[Experimental] Metroid Prime Mafia-Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Approved by a duo of Gmax and Mekkah (Double the quantity, double the quality!)
Hosted by UncleSam and Agape

Welcome to Tallon IV. Should you successfully land on the planet, your intentions may become more clear. For now, here are a few guidelines (nah jk, these are rules that you kinda have to follow or I will tell Spiffy to talk to you for ten whole minutes. No one has ever been known to survive this form of torture):

Rules (Written from scratch):

1. This game will cycle between Day/Night cycles like other mafia games. The game will start on Night 0, and no kills of any kind will occur on Night 0. You may not share any part of your Role PM with other players during Night 0, with the exception of Roles mentioned specifically in your Role PM. However, the Day cycles will have two parts to them. For a more detailed explanation see…
2. The Lynches will be based off of what I call the “Primary System”. The first 40-56 hours of a Day cycle will be dedicated to “nominating” users to be Lynched. Each person who votes MUST, IN BOLD label three votes, IN ORDER. An example would be:
1. Lynch Spiffy
2. Lynch Agape
3. No Lynch
The user voted first will receive 3 nomination votes, second will receive 2, and third will receive 1. Any other format will not be counted (one may substitute something humorous for each entry, but you must label it clearly with a number AND bold it, or else it will not be counted). No Lynch may only be one of your three votes. At Deadline, the three users with the most votes will be “nominated”. Again, No Lynch can only be one of the three users nominated. Exact Deadlines will be determined by an RNG prior to each Day cycle, and I may call Deadline retroactively if both Agape and I cannot get on at the exact Deadline time-this is to avoid stealth lynching. After three users are nominated, there will be a 24 hour PMing stage wherein each user with an item may PM me a vote for one of the three nominated users. Please send this PM with the user you wish to vote for in the title, preferably titled “DX-Vote for <user>”. Each user has a “Lynch Affects” section of his or her Role PM, which will tell one what will happen to one should one be Lynched in each possible position of first, second, and third. One may also abstain from voting in either Lynch. Should a tie occur in the PMing stage that does not fall under one of my self-set tiebreakers, both users will be evaluated as if they were voted in the lower position. Should a tie occur in the nominations stage, the person who was voted first on the most ballots will be nominated, and if tied there, whoever was voted second on the most ballots. If they are exactly even in all respects I will nominate the user from the team with fewer total casualties up to that point; if they are on the same team, I will just flip a coin. Note that this only matters in the case of a tie for third. Should no one vote in the nomination stage, I will godkill all of you, since I don’t have a tiebreaker set up for that. Some votes of yours may be null, and if they are, the null votes will not affect your other votes in the nomination stage. Also note that votes are affected by Locations, which are explained…
3. There are six locations in this game: Tallon Overworld, Chozo Ruins, Magmoor Caverns, Phazon Mines, Phendrana Drifts, and Impact Crater. Each user starts out in a specific Location, as indicated in his or her Role PM. Locations will not be revealed at any time, except to the specific user to whom the Location refers. Should one attempt to use a vote or ability on a user in a Location that is either not in one’s own Location OR in an adjacent Location, the vote/ability will fail. Should one use an ability on a user in an adjacent Location, one will succeed AND move to that Location. Should one use a vote on a user in an adjacent Location, one will not move to that Location, but it will succeed. Any abilities or votes used on a user in one’s current Location will succeed, but one will not move to a different Location. The adjacent Locations of each area are:
Adjacent to Tallon Overworld: Chozo Ruins, Magmoor Caverns, Phazon Mines, Impact Crater.
Adjacent to Chozo Ruins: Tallon Overworld.
Adjacent to Magmoor Caverns: Tallon Overworld, Phazon Mines, Phendrana Drifts.
Adjacent to Phazon Mines: Tallon Overworld, Magmoor Caverns.
Adjacent to Phendrana Drifts: Magmoor Caverns.
Adjacent to Impact Crater: Tallon Overworld.
These Locations are based on the actual map of Metroid Prime. A game map can be located here if you want to get a visual picture of it. I am most certainly not going to draw an illustration of it myself, but if someone else wants to they are welcome to do so. Locations have no effect on who you may talk to/negotiate with.
4. This game is entirely closed-theme. However, I have supplied starting Location and Role Name fakes to everyone who could possibly need them, and will provide the formatting template I used to standardize each Role PM in the OP.
5. I am human and could possibly have made a mistake…possibly. That being said, I have proofread all of these Roles multiple times, so errors are likely to be few and far between. If you believe there is any type of error in your Role PM, PLEASE contact me during Night 0 about it so I can fix it. An error could be anything ranging from a grammatical error to a paragraph that is out of order. Also remember the implications of me saying this when you are writing your fakes.
6. There are items in this game. During any Night or Day cycle you may send me a PM saying “N/DX-Pass <item> to <user>”. Most items in this game are Artifacts. A full list of the Artifacts can be found here. Additionally, having an Artifact means you can vote in the second, PMing stage. Should a user die with an item, the item will stay on that user’s body, IN MOST CASES. There may be exceptions to this that will not be revealed. Starting items will be revealed as Roles die, but not the items that Role had at time of death.
7. No screenshotting or impersonation of hosts and/or other players. “Duh”.
8. Send all actions to both UncleSam and Agape. ALWAYS send a PM-telling one of us on IRC doesn’t cut it.
9. The hosts are not helping you with your Fake Claims so don’t bother asking us about it. I have provided everyone with all the information they would get from me anyway, and I am not going to act as a grammar checker for everyone.
10. Any questions should be directed to me and/or Agape. You can find us on #TallonIV, #fluodome, or #warau under the nicks “UncleSam” or “Agape”.
11. IRC is absolutely compulsory. During Sign-Ups I expect everyone to get on #TallonIV for at least some period of time so that I can verify you have IRC. As you might have guessed, #TallonIV is the official channel for this game. Those who I know over IRC/have talked to before need not meet this requirement, but if I notice anyone shirking IRC during the game I will sub that person out, regardless of their activity PMing me on the forums.
12. This game contains a large amount of complexity. On this note, new players will probably not like this game. That being said, I can’t stop you from signing up.
13. There are no Mole Roles, Insane/Paranoid/Naïve Inspectors, Hidden Players, or Revivers. Kidnaps are possible, but users are allowed to talk on IRC whilst Kidnapped. Conversions are possible, however, so don’t trust someone just because they were clean three Night cycles ago.
14. Please give me access to all IRC channels/spreadsheets you make for the game. My email is eskielb2003@yahoo.com.
15. You may fake logs if you wish. If you wish to fake a log with a host, just ask one of us.
16. Priorities are not something that we will reveal. Don’t ask us about them.
17. Don’t vote for dead players. If you include a dead player on your ballot, we will discount the entire ballot.
18. If you are dead kindly refrain from speaking to any and all living players. The only exception to this rule is if you have the name of another player in your Role PM.
19. ACTIVITY IS IMPERATIVE. There is a regular 24-hour cycle in this game, as I have explained, so being on every day is important. If I notice you went idle for so much as a day without telling me/your teammates in advance, I WILL sub you out for a first offense. I am unlikely to “nudge” anyone either.
20. 25 Players will be selected for this game.
21. There will be multiple factions in this game. The Win Conditions will not be identical to any factional format previously used for Smogon Mafia. Due to the conflicts in the Win Conditions, it is impossible for more than two factions to win.
22. Needless to say, there are no “harmless” neutrals. All win conditions involve eliminating certain factions. Also remember that just because another faction is not mentioned in your Win Condition, does not mean you are not mentioned in theirs. A corollary to this, of course, is that not everyone who is mentioned in your Win Condition will know they are part of your Win Condition. However, you will be informed of anyone who does not know you have to kill them in your Role PM.
23. I swear to god if anyone breaks any of these rules I will perform horrible satanic rituals with your carcass after I have hunted you down and forcibly inserted a chainsaw up your asshole.
24. Due to the nature of this game, I reserve the right to add to/alter these rules at any time, as I see fit. Don’t bitch about it should I do so. I am not going to do so willy-nilly, however.
25. Don’t whine and bitch if this game isn’t perfectly balanced-it is largely “uncharted territory”, and I honestly am not sure where things will go. That being said, there has been a considerable amount of thought put into allowing every role a roughly equal chance of victory. Keep this in mind during the game-don’t underestimate anyone.

