Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

rip to the church and lands
from this week on I'll be very strict w/ deadlines. players are expected to complete their games and managers are expected to send lineups before the deadline. games after the deadline will be voided, while lineups will be reused
PLAYER RECORDS SHEET | PUBLIC SCHEDULE SHEET (courtesy of big pichu)

Santalune Storms (6) vs (1) Paldea Cratermakers

SV: Paraplegic vs Arcticblast
SV: YoBuddy vs Zeal
SV: Enzonana. vs jonas
DUU: Actuarily vs Frixel
SS: Shadowmonstr7 vs Animus
SM: GenOne vs Tman
XY: SingleThunder vs zee
BW: DaWoblefet vs smudgerox

Tohjo Tramplers (3) vs (5) Spikemuth Spectral Thieves

SV: Yuichi vs zoe
SV: luisin vs robjr
SV: papiloco vs JRL
DUU: bage1 vs EternalSnowman
SS: tyo vs emma
SM: MajorBowman vs Croven
XY: Spurrific vs Grandmas Cookin
BW: Memoric vs Mishimono

Slateport City Sp_ndas (7) vs (1) Snowpoint City Cold Crew

SV: Mizuhime vs Sanjay das
SV: Hys vs Chris32156
SV: avarice vs Fangame10
DUU: Eisenherz vs AIRedzone
SS: GasaiYunoSan vs Ninja
SM: Nails vs SMB
XY: Xrn vs Amaranth
BW: Mako vs Akaru Kokuyo

Rustboro Baptist Church (4) vs (4) Browbeat Lands
SV: Lemurro vs Tenzai
SV: ratpacker vs Nephtyrix
SV: kaori vs Ann
DUU: big pichu vs Hugo
SS: Noelle vs Voltix
SM: Yellow Paint vs Meminger21
XY: Nido-Rus vs talkingtree
BW: DaAwesomeDude1 vs eragon11145

The deadline for this round is Monday, April 24 01:00 GMT+1
Activity losses and late schedulers will be punished by marks of shame!​

Last edited:

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Playoff Scenarios: What does YOUR team need to make Playoffs?
DPL IX

The 100% Cutoff this year is 9
1681702860197.png

Sp_ndas
  • :boatogostandode:

Cold Crew
  • If the Cold Crew win against the Sp_ndas:
  • If the Cold Crew tie against the Sp_ndas:
  • If the Cold Crew lose against the Sp_ndas, all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • Cold Crew lose the series 2-6 or worse
    • Storms vs Cratermakers series ends in a tie
    • The Tramplers win against the Spectral Thieves
    • If Storms vs Cratermakers tie, Tramplers win 5-3, and the Cold Crew lose 3-5 then that will result in a 4 way tiebreak.
Storms
  • If the Storms win against the Cratermakers
  • If the Storms tie against the Cratermakers all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • Cold Crew tie or beat the Sp_ndas
    • Tramplers beat the Thieves 6-2 or better
    • The Storms CANNOT be fully eliminated with a tie, as they will have the exact same record as the Cratermakers still
    • If Tramplers beat the Thieves 5-3 or cold crew lose to sp_ndas 3-5 then that will result in a bigger tiebreak
  • If the Storms lose against the Cratermakers any of the following CANNOT happen:
    • Tramplers beat the Thieves
    • The Tramplers and Thieves series ends in a tie AND Storms lose 2-6 or worse
    • The Thieves beat the Tramplers in a way that passes Storms in differential (Thieves win 5-3 and Storm lose 2-6 or Thieves win 6-2 or better)
    • If Storms lose 3-5 and the Tramplers vs. Thieves series ends in a tie or 5-3 Thieves win then that will result in a tiebreak
Cratermakers
  • If the Cratermakers win against the Storms
  • If the Cratermakers tie against the Storms all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • The Cratermakers CANNOT be fully eliminated with a tie, as they will have the exact same record as the Storm still
    • If Tramplers beat the Thieves 5-3 or cold crew lose to sp_ndas 3-5 then that will result in a bigger tiebreak
  • If the Cratermakers lose against the Storms any of the following CANNOT happen:
    • The Tramplers and Thieves series ends in a tie AND Cratermakers lose 2-6 or worse
    • The Thieves beat the Tramplers in a way that passes Cratermakers in differential (Thieves win 5-3 and Cratermakers lose 2-6 or Thieves win 6-2 or better)
    • If Cratermakers lose 3-5 and the Tramplers vs. Thieves series ends in a tie or 5-3 Thieves win then that will result in a tiebreak
Tramplers
  • If the Tramplers win against the Thieves all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • Tramplers only win 5-3
    • Cold Crew series results in a score of 3-5 or better for the Cold Crew
    • Storms vs. Cratermakers ends in a tie
    • any of the above happening would result in a tiebreak the Tramplers CANNOT be fully eliminated if they win
  • If the Tramplers tie against the Thieves the following CANNOT happen:
    • The Storms and Cratermakers series ends in a tie
    • If the Storms and Cratermakers series ends in a score of 5-3 for either team that will result in a tiebreak
  • If the Tramplers lose against the Thieves:
    • They cannot qualify for Playoffs
Thieves
  • If the Thieves win against the Tramplers the following CANNOT happen:
    • Storms vs. Cratermakers series ends in a tie
    • If The Storms vs. Cratermakers don't end in a tie and the Thieves DO NOT pass the losing team in differential (win 5-3 while Storms/Cratermakers lose at least 2-6 or the Thieves win 6-2.) then this will result in a tiebreak
  • If the Thieves tie against the Tramplers:
  • If the Thieves lose against the Tramplers:

