DP Gliscor

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gliscor
I have tested this set on shoddy battle and it has been working great so far. This set aims to use Gliscor's often over-looked 95 base speed and its game breaking ability: Sand Veil, to its fullest potential.

[Set] name: Toxic Staller
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Roost
move 4: Earthquake / Taunt / Baton Pass
item: BrightPowder / Leftovers
nature: Jolly
ability: Sand Veil
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[Set Comments]
<p> This set should be used during a sandstorm to take full advantage of Sand Veil. Once a Sandstorm kicks in, Gliscor's evasion will increase to a phenomenal 20% due to Sand Veil (28% with BrightPowder). With the addition of BrightPowder, Sand Veil, and Substitute, this set should annoy your opponent all day. </p>

<p> Leftovers is not a necessity on this set as you have Roost to recover your health, but it is a good option nevertheless. With BrightPowder and Sand Veil it should be easy to set up a substitute. Now you can stall with Toxic, by alternating between Roost and Substitute when necessary. Earthquake helps deal with Steel- and Poison-types, who are immune to Toxic and prevents this set from be useless against opposing Taunters. </p>

<p> Earthquake can be replaced with Taunt to shut down clerics and Rest-talkers, but this leaves you walled by Poison- and Steel-types. If you choose to run this set with Toxic Spikes support, Toxic should be replaced with Taunt or Baton Pass. Baton Pass is another useful option in the last moveslot as it prevents this set from being completely walled by Skarmory and Bronzong. Baton Pass can also help Gliscor become more of a team player.</p>

<p> This set runs enough speed to tie with max Speed positive natured base 95s, and outruns max Speed neutral natured base 100s. Maximum Speed is crucial to this set, as Gliscor needs to be able to Substitute before the opponent attacks in order to effectively stall. Maximum HP is recommended so it can still act as a physical wall of sorts. </p>

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gliscor
I have tested this set on shoddy battle and it has been working great so far. This set aims to use Gliscor's often over-looked 95 base speed and its game breaking ability: Sand Veil, to its fullest potential.

[Set] name: Toxic Staller
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Toxic / Baton Pass
move 3: Roost
move 4: Earthquake
item: BrightPowder / Leftovers
nature: Jolly
ability: Sand Veil
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[Set Comments]
<p> This set should be used during a sandstorm to take full advantage of Sand Veil. Once a Sandstorm kicks in, Gliscor's evasion will increase to a phenomal 20% due to Sand Veil (28% with BrightPowder). With the addition of BrightPowder, Sand Veil, and Substitute, this set should annoy your opponent all day. <p>

<p> Leftovers is not a necessity on this set as you have Roost to recover your health, but it is a good option nevertheless. With BrightPowder and Sand Veil it should be easy to set up a Substitute. Now you can stall with Toxic, by alternating between Roost and Substitute when necessary. Earthquake helps deal with Steel- and Poison-types, who are immune to Toxic, and prevents this set from be useless against opposing Taunters. <p>

<p> This set runs enough speed to tie with max Speed positive natured base 95s, and outruns max Speed neutral natured base 100s. Maximum Speed is crucial to this set, as Gliscor needs to be able to Substitute before the opponent attacks in order to effectively stall. Maximum HP is recommended so it can still act as a physical wall of sorts. <p>

<p> Toxic is the recommended option here, but Baton Pass can be used to make Gliscor more of a team player and can help give a safe switch to a frail sweeper, or set up a sweep. <p>
Isn't BrightPowder banned in standard play? Perhaps Leftovers should be emphasized.

I don't think it is... plenty of Garchomp ran Substitute and Brightpowder until Yache Berry became mainstream... people complained about it but it was never banned as far as I can tell.

Hax items are not banned from ladder matches, nor under any of the clauses in Shoddy. (just saying this cause Skiddle doesn't look 100% positive :p)

Also, you need to turn all the <p> at the end of paragraphs to </p>

Also, how does Baton Pass help replaces Toxic? If this is a Toxistalling set, Toxic should be on it (unless you have toxic spikes support, which you didn't mention)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Phenomonal > Phenomal

I'm not completely clear on this, but I believe Pokemon should be referred to as "which" not "who." Humans are the only things supposed to be referred to as "who" (or so I've been taught)... Is there a definite rule on this or does it not matter?

panamaxis

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have corrected the grammatical mistakes in the analysis and I deleted Baton Pass on the set as this is primarily a Toxic stalling set, maybe it could be put in other options, I'm not sure on this.

[Edit]: Changed Phenomenal's spelling and changed "which" back to "who"

Phenomonal > Phenomal

I'm not completely clear on this, but I believe Pokemon should be referred to as "which" not "who." Humans are the only things supposed to be referred to as "who" (or so I've been taught)... Is there a definite rule on this or does it not matter?
Phenomenal actually.

According to the grammar thread, 'who' is preferred, and it's more consistent with the site, which generally uses 'who'.

Oh, and thanks, RBG and skiddle. ^_^

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As for brightpowder, there is no precedent of banning items from standard play. All items that are implemented on shoddy are allowed, so thats really a non-issue.

Taunt needs to be an option over Earthquake so that you can actually beat things that have Rest or otherwise don't give a shit about Toxic (Celebi and Blissey can easily wall this set by just switching and Recover/Softboiling).

panamaxis

I've added a paragraph about the Taunt option and also mentioned that this set would work well with Toxic Spikes support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)