Oh, and please indicate whether or not you have ever played Metroid Prime 1 in your Sign-Up. Feel free to mention if you have played Prime 2 or 3, or one of the other Metroid games, but know that this game is based entirely on Metroid Prime 1.

Those who have confirmed IRC with me are in italics. I will discount any sign ups that do not confirm IRC usage with me or Agape by the end of the sign up period, so make sure to find one of us. I know most of you already anyway. Sign-Ups will be open for a minimum of 24 hours, but could be open as long as 72 hours. That being said don’t complain if I close them after about a day or so-if you can’t get on over a 24-hour period, you shouldn’t be signing up anyway.

At the Landing Site (Bold=Verified; P1 Reserves as far as I am aware):
-DaLetterEl
-askaninjask
-RBG
-reyscarface

Looking good to land (P1):
-THE_IRON_KENYAN
-wickdaggler
-Sledge
-Altair
-zorbees
-Lambasto/Dak
-Nanoswine
-Rodan.
-Nook
-billymills
-Johann
-Kannon
-Thorns
-Coronis
-LightWolf
-RaRe555
-Blue Tornado
-Game Freak201

Landing likelihood unknown (P2 Reserve):
-Eo Ut Mortus
-Lonelyness/Cheesiepoofs
-Veedrock

Running into some turbulence in the stratosphere, may make it; who knows? (P2):
-Phantasia
-Acklow (Sub only)
-Bunnymaster
-danmantincan
-HD
-arcv2
-theangryscientist
-assassinfred
-Aura Guardian

-jigglypuffers42
-vonFiedler
-Staraptor Call
-iiMKUltra
-Spiffy
--TheLucarioEffect-
-Nachos
-Manav95

Air brakes failing, going down in flames (P3):
-Fatecrashers
-LifeAdmiral
-KingEmerald
-AuraPaladin

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
P2 I WANT IN!!!!!

Edit: Errr...I guess that even though I want to be in this game, it seems I may have some difficulties staying active enough to the point where I can play it nearly 24/7 (I have other priorities). I am fully willing to Sub in though.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
conforming

and hopefully eo doesnt get in because he sucks

ive crushed him enough

and i have no metroid experience, unless you count super smash bros for something

P2

Oh, and please indicate whether or not you have ever played Metroid Prime 1 in your Sign-Up. Feel free to mention if you have played Prime 2 or 3, or one of the other Metroid games, but know that this game is based entirely on Metroid Prime 1.

I have played, but very long ago, and I forget most of it.

Oh shit this is complicated dude ._.

Confirming my reservation. I've played through Metroid Prime but it's been awhile, I may run back through it soon because of this.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
p3 This seems fun, I doubt I'll get in though :( I have not played metroid, though I have played as samus in ssb.
Btw I'm good for a sub if you need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)