMist chill guy, RO and Co-leader of PU
Detective Dell RO of PU and Co-leader
Magnemite knowledgable user and PU council member
Peef Rimgar fellow Council member
Robert Alfons lord who never loses (doesnt count losing to hax and luck)
TRC cool user who has helped me get better at writing analyses
Anty anty ban, fuck mushy tho
unfixable cool driver who is also global voice

General Shoutouts(probably am gonna miss some people)
Darnell cool guy who has been getting into lower tiers as of late
shaymin I wish I had that beard :<
Swagalge some scrub in NU lol
Spydreigon recently promoted to Global driver, PSPL was fun :D
Goddess Briyella GP team, cool mod, talked about NU :)
frenzyplant awesome GP checker, you are a machine pumpin out GP checks lol
Jasmyn you need to start playing more <3
fleurdyleurse another awesome GP checker
Angeela RIP
offler some random global voice ;o
Kiyo horse, decent player, and also knowledgable
Meteordash wishes he was me
Xylen I didnt forget ?.?
Scarf Buck I didn't forget...shhhhh, cool user in NU
Pearl. late shout out, newly drivered in RU, and loves lead Archeops as well n_n
DMT easiest voice of my life
Guaranteed I missed someone, sorry if I missed you :<

May or may not have gone overboard with the shoutouts idk, I was told to do shoutouts to all the rooms I was auth in, so I did lol.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
FLCL "the great" lol Soulgazer always gets pissed when people hype him up
lol thats because some people act like you can't beat him, when its not true

As you have mentionned, your team doesn't like facing a Vileplume since you really only have like Cryogonal and Kangaskhan to potentially beat it. You also don't really have a good switch-in to Fire-types, but at least you can pick them off with Gurdurr, Kangaskhan, Choice Scarf Rotom and Cryogonal (w/ HP Ground).

Did you consider trying out Assault Vest Kangaskhan > Silk Scarf? It would give you something able to switch on those Fire-types while letting out keep Kangaskhan's offensive utility.

Something else you could try is Taunt + Destiny Bond / Nasty Plot Mismagius over Rotom as it would give you something able to boost on Vileplume and weaken it for your team or even faint with it w/ Destiny Bond. You would even be able to use something else over Cryogonal as you will now have Mismagius + Lead Archeops for entry hazards control ;) (you could try a Swords Dance Feraligatr w/ Ice Punch for exemple, another good lure to beat Vileplume).

Good luck :)

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol thats because some people act like you can't beat him, when its not true

As you have mentionned, your team doesn't like facing a Vileplume since you really only have like Cryogonal and Kangaskhan to potentially beat it. You also don't really have a good switch-in to Fire-types, but at least you can pick them off with Gurdurr, Kangaskhan, Choice Scarf Rotom and Cryogonal (w/ HP Ground).

Did you consider trying out Assault Vest Kangaskhan > Silk Scarf? It would give you something able to switch on those Fire-types while letting out keep Kangaskhan's offensive utility.

Something else you could try is Taunt + Destiny Bond / Nasty Plot Mismagius over Rotom as it would give you something able to boost on Vileplume and weaken it for your team or even faint with it w/ Destiny Bond. You would even be able to use something else over Cryogonal as you will now have Mismagius + Lead Archeops for entry hazards control ;) (you could try a Swords Dance Feraligatr w/ Ice Punch for exemple, another good lure to beat Vileplume).

Good luck :)
When I was thinking up ways to beat the aforementioned weaknesses I did think about Assault Vest Kangaskhan. I just remembered not liking the power difference in Double-Edge without Silk Scarf, I will have to retest it and see if that covers my Fire weakness better, which I always seem to have lol.

Also I will try Mismagius over Rotom, although it breaks up my core ;_; and relieves me of having a scarfed Pokemon which might not be the best. Also I forgot to mention it, but Scarfed Rotom is also my DD Feraligatr check, which while not common still can do damage against faster paced teams as with the +1 speed it can outpace the unboosted meta and has the bulk to take the priority I have between Kanga and Gurdurr. Although like you said I could replace Cryogonal with another Pokemon as Missy can be used as an offensive specially defensive pivot with its decent base special defense stat. So I could probably switch it out with another scarfed Pokemon. I'll have to think on that one.

Thx for the rate fren :]

>1k posts
>Joinedmay18
>Significantuser

i actually want this kid banned im done with the disrespect "some scrub :[[[[[" <3

For real though this is a really cool team bro! I definitely back up the AV > Silk Scarf change on Khan, because as SG said it gives you a little more fatness to eat up fire types. However, I'm rather unsure about the Mismag change, as it pretty much removes your only way to beat any flyings types should Kangaskhan be killed, with scarfwisptom being a crucial part of your team. I do see some issues with certain stall teams, but overall I feel the team is p effective at smashing the metagame.

