DotA

Bounty Hunter just needs a total remake, all his skills are pretty random (but he got a buff, so how's that hate? =P). Undying is also kind of a weird hero to balance (it went from being the best hero, to mediocre, to bad, and then mediocre again).

Bounty Hunter just needs a total remake, all his skills are pretty random (but he got a buff, so how's that hate? =P). Undying is also kind of a weird hero to balance (it went from being the best hero, to mediocre, to bad, and then mediocre again).
Honestly, all BH needs is a bit more mana and a better windwalk and he'll be fine. If you ask me severely reducing the mana cost on Track would probably be enough to make him a great hero.

As for Dirge, he sits in the same boat as Alch in that you have to be incredibly careful when buffing him because he just may become insanely overpowered. I will admit that I'm kinda disappointed no one uses him anymore, but that's because there are better people to do his role ever since he was nerfed.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone still want to get this tourney going? I'm in at any rate, been playing since .17b.

Atm BH is fine, Dirge is nowhere near in the same boat as alch, alch's ultimate makes him an incredibly powerhouse and at level 16 is nigh unkillable unless you have a necrolyte and chain disables, does no one follow competitive around here?

The currently overpowered and top picked heroes are: Invoker, AA, Bat, Weaver, Lich (not AS much, but ever since the dark ritual CD buff); these are pretty much all in need of a nerf, this list does not extend to all top picks, just those that are overpowered, there are plenty of other god heroes (morph, for example).

At the moment the metagame is very centralized around control, therefore melee heroes are very rarely picked in competitive matches and a lot of strategy is pushbased, with heroes like rhasta, pugna, es, etc.

Great game, it, and pokemon, are the only two I play basically, if anyone wants to argue against the above, be my guest.

also invoker just needs a stats nerf, he was fine before the hole attribute per skill thingy, maybe 1 str/agi/int per orb or something?, weaver is ok, the only reason he's being used is because of the swarm which counter alch, pugna and maybe doom, because of the armor reduction, AA needs a nerf in his ulti, because killing a hole creepwave globally after lvl 16 is just SO wrong, his laning isn't that great because he doesn't have the mana to support his 1st skill being spammed. And bat only needs maybe a little bit higher manacost on napalm, maybe like 10 more mana or something. Lich is fine, seriously he's a little bit useless after the enemy get's pipe, and any decent team has decent positioning, he's ulti could use a buff, and dark ritual a nerf, and buff to nova, since the damage is kinda pathetic.

And the thing about dirge is that he can't solo, can't trilane, he needs dual lanes back, kinda like bristleback, but dirge shines in pushing and midgame teamfights, and for him to be usefull he just has to get a little higher manapool, and some hp.

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
also invoker just needs a stats nerf, he was fine before the hole attribute per skill thingy, maybe 1 str/agi/int per orb or something?, weaver is ok, the only reason he's being used is because of the swarm which counter alch, pugna and maybe doom, because of the armor reduction, AA needs a nerf in his ulti, because killing a hole creepwave globally after lvl 16 is just SO wrong, his laning isn't that great because he doesn't have the mana to support his 1st skill being spammed. And bat only needs maybe a little bit higher manacost on napalm, maybe like 10 more mana or something. Lich is fine, seriously he's a little bit useless after the enemy get's pipe, and any decent team has decent positioning, he's ulti could use a buff, and dark ritual a nerf, and buff to nova, since the damage is kinda pathetic.

And the thing about dirge is that he can't solo, can't trilane, he needs dual lanes back, kinda like bristleback, but dirge shines in pushing and midgame teamfights, and for him to be usefull he just has to get a little higher manapool, and some hp.
You're right about invoker, it is the stats that contribute to his incredible lane control and with the stat nerf he would be more controllable. Weaver is definitely not just 'ok', it is incredibly potent at level 4 and upwards, if you were to watch some recent competitive matches with weaver you can see that shukuchi*2 some hits + swarm does well over 400 damage to the opposing solo, regardless if it is one of those 0/1 armour str heroes.

AA's ultimate now has a 45 second cooldown, so it isnt' that bad, and it can't OHKO a whole creep wave, just maim the melee and kill the range creeps. Plus, the somewhat lengthy cooldown (relative to the 22 second one before) means that usually it shouldn't be used on creeps. His laning is still pretty good, comparable to shadow demons (less, but the concept is the same) with good harassing capabilities and the ability to kill almost any solo at level 6. Bat isn't overpowered, just very, very gay, perhaps you're right in a napalm mana cost nerf (once he gets 5 stacks early game, you're pretty much dead against a good player, even if you have blink / leap / whatever, only WW can save you. Lich has a 30ish second cd (iirc) on level 1 dark ritual, this gives him incredible laning potential as his nuke is basically twice as spammable as it once was, and free denies; certainly, as support he isn't nearly as threatening, but he is an underrated solo atm. Lich's ultimate certainly does not need a buff, and the nova damage is good already, considering its side effect (325 is above average, perhaps you're forgetting that both nova and target damage are applied to the main target).

