Every Pokemon Seen In The Journeys Anime

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Sorry for the double-post, but I had an idea.

Thoughts on factoring in Secrets of the Jungle/Koko and any other movies released during Gen 8's lifespan? They are part of the anime continuity by virtue of Ash existing, and it may very well be our only prominent sight of Pokemon like Zarude in animated media. What do you think, should I do it?

Sorry for the double-post, but I had an idea.

Thoughts on factoring in Secrets of the Jungle/Koko and any other movies released during Gen 8's lifespan? They are part of the anime continuity by virtue of Ash existing, and it may very well be our only prominent sight of Pokemon like Zarude in animated media. What do you think, should I do it?
I say keep a separate list, just because i'd be interested in what appeared in the series proper.

I could see Zarude showing up in the anime at some point, though. Magearna, Marshadow and Zeraora all did and, hey, Zarude does briefly show up in the new opening when not every mythical did.

e: Looking through all the mythics in the main series...
Mew: Obviously, kind of important
Celebi: I feel like this thing had like 3 separate fillers around it
Jirachi: A BW episode that I do not remember at all
Deoxys: Had a random filler in DP where everyone got separated, in addition to the 2-part Ranger episodes in AG
Phione: Had an episode in DP
Manaphy: Showed up in some fantasies in a SM episode, plus the weird world of pokemon thing they did for the recent Mewtwo episode if we want to count that. ...kind of feels like a POkemon that'd have its own episode at some point.
Darkrai: The Cresselia vs Darkrai episode in DP and, of course...Tobias.
Shaymin: The Marley episode
Arceus: Never appeared in the anime, though the red chains surrounding Dialga/Palkia do resemble Arceus' mandala
Victini: Never appeared in the anime
Keldeo: Never appeared in the anime
Meloetta: Had an entire arc devoted to it
Genesect: The Genesect Army showed up in a flashback sequence when N stumbls on the lab they broke out of.
Diancie: Never appeared in the anime.
Hoopa: Only made an appearence in the same world of Pokemon thing Manaphy did.
Volcanion: Never appeared in the anime
Magearna: Had a subplot in the SM anime
Marshadow: Showed up briefly in a Rotomdex episode where it got lost and couldnt Identify it
Zeraora: The Dia Episodes in SM
Meltan, Melmetal: ASh literally owns them.

Feels like more often than not, mythics show up in the anime at some point.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Shaymin: The Marley episode
And, you know, Mallow temporarily caring for one.

Curious if they'll use the one Ash encountered in the movies or make them new members of the species. Notable for:

Manaphy: Now, I can totally see there being multiple Manaphy, though then again I think for a May cameo episode it would be pretty sweet if they had one where they had them meet Manaphy again (and maybe also the Marine Group).
Shaymin: If they do the above they'll have no reason for why not Mallow's Shaymin could make a quick return, or vice versa.
Arceus: He's god so hard for there to be more than one of him, and they can't have a time travel plot because Ash met Arceus in the past too (unless they want Ash to go even further back)! Maybe they can have a plot where Sheena and Kevin need a trainer a trainer not close to them to help out so ask for Ash (who of course brings Goh along) and probably at the end Arceus shows up (maybe make it about how they discovered the existence of the Fairy Plate but it's being kept deep inside a museum, they tried but failed to steal it, and need Ash (and Goh) to give another attempt stealing it.
Victini: Probably multiple, but at the end of the movie Victini finally got its freedom and so to show this having Victini suddenly show up again would be nice. Doesn't really need to even have anyone from its movie to come back, Victini formed a strong bond with Ash during that movie so that alone should be enough to justify it (heck, and now that Ash had a Melmetal, would it be really that crazy if maybe they had Victini continue hanging around Ash (but not capture, feel that would kind of defeat the purpose of its movie; it'll still be wild and allowed to come & go as it pleases) for the rest of journey and maybe even use it?).
Keldeo: Probably multiple, but the Keldeo Ash & co. helped has a connection with Ash and already has access to its Resolute Forme so we don't need to repeat that plot of helping Keldeo get its resolute form. Heck, maybe if they have some episodes based on the Crowned Tundra maybe have that where Keldeo and the other Swords of Justices reappear saying they came all the way there to train (maybe connect it to the tree).
Meloetta: Nice for it to make a reappearance with Ridley.
Genesect Army: Ash knows where they are and would be easier to visit them then have another Genesect be created.
Diancie: Multiples could exist, though why make one when you already have one where Ash knows where to visit (along with a group of royal Carbink knights with distinct facial features). Though if they do bring it back maybe also have Serena and/or Bonnie cameo since they were the ones who bonded with it more than Ash.
Hoopa: Could have multiple, but Ash knows where one is. And with Hoopa able to teleport and/or summon other beings to where it is should be no problem to create a problem Hoopa needs help with so goes to/grabs Ash (and likely Goh following close behind).
Magearna (& Volcanion): Because we have Lillie's Magearna we can focus on that one, at most maybe be neat for Lillie's Magearna could meet with the movie Magearna (which would of course bring in movie Volcanion, maybe also Kimia). However if we just stick with Lillie's Magearna they could bring in a new Volcanion.