I am tired and dumb so hopefully this all makes sense and I didn't make any mistakes, if you notice anything I should change feel free to let me know and I will edit my post. S/o Luthier since I for the most part ripped his formatting

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Playoff Scenarios: What does YOUR team need to make Playoffs?
DPL IX

The 100% Cutoff this year is 9
View attachment 508346

Sp_ndas

Cold Crew
  • If the Cold Crew win against the Sp_ndas:
  • If the Cold Crew tie against the Sp_ndas:
  • If the Cold Crew lose against the Sp_ndas, all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • Cold Crew lose the series 2-6 or worse
    • Storms vs Cratermakers series ends in a tie
    • The Tramplers win against the Spectral Thieves
    • If Storms vs Cratermakers tie, Tramplers win 5-3, and the Cold Crew lose 3-5 then that will result in a 4 way tiebreak.
Storms
  • If the Storms win against the Cratermakers
  • If the Storms tie against the Cratermakers all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • The Storms CANNOT be fully eliminated with a tie, as they will have the exact same record as the Cratermakers still
  • If the Storms lose against the Cratermakers any of the following CANNOT happen:
    • The Tramplers and Thieves series ends in a tie AND Storms lose 2-6 or worse
    • The Thieves beat the Tramplers in a way that passes Storms in differential (Thieves win 5-3 and Storm lose 2-6 or Thieves win 6-2 or better)
    • If Storms lose 3-5 and the Tramplers vs. Thieves series ends in a tie or 5-3 Thieves win then that will result in a tiebreak
Cratermakers
  • If the Cratermakers win against the Storms
  • If the Cratermakers tie against the Storms all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • The Cratermakers CANNOT be fully eliminated with a tie, as they will have the exact same record as the Storm still
  • If the Cratermakers lose against the Storms any of the following CANNOT happen:
    • The Tramplers and Thieves series ends in a tie AND Cratermakers lose 2-6 or worse
    • The Thieves beat the Tramplers in a way that passes Cratermakers in differential (Thieves win 5-3 and Cratermakers lose 2-6 or Thieves win 6-2 or better)
    • If Cratermakers lose 3-5 and the Tramplers vs. Thieves series ends in a tie or 5-3 Thieves win then that will result in a tiebreak
Tramplers
  • If the Tramplers win against the Thieves all of the following CANNOT happen simultaneously:
    • Tramplers only win 5-3
    • Cold Crew series results in a score of 3-5 or better for the Cold Crew
    • Storms vs. Cratermakers ends in a tie
    • any of the above happening would result in a tiebreak the Tramplers CANNOT be fully eliminated if they win
  • If the Tramplers tie against the Thieves the following CANNOT happen:
    • The Storms and Cratermakers series ends in a tie
    • If the Storms and Cratermakers series ends in a score of 5-3 for either team that will result in a tiebreak
  • If the Tramplers lose against the Thieves:
Thieves
  • If the Thieves win against the Tramplers the following CANNOT happen:
    • Storms vs. Cratermakers series ends in a tie
    • If The Storms vs. Cratermakers don't end in a tie and the Thieves DO NOT pass the losing team in differential (win 5-3 while Storms/Cratermakers lose at least 2-6 or the Thieves win 6-2.) then this will result in a tiebreak
  • If the Thieves tie against the Tramplers:
  • If the Thieves lose against the Tramplers:

I am tired and dumb so hopefully this all makes sense and I didn't make any mistakes, if you notice anything I should change feel free to let me know and I will edit my post. S/o Luthier since I for the most part ripped his formatting
You said we wasn't gonna make the playoffs like 2 weeks ago. Why should anyone believe any of these monkeys coming from you?

