Ditto and Friends go offensive

[PIMG]132[/PIMG][PIMG]414[/PIMG][PIMG]57[/PIMG][PIMG]78[/PIMG][PIMG]634[/PIMG][PIMG]277[/PIMG]

Hi Everyone,

After starting playing NU for a while, I started to test random pokemon out of curiosity. And a few of them started to work really well to me and I decided to post it.
But how we take a closer look at the team itself.

[PIMG]132[/PIMG]
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 5 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

DW-Ditto serves as a revenge-killer. Set-up-Sweepers are almost in every team, which make it easier for Ditto to take the boosts with its ability and outspeed it with Choice Scarf. There is not much to say about Ditto. HP is maxed out, since it is the only stat, that stays the same, after transforming.

[PIMG]414[/PIMG]
Bastiodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Metal Burst

Bastiodon serves usually as a leader to set up Steath Rock. Metal Burst comes handy when it comes on killing Pokemon like Pinsir or Primeape. With Sturdy, I can either destroy an opposing pokemon or I get at least Stealth Rock up. Even if Metal Burst depences on the speed, I prefer a non-minus-speed nature, since roaring out with a higher priority than other Bastiodons, pays off. Toxic should cripple the opponent even more. Leftovers are the obvious choice for Bastiodon, because, even after almost being killed, it can switch into normal typ attacks and heal of more HP than the damage itseft.

[PIMG]57[/PIMG]
Primeape (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Punishment
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
Primeape is already really fast, so Choice Band is the Item of choice here. The extra power comes really handy at times. Its ability Vital Spirit is the main reason, why I take it over the other Fighting-Typs, not to mention it can use U-Turn, not locking itseft into it. Close Combat + Punishment/Ice Punch is great coverage. The tier is filled with many Psychic Typs. Most of them will be outspeed by Primeapes speed and take damage from a Punishment or a boosted U-Turn. Ice Punch takes care of predicted switches of Flying Typs or Flying Typs in general, that fail to kill Primeape. Most of the time, it will spam Close Combat.

[PIMG]78[/PIMG]
Rapidash (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun
A really overlooked Pokemon. The fastes Fire-Typ in NU can boost its already high speed with Flame Charge to another level. Flare Blitz + Drill Run are pretty much for coverage. Even Pokemon that are immun to Drill Run and resist Fire will take a lot of damage from a Life-Orb-boosted Flare Blitz. Life Orb is used since Rapidash will die really fast either way. However, Morning Sun comes handy whenever a predicted wish+protect or a switch takes place. Since half the team is physical, Rapidash does a good job, absorbing Will-O-Wisp or Fire Typs moves from a Sun-Team in general.

[PIMG]634[/PIMG]
Eelektross (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
Eelektross serves only one purpose: Getting off physical walls. Amomomola tanks almost every hit, so Powerful Special Attacks are needed. Giga Drain is the main reason, why I choice it over Ampharos. A lot of Ground-Typs and pokemon that can absorb Electric Moves switch very often into a predicted Electric Move. Volt Switch serves for a save switch and Thunderbolt is a more offensive variant. Flamethrower is their for nasty Grass-Typs.

[PIMG]277[/PIMG]
Swellow (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
Swellow is my most flexible attacker with amazing natural speed. Most battlers intent to Earthquake, lay Stealth Rocks or Sucker Punch in very obvious patterns, that bringing in Swellow with Toxic Orb is almost guaranteed, so no Protect needed. Toxic Orb over Flame Orb, since it does less damage in 2 Rounds, which is more than enough for Swellow before switching it out. Quick Attack comes handy to revange kill and sometimes activate the Guts abitlity, if it hasn't already. Besides that, Swellow can absorb Toxic and Will-O-Wisp as well, and after Toxic-Orb being activated, it can switch into moves like Hynosis or Spore. The Selling Point of Swellow is its Guts-Boosted Attacks. U-Turn murders Executor and heavily cripple other Psychic Typs. It resets the Poison Turns as well. But most the time, the main attacks will be Guts- and STAB-Boosted Brave Bird and Facade, killing almost everything.

Threats
Even with Eelektross, Alomomola is a pain, aspecially partnered with special walls like Hypno. However, the biggest threat is, Riolu. Copycat-Roar while any hazards are on the field, can ruin ones day and with Pineco lv1 holding Berry Juice, Stealth Rock and 1-2 Layers of Spikes are guaranteed (depending on the set). The only way. Keeping Swellow alive or hoping to get Ditto on the field, can usually help, depending on what Moves Riolu has.

Last Words
I hope, I mentioned anything thats relevant on this set and didn't make too many grammer mistakes.

I think your team is really great. but i have a few suggestions: #1 on Primeape i would change Stone Edge with punishment or ice punch whichever u prefer. #2 i think u should use Specs > Lefties on Eelectross just to deal more damage you can find the set here http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/eelektross . and lastly #3 change ur Ev spread on Ditto to 252 Spe, 128 Att, 128 SpA and Hasty nature to max out his speed. Hope this Helped! :D

I actually disagree with Riley 15's suggestion on Ditto's EV spread. Ditto copies all stats except HP so it would be best to max it out. Also you don't have that much of a weakness to Alomomola because of Eelektross(Thunderbolt is guaranteed OHKO on Alomomola).

quite frankly, this team isn't that bad in the sense that it can find opportunities to threaten or handle some of the common threats in the tier. however, it's just really unfocused and falls apart to many other things, such as opposing fighting-types (sawk, primeape, and gurdurr). nothing switches in safely, and you really need them severely weakened for swellow's quick attack to even do anything to the choice scarf variants. gurdurr's a whole other thing because ditto can't stop it very well, and swellow absolutely needs to be healthy with its orb activated to take a mach punch and OHKO with brave bird, which is a really tall order to be asking for.

rapidash seems to be the weakest link because you're using a sub-optimal set, it gets past almost the same things as swellow, and it just faces the same issues that swellow has. you can definitely fit in misdreavus over rapidash. i honestly don't think it matters whether you use the substitute + nasty plot set or the standard defensive set, but the general idea is that you're going to slightly patch up your weakness to fighting-types. misdreavus also has the added benefit of either setting up on or taunting the alomomola you say you have issues with, effectively stopping it from doing much.

next, bastiodon barely does anything to many pokemon unless sturdy is in-tact, and it'll definitely not do much at all against a remotely decent player who can easily see the metal burst coming. it's also way too susceptible to normal- and flying-types that carry a proper coverage move to KO it. i find metang to be much more reliable for several reasons. first of all, it doesn't have a drawback of being weak to fighting-type attacks, making it an excellent choice to handle zangoose and choiced braviary. it's also much more able to weaken kangaskhan and tauros, which are increasingly common right now. the other important thing that metang brings is the ability to check and threaten psychic-types more directly. pokemon like gardevoir and musharna will be threatened more by metang than bastiodon, and jynx will fear bullet punch and cannot do much at all with focus blast.

metang @ eviolite | clear body
adamant nature | 252 hp / 176 atk / 80 spd
stealth rock / meteor mash / toxic / bullet punch

the misdreavus sets should be on-site i believe.

@ium You have a point. I usually use Bastidon to finish off Fighting-Typs, since most people have been leading with them. Using Misdreavus over Rapidash sound like a good idea. I am not sure if Metang is such a good idea. I have considered him before but he lacks recovery. Bastiodon doesn't have the bulk to take as much hits but it can at least use leftovers and Roar was its main selling point to stop baton passers or general Boosters and Sub-Users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)