DIGLETT's lower half contest!

We all know that every sprite and picture of Diglett has kept it's lower half and limbs under ground. So, what do you think Diglett's lower half looks like?

The only real clue we have is that it can learn Slash and such moves, so it must have claws somewhere.

after a good amount of submissions, I will catalogue them and host a poll. If it gets enough views and replys, I might do something like this again in the future. (Cubone's head?)

Comical views will be considered, but try to be practical.

And think like a Sugimori!

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Pokedex was never really clear on that, are Dugtrio's heads fused onto one body or is it just three separate Digletts working in tandem?

wow, great turnout!
Fatecrashers. yours is spectacular. I'd love to see a final.
jujuomi, hilarious.
QuimicVital, with some time yours could look great.
BynineB, there should be more people like you in ze world.
Johann, with some color, shading, and proportions yours would be something to look at.
Remember though, practical entries will be considered over comical ones.

Unless they're really funny.
Keep entering, everyone!

My Diglett design comes in two variations. Variant A (Left) Has the front of the body taper down towards the back, where a flat surface harbors a large number of small, flexible tentacles which act a bit like a multitude of flagellum to help with locomotion.

Variant B (Right) has a longer body than variant A, and has two surfaces near the front of the body that features many holes, which don't seem to have any specific size or shape. Instead of numerous small tentacles, this variant has only one, large appendage, which function the same way as a way of movement.

As evolution takes place, two Variant A's, and one Variant B Diglett will connect themselves to form Dugtrio. The two variant A Digletts use their tentacles to latch themselves onto their respective surface on the variant B Diglett, permanently anchoring themselves together as the evolution is finished. The new-formed Dugtrio uses both it's large "flagella" in tandem with the three bodies working themselves through the soil to both loosen it and propel itself forward.

wow. great "Origin of the species" style, BuddyBlueBomber. This is the kind of stuff that gets considered!

Remember, anyone who can do a final draft, go right ahead!

In response to DJGopher's question, multiple entries are welcome.

Well, I tried to add shading (you can see if you look on the right side of the body, tail, and legs) and I don't have photoshop so all I can color with are old markers in my room. Does anyone have any tips for shading?

wow. great "Origin of the species" style, BuddyBlueBomber. This is the kind of stuff that gets considered!

Remember, anyone who can do a final draft, go right ahead!

In response to DJGopher's question, multiple entries are welcome.
Lol that's not what I asked, I asked if contests have to be approved.. Which I'm almost sure they do.

ok that's just scary.

DJ gopher, Im not sure if it's too late now, but given how this thread has been here 2 days and 15+ replies, I'm in the green.

Johann, shading tip: Curves are better than lines. Check professional shading for diglett (obviously) and charizard (whom I think has similaarities to your drawing.) See what they do. Do you have a scanner?

Fatecrashers, will we see a final? It's okay if we don't.

I'm working on an entry myself. I dont have a scannner, so im using my shollow box of a camera to try to take a nice, sharp photo. We'll see where this goes.
Great job everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)