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Probably the last of me doing SS predicts. After going 3/3 again last week my predictions are now up to 87%

Shadowmonstr7 vs Animus - Shadow has not been doing as well the past couple weeks and I really hope to see him go outside of his comfort zone this week because the usual type of teams he likes haven't been working anymore. While he does well with his offensive teams it's a very obvious playstyle bring and when faced against a player of similar or better skill he hasn't been able to outplay the matchup with it. Animus is a player who is really good and I expect the same thing to happen here. Obviously going out of comfort zone is risky but I hope to see it since 1. It's boring seeing shadow using shadows kind of signature style every week and 2. it could catch Animus off guard and get matchup. Animus has been doing very well lately going 5-0 since losing to Star week 1. Week 1 I think Animus had a pretty bad team choice bringing a somewhat obvious pick into someone who has being supported by me, since then his team choices have been kind of teams you'd expect from Animus but he's kept the style varied enough that it's not obvious what he brings and his play has been able to outplay any of the less favourable matchups. I will be predicting Animus as I've liked his team choices and play better and he has seemed pretty unstoppable after the week 1 loss.

tyo vs emma - I'm really surprised and confused to see emma here in the must win week for the Thieves. She's 1-1 in SS but also talks about how busy she is all the time and I doubt has been that active, sure Zoe lost last week but losing to now 5-1 Animus is expected and not a reason I would lineup shuffle. Tyo brought my favourite team I've built last week and played well keeping it undefeated in team tours so great job tyo. I've always been high on him and after some rough weeks of being against some of the best competition in the tour he was able to play great for his second win to go 2-2 in SS. I rate tyo higher has a player than emma but if there's one thing emma has an advantage on it's teambuilding and prep since tyo doesn't really build at all. I don't think emma will be able to fully utilize this advantage though as she's busy and I don't think has built for SS much since scl either so wouldn't be surprised if she just picks a team off of scout. Bolding tyo because he's usually the better player and I don't think emma will be at full power when it comes to prep which is her strength.

Noelle vs Voltix - This game doesn't matter for either team so there's a chance we could just see complete meme teams but I actually don't think that'll happen here. Noelle has had a tough season going 0-3, she hasn't looked bad in her games just a step below her opponents, the Church themselves are also currently 0-6 at ss without a single win. Voltix has not played SS this tour and honestly I don't remember them playing SS much at all in the past couple years, their team tour record also isn't great. Like I said earlier I don't think Noelle has been that bad and I expect her experience in SS to give her an edge here and win the game.

I'm proud and honored to say I'm back at 33% accuracy, and I sincerely apologize to the friends I've predicted in favor of - it never works out well for them. Therefore for this last week, I am aiming for 66% or better in the hopes that in some way I can help manifest some wins for those who've helped me test and build.

DUU: bage1 vs. EternalSnowman

This is a must-win matchup for both players, and I hope to see both players go all-out in prep (hmu for practice btw). EternalSnowman is a great player whose piloting skill matches bagel's, but bagel definitely has the edge in the builder. He's varied his team structures quite a bit over the past few weeks to quite a bit of success; last week's sand was different from anything we've seen so far, and bagel has shown that he can pilot and handle weather teams quite well. EternalSnowman took a risk bringing Pincurchin last week knowing that Frixel had high usage of Jugulis and Valiant, and proved my skepticism wrong with an impressive win. I do think that this game will be closer than anything we've seen in the last few weeks, and I hope that ESM is getting sufficient teambuilding support to make this as exciting as possible.

DUU: Actuarily vs. Frixel

Smudge asked me to bold Actuarily and Frixel asked me not to bold him again, so here we are. On a more serious note, Actuarily has suffered from exceptionally bad luck in the last two weeks, but I do think he needs to make better choices in the builder. Since both teams need to tie at a minimum to ensure a chance at playoffs, this is one slot that the Storms will fight hard in given the Cratermakers' success in the SV slots. Frixel's earlier teams had a great variety to them; I think he needs to bring back the surprise factor and combine it with solid plays to beat Actuarily.

CAPN HUGO LOCKED AND LOADED o7
Both teams are out at this point, but I expect both these players to go all-out for a dramatic finish. I'm tipping this prediction in favor of my streamer buddy because while Pichu has the stronger building ideas, Hugo is a great pilot and has the skill to outplay even in bad matchups. I wonder what funny mon we'll be seeing this week :bellipog:

DUU: Eisenherz vs. AIDeadzone
Players with no scout scare the hell out of me. I think I will just bring my week *redacted* team and hope for the best :smogduck:

Other Assorted Predicts:

SV: ratpacker vs. Nephtyrix
High chance to kill
Go Europe!

SV: Enzonana vs. jonas
Westies besties <3

SS: Shadowmonstr7 vs. Animus
Ninja halted Shadow's near-flawless run last week, and I defer to Z Strats's judgment here with regards to Animus's prowess. Go The Jerk!