Wonder if OP is still around to 'organize' a potential tournament.

.-.

i didn't know AA got an ulti nerf (brain fart), and lich does dominate the lane, tough that's it, besides getting some damage in a team fight or a small skirmish, he just dominates the lane, for nukers you have better options, and tons of supports, he's just used to demolish a lane and screw the opposing lane in farm and EXP. Also any team with more than 2 stuns can easily handle weave, he just shines when the enemy is low on stuns, even 1 stun with decent damage and a nuke kill the poor thing.

Also you have to be pretty dumb to get 5 stacks of napalm.

I think you underestimate how important lane domination is, with the opposing solo shut down the enemy is effectively at -1 for early/midgame teamfights in addition lich has the potential to do a lot of damage to even organized teams, sure there are better supports but lich still shines as he is able to get an early mekansm (akin to pugna) and the frost armour he provides is also invaluable.

You're acting like weaver is a one man team, in addition weavers usually go medallion --> vanguard so even with two stuns he can survive then time lapse then kill again and his team is still there to back him up.

It's either let yourself get stacked up on or have 0/0 CS.

6.72 is finally fucking out after 3 months of waiting

and holy shit new hero seems like it'll be fucking imbalanced in pubs with stealing spells, not to mention also having directional toss + stun, bouncing nuke and magic resistance AoE

huge buff on Kunkka's tidebringer cd for early game, so he will dominate lanes early on more than ever

Naix being able to hide in allied heroes via Infest will be very interesting

Ursa Overpower cast time removed again

Panda's Earth form in ulti carries his auras now

and Slark is buffed even further than ever now with improved STR and INT growths, Gem nerf of stock cooldown up to 8 minutes, and being able to permanently steal stat points, although only 3 now instead of 4, "balanced" by a lesser AGI growth. It is going to hurt the hero that he has stolen the stat points from more anyway. And keeps stat points for 120 seconds if he doesn't kill

Gem nerf is just retarded in general imo

and Roof Living Armor global aura during the day wtf, although nerfed ulti

and many other questionable changes

God, that changelog was like the bible. I like alot of the changes, though Slark looks like a much bigger problem. I still want a Garithos hero =[

BM with agha is going to be ridiculous. 45 sec CD and 950 cast range.

DS might see some play again. TB might be useful too. Pit, not so much.

Void finally getting attention with some needed buffs. Same with Huskar and Leo.

Wisp, Sylla, SD, and Panda are no longer as annoying

Gyro with agha is stupid. Turns his ult into AA's ult, basically.

Icarus solar beam doesn't slow anymore. There goes my main use for him.

Naix now has many shenanigans to use with infest

Obligatory Weaver nerf

QoP scream finally hits invis/ethereal units :heart:

Roof is now CM for hp instead of mana

Slark buffs are wtf broken

We might revert back to the .64 meta with Ursa Overpower cast time removed again

New hero is pretty cool for countering heavy aoe teams.

This is one of the biggest changelogs I've seen in a long, long time.

That was such a long changelog I didn't even notice that he added a new hero.

So far the changelog seems interesting; I'll have to play it out first to see whether or not I like the changes.

6.72e is out

Bara is now probably fucking terrible even in pubs

Roof is balanced better now

Frost Arrows change is imo a slight buff rather than a huge nerf since by the time attack speed reduction would matter against the opponent carry, you'd already rather want lifesteal as your orb during combat anyway and Frost Arrows only for chasing afterwards

Kunkka has become an even better initiator now with less cd on ult

nerf on Spirit Bear might actually be a lot harsher than it seems on first look

and Lycan nerf, Basher buff, Pipe buff

tbh I expected more from a new patch after 3 months, but guess they're also working on DotA 2

gotta give the players more reasons to switch over to DotA 2, I wouldn't expect any more new DotA heroes (especially not after 2 releases).

Then again who knows if DotA 2 will even make it out during 2011. I'm hoping it does though.

beta out in august lads, icefrog said he would continue working on normal dota as well as dota 2, so i'll probably play both.

lycan is an absolute beast early-mid/mid, only sylla can stand up to him, so the slight wolf nerf will probably go a long way.

TB still needs a nerf.

edit: oh yeah and if anyone is in and around the macau/china/hk/tw/jp area and wants to play on garena say so in the thread. we never got a tourney going afaaik so next best thing?

I wouldn't expect any more new DotA heroes
well Icefrog did change Shadow Demon's model a few patches back saying that the old model would be used for a different hero so I guess we'll see at least one more new one

anyway so DotA 2 will be out this year, even for Macs, and I'm sure most of you guys already heard over a week ago that Valve announced a DotA 2 tournament with the biggest prize in any eSports competition to date, that of 1 million dollars; more info on the main site. only one week now until it starts, very excited for this

i don't get how they can have a tourney on an unreleased game for a 1,000,000 dollar cash prize 9.9? have the players been grinding the beta? is it just a normal wc3 dota tourney?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)