Rejected DPP Acupressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
LMAOO YALL ARE CRAZY.

In my 16 years of playing dpp, over 500,000 DPP games played, and thousands of teams built across NU, UU, OU, and Ubers - I can actually say that not once have I EVER encountered this shit being used.

But, I support the cabal lmao. Ban that dogshit.

And let's get rid of fucking rock resist berry too while we're at it. Just because. Fuck it.

Last edited:
IN ALL SERIOUSNESS

is this move common? absolutely not. is it very viable? a little bit. can it cheese someone? yeah. even though a user of more advanced age like stone_cold has not seen it, validly so, should it be banned? yeah. why? moves that boost evasion should not be allowed. quality of life change. we've done similar ones in the past (swagger, sand veil, etc).

EDIT:
Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 11.42.34 PM.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1686293714

Last edited:

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
I think at this point there should be a PR thread about the whole "uncompetitive stuff no one is using" question, decide a policy (basically choosing between banning or keeping them) and just apply it, I think it would be easier to do that rather than having a thread for each of acupressure/focus band/whatever else in each generation lol. To me this just feels like this is the same thing over and over again

Can't support this, at all. Yes, it's "Evasion" but it's not the same as Double Team, which every single Mon (which includes all of the already good ones without it) gets. It's a move learned by 4 unranked Mons. It might influence the outcome of 1 important Tournament game out of like 10000. If you are really worried about the luck element, you would do something about Jirachi (most used DPP Mon) first, Iron Head repeated flinches influence the outcome of important games way more often than Acupressure Evasion boosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)