Otherwise all the other Mythic they can have being new members of the species.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Episode 1140: The Great Farfetch'd Trial! has aired today

New Pokemon Seen In This Episode:
Golem
Pupitar
Spinda
Lunatone
Gallade
Gurdurr

Another one of those episodes with a very scattered assortment of new additions. Shame we didn't get to add Sirfetch'd... woulda been epic

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Episode 1141:Hands-On Agriculture Studies! Where is Diglett?! has aired today

Sandslash
Drilbur

yeah that's it lol. Wonder when we'll get an episode with absolutely 0 new mons if ever. Anyways cya next week

I think these are the current percentages (taking gen 1 as 100% as a given)

Seen​
Unseen​
Total​
% seen​
Gen 2​
60​
40​
100​
60​
Gen 3​
51​
84​
135​
38​
Gen 4​
26​
81​
107​
24​
Gen 5​
27​
129​
156​
17​
Gen 6​
15​
57​
72​
21​
Gen 7​
19​
69​
88​
21​
Gen 8​
17​
70​
87​
19​

I do think we'll see everyone in gen 8, at least.
Been about 4 months, so let's have a check in. This time including gen 1 because I wanted to see how close it was to the end.

Seen​
Unseen​
Total​
% Seen​
Gen 1​
129​
22​
151​
85%​
Gen 2​
66​
34​
100​
66%​
Gen 3​
63​
72​
135​
47%​
Gen 4​
32​
75​
107​
30%​
Gen 5​
49​
107​
156​
31%​
Gen 6​
23​
49​
72​
32%​
Gen 7​
28​
60​
88​
32%​
Gen 8​
33​
56​
89​
37%​

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Episode 1143: Sobble In Possible! has aired today

Drizzile
Inteleon

Damn, they're getting stingy now, huh? At least the Inteleon family is now complete...
I got a bad feeling that they will end up dropping the ball at that rate. We might not even be able to see any of the Grookey line at the end of the season, unless I missed something.

I also expected that all 151 of Kanto Pokémon be shown earlier than later, but it will come. Also very surprised that Johto Pokémon remained second place in term of total Pokémon seen so far in the Journeys Anime!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Episode 1147: Panic! Gulpin Balls! / Come On, Chewtle Turtle Race has aired today

Alakazam
Gulpin
Torkoal
Grotle
Torterra
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Turtonator

Now that's the good shit. Praise the episode with the hilarious title for finally giving us a good haul, notably completing the Torterra family!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Episode 1149: Aim to Become Leek Master! Stay With Me, Chivalry!! has aired today

Sirfetch'd

You may be thinking "Oh great, the second one hit wonder in a row?" and normally you'd be right to be frustrated, but in this case it makes sense because Sirfetch'd's sexual energy is just so intense that even a single other new Pokemon would tip the scale and cause viewers to go insane like they just stared at an Elder One head-on.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So uhhh... Guess there's no episode this week. Probably still have to recover from the Sirfetch'd-induced delirium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)