Desert Storm

Desert Storm

Introduction:
So it doesn't take a genius to deduce that gen six is a massive shitfest, and until some necessary bans happen it will be hard to make real teams. That being said, this is my attempt at making something that can compete in the metagame. I didn't really base this team around handling everything in the metagame, this team is more oriented around handling the new bullshit that is really common. I know it's bit ironic to use mega gengar when I've been spamming the ban discussion thread with complaints about the morons against ban, but while it's allowed I can abuse it like everyone else. This team is pretty much stuff thrown together but it worked out to some degree. I haven't played too many matches, but the only game I've lost so far was when I missed three key moves (stone edge against volcarona (I use rock slide for this reason now), hydro pump against talonflame, and focus blast against tyranitar.) Given the ladder is total trash that doesn't mean much, but take into account when rating that this team has been relatively successful.

In Depth:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar has always been good and it still is. Sandstorm is useful for wearing down pretty much everything and stealth rocks have basically the same purpose. The set is pretty standard with the only odd thing being my lack of pursuit. There isn't much to hit with pursuit so I prefer the mixed coverage I have. Fire blast takes down skarmory, ferrothorn, scizor, forretress, breloom, and chesnaught (lol.) Rock slide replaced stone edge because the main thing it hits is talonflame, where the extra power is not needed. Also against volcarona and such it kills, so I don't need stone edge. Crunch I sort of just put on for fun, it just seemed appropriate for tyranitar. However, I almost never use it so I might replace it with something else. I guess I use it against stray psychic types and gengar so I think that's enough to justify the usage of it. I've been considering running chople berry over ledftovers to take focus blasts and such, but support tyrniatar's lifespan is totally different than it was in BW so the leftovers really are helpful. The EVs allow me to take millions of special hits, but I might shift some into attack or defense or speed, I'm not really sure.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

This has been one of the most destructive sweepers I have ever used. The good bulk allows it to take lots of neutral hits and wear things down with rough skin. Substitute allows me to protect against will o wisp and leech seed, as well as a few other things. It can also be set up when slower pokemon are sacked to allow a free switch in to something like greninja, subbing on the switch, SDing if possible, or just killing with the appropriate STAB. Then I can kill the fast thing as they die to a STAB. I know a lot of people are bothered by the STAB that togekiss is immune to, but togekiss can die to sludge bomb or volt switch (it sucks basically.) Swords dance allows me to ruin things, setting up on stupud things like trevenant. At +2 garchomp can take down most of the meta in one hit, and a few in 2. Also nobody really prepares for this guy so he is really dangerous if played correctly. With mega gengar support it can be close to impossible to stop. EVs outspeed base 100s.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Seed
- Protect

What is a gorugeist? Why use it? I'm sure you've all seen trevenant on the ladder and that was what I had here. However trevenant isn't really a wall because it's defensive stats are shit. It can handle things when burned but it's slow as balls so it dies before it gets the burn off. Gorugeist is trevenant's retarded looking cousin. It has everything trevenant doesn't in good stats where they count, but it sadly lacks any solid offensive moves and good abilities. Shadow sneak is the best STAB this guy can muster, but it can actually help a lot against mega gengar and other things like alakazam when weakened. Will o Wisp can hurt grass types because I can't do much else to them. It also hits random physical attackers. Leech Seed is basically the most spammable move ever because I'm always super paranoid about gorugeist getting worn down. Protect helps me max out the recovery I get. I'm using max HP/def because EVing this guy to beat things like starmie is dumb and I don't have too much for stuff like DD dragonite. I suppose using some SpD would be smart but I guess I'm too lazy to make a real spread. The max physical bulk gives me tremendous staying power against stuff like excadrill so I think it's pretty much worth it.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Gengar is ridiculous. It is so fast I can decide to not check things and just rely on gengar to kill them. 244 speed EVs allow me outspeed +1 gyarados, dragonite, and greninja. The moves are pretty standard, there is nothing I really need special coverage for. I really like focus blast mainly for tyranitar and to a lesser degree ferrothorn. Shadow ball and sludge bomb have perfect coverage among everything else. Destiny bond is for when I'm done with gengar and need to kill something else or when I need to kill something in order to secure a win but don't want to miss focus blast. I know the commentary for this pokemon is a little bit on the short side but the idea behind this is so simple and devastating little is required.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

The BSwagworm Pokemon. Forretress is one of the most consistent OU pokemon you can choose. Even though he is starting to see competition from excadrill, forretress is far superior in a defenisve role, especially until excadrill gets stealth rock. I copied this set straight from one of my BW2 teams. Spikes can be set up against some pokemon and if I can protect them the opponent is in a pretty bad spot. Gyro ball has power where it counts and volt switch is a really useful pivot move. Rapid spin is really useful. The only ghost types I really see are trevenant and gengar. Gengar can get messed up by gyro ball and trevenant will be met with a volt switch into garchomp or gengar. Forretress also has an amazing defensive typing, it can handle most dragonites because fire punch is becoming rare, now they run eq and extremespeed almost all of the time. Another really cool thing about forretress is that it is one of the four GSC OU that has been OU since its creation. It's sort of like that stuff we saw last gen with zapdos/snorlax/gengar/starmie. It would break my heart if ofrretress dropped to UU but based off the most recent usage usage statistics it is doing just fine. Sitting at 31 isn't all that solid but it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Obviously tyranitar is the highest of the four and skarmory is second at 27. If anybody is dropping down to UU it will be blissey who was at 47. The weather nerfs mitigate the benefits of leftovers over eviolite but the knock off buff sort of balances it out. Regardless both eggs might take a drop because of new and debatably better special walls like florges and goodra.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SDef
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Rotom-W is my main switch in to bulky waters and a crapload of other things. It sort of does the same thing it did in BW2 but the lack of annoying pokebank mons makes it a little better. This EV spread allows me to survive an unboosted play rough from Mega Mawile. By the way if you didn't know MMawile is broken as hell, way too powerful, needs to go right after Kangashkhan and Gengar. The rest of the set you have all seen a million times before. Volt switch and hydro pump is for pivoting and power, also killing things will o wisp can't burn. Rest over pain split because rotom doesn't get pain split pre bank.

Conclusion:

That's all, I hoe you guys enjoyed. I really am looking for some help here because this team is far from flawless. Thank you for any criticism you can provide, and have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)