If you DO want to go with Soulgazer 's change to Mismagius, may I suggest a change to Bulky Archeops alongside it. BulkChops pretty much still acts as a great SR setter and Taunt user and retains some significant offensive power, but most importantly does two things. Your team without rotom is very weak to flying types, and is even more weak to fire types that Mismagius cannot revenge [PYROAR IM LOOKIN ATCHU >.>]. Bulky Archeops can handle these offensively oriented pokemon rather well with its decent bulk [Scarf Typh's Fire Blast does less than half, Burds can be roost stalled and KO'd with EASE.], and is a freaking awesome mon in general. Furthermore, it actually has great stallbreaking abilities, being a better glue than your current set as a whole [Also being a WAYYY better SD Reciever should you need to].
To anybody reading this try BulkChops you will NOT be dissipointed at all.

Hope this helped!

Archeops
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
>"gets drunk all the time, pretty sure he is an alcoholic, cool guy though"
>literally only got drunk 3 times, with the 3rd time being just me experimenting to see how many beers it would take to get me drunk ;o

cool team though, and to not get this post: deleted I will make some comments:

fire types may give you trouble, so I also back up the suggestion of AV on kangaskhan.

Last edited:
Including damage calcs tagging the WRITER Montsegur to join my two posts together cause im lazy.
Making the extra comment that BulkChops is also THE BEST knock off absorber literally ever.
It also p much 100% solves your shit with fire types.

Damage Calcs
252 SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Archeops: 153-180 (43.3 - 50.9%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO
32 Atk Archeops Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Typhlosion: 199-235 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Archeops: 168-198 (47.5 - 56%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO
32 Atk Archeops Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pyroar: 211-250 (67.4 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
ABOVE 2 U W0T M8

252 SpA Cryogonal Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Archeops: 260-308 (73.6 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Nice Damage.

252 SpA Rotom Volt Switch vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Archeops: 260-308 (73.6 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hehe

252 Atk Guts Swellow Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Archeops: 182-215 (51.5 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Timee to stall

4 Atk Crustle Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Archeops: 222-270 (62.8 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Taunt and proceed

0 SpA Seismitoad Scald vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Archeops: 212-252 (60 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Not even bad

Ares

>1k posts
>Joinedmay18
>Significantuser

i actually want this kid banned im done with the disrespect "some scrub :[[[[[" <3
You are a scrub tho <3 and maybe I would of given you a better shoutout if you voted for me ;o Also I'm pretty sure I spoke well of you in my interview for player of the week.
For real though this is a really cool team bro! I definitely back up the AV > Silk Scarf change on Khan, because as SG said it gives you a little more fatness to eat up fire types. However, I'm rather unsure about the Mismag change, as it pretty much removes your only way to beat any flyings types should Kangaskhan be killed, with scarfwisptom being a crucial part of your team. I do see some issues with certain stall teams, but overall I feel the team is p effective at smashing the metagame.

If you DO want to go with Soulgazer 's change to Mismagius, may I suggest a change to Bulky Archeops alongside it. BulkChops pretty much still acts as a great SR setter and Taunt user and retains some significant offensive power, but most importantly does two things. Your team without rotom is very weak to flying types, and is even more weak to fire types that Mismagius cannot revenge [PYROAR IM LOOKIN ATCHU >.>]. Bulky Archeops can handle these offensively oriented pokemon rather well with its decent bulk [Scarf Typh's Fire Blast does less than half, Burds can be roost stalled and KO'd with EASE.], and is a freaking awesome mon in general. Furthermore, it actually has great stallbreaking abilities, being a better glue than your current set as a whole [Also being a WAYYY better SD Reciever should you need to].
To anybody reading this try BulkChops you will NOT be dissipointed at all.

Hope this helped!

Archeops
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
I have yet to play with all of the Archeops sets yet, so I definitely will give this set a try. That was the whole reason to put Archeops on the team was to test out the lead set, which was a fun set tbh. I'll probably end up switching to AV cause now its been twice its been suggested.

Thx for the rate fren :]

Edit: How in the hell am I supposed to combine your two posts together when I dont mod this section of smogon ?.?

Well looking at the team, fire types give you a headache so I'll give you ma viewpoint on it!
While your team needs hazards, lead archeops looks like a right odd ball so I'll happily back up the bulky archeops too, I've been using it a tonne in my eggy team and in general surprises people on how well it takes in, however is still not a switch in to a specs fire blast or eruption by no means.