BW: dad1 vs. eragon11145
Who tf leaked?? It shouldn't be physically possible to beat dad1, though if the impossible were to be accomplished it would make sense that eragon would be the one to do it.

To all the teams: DPL has been incredibly exciting so far, let's all give it our best this week!
(except Sp*ndas)

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Since this is the end for the tour for us (the Lands) I thought I would make an ending post or whatever you wanna call it. I really wanna give a big thanks to my team and especially to eragon11145 , MADARAAAA and Nephtyrix . Sadly I haven't played/tested a whole lot with the older gens players but it wouldn't surprise me if I have 40+ hours in testing with these 3 people and I think we made a great team during the tournament and I still think we make a great team outside of that and ofcourse I want to give a big big thanks to Tenzai for being the one who drafted me. While you maybe got a bit late to the party (for valid reasons) I still think you did great as a manager and I am ofcourse thankful for the chance you gave me and I hope I showed that I was worth the 3K. Again I haven't talked/tested to much with the old gen players but again you guys did great and I want to thank you guys for that. I myself did mainly support during this DPL and I truly hoped it helped or atleast brought you guys something and I hope ive been a good presence for the team during the time I didn't play myself or helped others :) While we had some rougher moments during the tour I am still happy I played and I never the less really enjoyed it. I hope to see everyone in the next DPL again and hopefully I can also partake in that one. So far the thing I probably said the most during the tour is: "If anyone wants to test or practice feel free to @ me" and that still goes even outside of the tournament and especially for you 3 (era, madara and neth) but also ofc for the rest of the team I am happy to support you with whatever even outside of the tour and I suppose that goes also for everyone who partook in the tour (but ofc this goes out to my own team the most) :)

TLDR; Thanks for the opportunity, I hope I showed that I was worth the 3K and while it was sometimes rough I still really enjoyed it a lot never the less.

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm proud and honored to say I'm back at 33% accuracy, and I sincerely apologize to the friends I've predicted in favor of - it never works out well for them. Therefore for this last week, I am aiming for 66% or better in the hopes that in some way I can help manifest some wins for those who've helped me test and build.

DUU: bage1 vs. EternalSnowman

This is a must-win matchup for both players, and I hope to see both players go all-out in prep (hmu for practice btw). EternalSnowman is a great player whose piloting skill matches bagel's, but bagel definitely has the edge in the builder. He's varied his team structures quite a bit over the past few weeks to quite a bit of success; last week's sand was different from anything we've seen so far, and bagel has shown that he can pilot and handle weather teams quite well. EternalSnowman took a risk bringing Pincurchin last week knowing that Frixel had high usage of Jugulis and Valiant, and proved my skepticism wrong with an impressive win. I do think that this game will be closer than anything we've seen in the last few weeks, and I hope that ESM is getting sufficient teambuilding support to make this as exciting as possible.

DUU: Actuarily vs. Frixel

Smudge asked me to bold Actuarily and Frixel asked me not to bold him again, so here we are. On a more serious note, Actuarily has suffered from exceptionally bad luck in the last two weeks, but I do think he needs to make better choices in the builder. Since both teams need to tie at a minimum to ensure a chance at playoffs, this is one slot that the Storms will fight hard in given the Cratermakers' success in the SV slots. Frixel's earlier teams had a great variety to them; I think he needs to bring back the surprise factor and combine it with solid plays to beat Actuarily.

CAPN HUGO LOCKED AND LOADED o7
Both teams are out at this point, but I expect both these players to go all-out for a dramatic finish. I'm tipping this prediction in favor of my streamer buddy because while Pichu has the stronger building ideas, Hugo is a great pilot and has the skill to outplay even in bad matchups. I wonder what funny mon we'll be seeing this week :bellipog:

DUU: Eisenherz vs. AIDeadzone
Players with no scout scare the hell out of me. I think I will just bring my week *redacted* team and hope for the best :smogduck:

Other Assorted Predicts:

SV: ratpacker vs. Nephtyrix
High chance to kill
Go Europe!

SV: Enzonana vs. jonas
Westies besties <3

SS: Shadowmonstr7 vs. Animus
Ninja halted Shadow's near-flawless run last week, and I defer to Z Strats's judgment here with regards to Animus's prowess. Go The Jerk!

BW: dad1 vs. eragon11145
Who tf leaked?? It shouldn't be physically possible to beat dad1, though if the impossible were to be accomplished it would make sense that eragon would be the one to do it.

To all the teams: DPL has been incredibly exciting so far, let's all give it our best this week!
(except Sp*ndas)
idk man the team im planning to bring is a little questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)