SM Ubers Decent team I've been running, looking for recommendations / general advice

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is my Physical wall. It's great against Primal Groudon and Marshadow. I run Dragon Tail so Groudon / any other Pokemon can't set up vs me. Thousand Arrows hits basically the entire meta game for at least neutral damage. I like running RestTalk to improve my longevity, and helps vs certain match ups like Lugia and Giratina who try to Toxic stall. Max EV investment in Defense and HP means that Zygarde almost always survives a +2 Precipice Blade from Adamant Primal Groudon, which is a very rare set, so it will generally live vs any Groudon's attack.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This is my Special wall, specifically to counter Xerneas. Max EV investment in HP / SPD means that it shrugs off any Geomancy boosted Xerneas attack, and retaliates with a Sunsteel Strike that leaves Xerneas with next to no HP. Toxic is to reduce staying power of some Pokemons, such as Lugia / Giratina. Morning Sun increases my staying power. I have him as a my secondary Rocks setter as if you switch into Xerneas, you almost always get a free turn as the opponent will switch out Xerneas.

Marshadow @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief

One of my favorite pokemon, so I had to include him on my team. I like going Choice Band over Life Orb as the extra damage you get helps in netting some KO's. I run Rock Tomb so I have an answer to Ho-Oh's. The other moves are pretty self explanatory and standard on Marshadow. I typically save Marshadow until end game as he's faster than almost every unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and for those that are faster, he can pick them off with Shadow Sneak.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This is my lead for most games. Rocks + Judgment are pretty self-explanatory. I run Magic Coat to deal with all the Web / Spikes / Taunt users in the metagame. It's pretty funny to watch someone's Deoxys-S self-taunt itself, or have them Sticky Web themselves. I run Roar as no one expects this, and prevents Pokemon from setting up on me. Since I don't have a dedicated Primal Kyogre counter, I typically sack Arceus as it's usefulness past the early game isn't that high.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

My revenge killer. I run Modest over Timid to get the strongest Moonblast's possible. If they have a lot of Xerneas checks on their team, I'll typically save Xerneas and use him as a support to help the rest of my team with Defog and Aromatherapy. I'm 50/50 on Focus Blast and I'm thinking of running Thunder to have another answer to Ho-Oh, as Focus Blast doesn't really help much against Steel types as most Steel types in Ubers are dual steel (Necrozma DM, Mega Metagross, Magearna) so it only hits for neutral, and then you get KO'd.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

My favorite Pokemon, so I had to include him on my team. I run the Mixed Wallbreaker set so you always have an answer for whatever they throw at you. Draco Meteor chunks Primal Groudon. Dragon Ascent KO's Physical Attack Primal Kyogre after Rocks. V-Create demolishes the Steel Types in the metagame, and ExtremeSpeed is good for picking off weak targets.

I've had pretty good success with this team. I've never really been that great of a player (hovering around 1400 on Showdown), but after playing with this team, I'm currently sitting at 1640 ELO on the Uber ladder. Whether that's because I've gotten better or my team is good, I'm not sure lol. I think some of the weaknesses of my team are that I don't have a dedicated Primal Kyogre check. I don't feel like I have to run one as I'll usually just sack Arceus if they send out Primal Kyogre, and then I can retaliate with Rayquaza / Marshadow to KO it. I also don't have a set-up sweeper, but I don't know if that qualifies as a weakness. I tried that out with DD Rayquaza, but it's too hard to find a turn to set-up with Rayquaza, as it's very squishy and has a lot of weaknesses. I also only have one Defogger, but 3 of my team resists Rock, so I've never had a problem with hazards. Any and all advice is welcome!

Last edited:

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hi,

Why double SR?
I have never been in favor of bringing several users just to want to secure more. Another thing is the risk of also carrying two fairies with both PDon, Necro or Gearna / Gengar.

Ok, I think it looks good at first glance and I think it's better to leave SR in Necro and Fairyceus with Recover. It is unnecessary to bet on something other than recovering. Magic Coat I do not see very useful. Maybe EPower coverage for PDon for example. Wow or Toxic are other options.

Be careful with both Primal PDon and Pogre. They can be controlled by Zyg or Quaza in principle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)