Archeops
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost
However, this could also mean you could put DEFOG on archeops and take out cryagonal as the spinner. With this, you could replace with a mon that would do very well in your team and Deej Dy will love me for suggesting but ninetails.

Ninetales @ Leftovers / Life orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
Now this mon will help drastically with the fire spam, make people think twice before clicking the fire move and in general means you have a better option against stallier teams as it breaks balance and stall teams as its day job. Optional whether you want lefties or life orb since you're using hyper offense, it would also mean you need a mon with stealth rocks on the team, so it will allow me to move onto my final possible change for the team to synergise well:
Seismitoad over leafeon:

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off / Grass knot
- Stealth Rock
Now I know this changes the structure of your team rather a lot, however it allows you to have a solid check to gatr as well as having stealth rocks that are more reliably set. I've put it optional to have grass knot over knock off for opposing toad and extra grass type coverage however i would stick with knock off. It slightly takes away some of the hyper offense feel to the team however it would offer a much more reliable synergy that could help your team.
In conclusion, you'd have a better match up against stall / balance teams by having a safer way of hazard removal, a more effective sweeper against stall since ninetails is very good at offering this over leafeon and a more effective switch in to feraligatr as you can absorb its hits. Not to mention you now have fire immunity options and Water immunity options which allows opportunities for the opponents to over predict very nicely.
I hope you can consider these changes, great team anyway bro :]

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You really need to do something about Scarf Fire-types as I can see them steamrolling this team pretty quickly. Most of the Fire checks I would like to mention has already been said, though for the Bulky Archeops set I would personally move 20 EVs to Special Defense to always survive the 2HKO from Scarf Typhlosion's Eruption, and even put Stone Edge on it since you want Fire-types dead pretty badly. (Do you know how close I am to suggesting Lampent for this team?)

Normally I'd condone the use of Leafeon, but considering the team's susceptibility to Fire-type mons, and the fact that you already have a nice physical-boosting win condition, I'd think Life Orb Sceptile would be a better fit on your team, since it is at least harder for Fire-types (especially Pyroar) to check. Since Sceptile wants to stick around in order to check Gatr, I wouldn't strongly recommend the use of Substitute on it; just blow some nice holes in the opponent's team with fast, strong Leaf Storms. This is merely a optional change though.

"Some random dude who does alright on ladder" I love u too BB <3.
Also so this post doesn't get deleted or some shit for not being an actual rate, I also feel AV > Silk Scarf Kanga would be better for your team

"Swagalge some scrub in NU lol" <3

I like AV Kanga too, and if you were really worried about fire spam you could switch rotom -> lampent, who just shuts pyroar down completely but is an awful spinblocker thanks to ground, water and rock weaknesses

Great team, I do have a suggestion for fast fire types that may seem a little 'wtf' but I'd sugges Scarftu > Cyro and put defog on Archeops that way you still have hazard remover with hazard control:

(Xatu) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Scarf xatu can out speed the non specs variants of pyroar and typhlosions catching them off guard, just something I'd thought I'd suggest and yay shoutout

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Mont :)

This is obviously a solid team and a lot of good suggestions have been made already, but I'm just gonna elaborate a little on one thing. If you want to try out Sceptile, then I don't think a fully special set would be best. If you want a better lure to Vileplume and check to Fire-checks then an itemless Swords Dance set with Acrobatics and Earthquake would probably be better, or even a mixed set with Giga Drain / EQ / HP Fire / filler @ Life Orb like from ium's RMT here if you want a stronger check to Feraligatr.

Also just a nitpick but you want at least 8 more Speed EVs on Kanga to beat Modest Samurott n_n

Cool team mont and perfect cteam to mine n_n

If I were to make some suggestions you should move 24 evs to spdef on gurdurr to always live a dragalge specs draco meteor and maybe use thunderbolt in Rotom. It might seem not important but getting off solid damage on pyroar is actually really important (and specs pyroar always lives volt switch after two sr rounds :o) and idt wisp helps that much to be honest
Grats on 1k too

Nice n' gunna steal this team right quick :^]

but yeah, can't really add too much that's not been said already. One possible change I could see working out is baton pass over synthesis on Leafeon. Being able to take that +2 and pass it to guts Gurdurr on a WoW, or Hariyama on a fire/bug move could really help keep up offensive momentum.
Ontop of that, bp is just a really nice move, because momentum. While synthesis does help to check gatr, the thing is all you really need to be able to do is to survive +2 Aqua jet and then bam. So yeh. My two cents :]

I have tried the team and I suggest you to do 2 changes:
Use jolly leafeon over adamant.
Run rock slide on archeops over knock, is usefull and you can flinch crustle in turn 1.
Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)