[Expert] Dog-Eat-Dog Mafia DAK WIN

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Michael Vick and friends go to a dog store and see all of the different dog breeds. "Let's get one of each," says Michael.

Unfortunately, on the way back, carrying 31 dogs, one of them, named Gmax, ran away and got hit by a truck. As you pick up the corpse, you can see that he clearly was:

Sample Role PM said:
Dear Gmax,
You are a Shar Pei.

Woof.

You need to kill the <snip>.
The rest of you weren't so lucky. Michael Vick brought you all to the dogfighting arena in his basement. None of you quite know what to expect from here, but whatever winds up happening, it's not going to be friendly...

---------------------------

Read the rules. I cannot stress this enough. This game is unlike any other that’s been played on this site. You won’t know how to play if you don’t read the rules.

1.) While alive you may talk to whomever you want about whatever you want. While dead you may not talk about the game with alive players. Information can’t be passed from a dead player to a living one, even information that was given to a player before death.

2.) Each player in the game is out for himself, and identical in power (at the start of the game) to every other player.

3.) Every player has a role name and a target. You will be told the role name of your target, but you will not know his or her Smogon identity. Upon death, a user’s role name will be revealed, but his target will not be shown.

4.) Every cycle, each player may send in a PM with a Smogon user they wish to kill. If the Smogon user is their target, that user will die. If the chosen user is not their target, that user will live and he will not be notified of anything.

4.1) The PM should look something like “Cycle X - Killing <user>”. You can add extra flavor in if you’d like (so long as I can still tell it’s a kill); I’ll try to add it in.

5.) If you manage to kill your target, you are assigned a new target. Your new target will be the target of the person you have just killed. The targets are arranged in such a way that there will ideally be only one user left. (That is, if the game contained 3 people, Ding, Bang, and Fung, Ding would need to kill Bang, Bang would need to kill Fung, and Fung would need to kill Ding).

5.1) End-game ties are possible. In this case, a series of tie-breaking procedures will take place. If one user has more hooks/protections left than the other (see rule 6), that user will obviously win. If both users have the same number of hooks and protections, these are the tiebreakers:
  • A.) Number of successful kills
  • B.) Number of successful CPRs (see rule 13)
  • C.) Number of kills of the people killed by each user
  • D.) If you really get this far and it’s still a tie, you’ll share a win with whoever you’re tying with.
6.) Should you successfully kill a target, you will acquire a hook or a protection. You acquire one hook or protection per kill. Hooks and protections may be used at any cycle. Each user has a “counter” of the number of hooks/protections they can use. Every player’s counter starts at zero.

In other words: you get a hook/protection for each kill. It’s one time use, and you get one for each kill you make.

6.1) In order to send in a hook PM, you must PM askaninjask “Cycle X - Stopping <user1> from killing <user2>.” <user2> may be yourself. If <user1>’s target is not <user2>, he will not be hooked. Hooks only stops actions of killing. This lowers your hook/protection counter by one.

6.2) In order to send in a protection PM, you must PM askaninjask “Cycle X - Protecting myself”. You will be immune from kills during that cycle. You may only target yourself with protections. This lowers your hook/protection counter by one.

7.) You can talk to me and paste your conversations. You may also, obviously, fake logs with me or anyone else. Please don’t fake logs about me clarifying a rule. Although it’s not banned, that’s pretty dirty.

8.) There is no lynch in this game.

9.) Each cycle will have a span of 48 hours. Deadlines will be strict, I don’t care if you don’t get your PM in on time. It’s only your loss not to send in a PM.

10.) All users have the same base priority. This entails that you can successfully kill on a night in which you are killed.

11.) No items in this game.

12.) All PMs are to be sent to askaninjask.

COMBINED POWER ROLES
13.) During any cycle, two or more users may join forces and execute one of many Combined Power Roles (CPRs). You may kill, hook or protect, and execute a CPR in the same cycle, however you may only attempt 1 CPR per cycle.

14.) In order to execute a CPR, you and your partner(s) must send in a PM that looks something like this: “Inspecting the win condition of <user> with <friend1> and <friend2>”. You, friend1, and friend2 must all send in the PM, otherwise the action will go through for none of you. If all three users send in a PM, then the results of the inspection will go to all of them.

15.) You cannot do the same CPR with the same group of users two cycles in a row.

16.) The possible CPRs are these:
2 people: Role name inspection (returns the role name of the user you choose).
2 people: Lower priority for a user.
3 people: Target inspection (returns the role name of the kill target of the person you choose).
5 people: Raise priority for all users involved.

Oh, and one added rule that I had assumed but will state clearly anyway:

If all living users manage to kill each other in the same night, the winner will be decided through the tiebreak procedures defined in rule 5.1.

Alive Dogs (in random order):
lambasto
UncleSam
Johann -> Quagsires
reyscarface
Kharozz

Dead dogs:
zorbees - the Malamute

shade - the Rottweiler

Thorns - the Foxhound
Eo Ut Mortus - the Greyhound (killed by hugs)
Veedrock - the Yorkie
billymills - the Cocker Spaniel

Flamestrike - the Dachshund
imperfectluck - the Bichon Frise
Earthworm - the Basset Hound
assassinfred - the Shiba Inu
porygon3 - the Pit Bull
LightWolf - the Bull Dog
Nook - the Havanese (swallowed the key to the lock on his doghouse)
Mekkah - the Bloodhound
Bass - the German Shepherd

Agape - The Schnauzer
theangryscientist - the Pug

Midou - the Husky
Aura Guardian - the Poodle
Crux - the Beagle (bacon tail)
THE_IRON_KENYAN - the Chihuahua

Da Letter El - the Whippet
GoldenKnight - the Collie
Altair - the Terrier
Yeti - the Shih Tsu (bone thrown to the pound)

Sending PMs out now.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Michael Vick comes back from a day of practice and goes down to the basement to check on his dogs. “That’s funny, I was expecting to see more dead dogs.” In fact Vick only sees one dead dog.

“That’s odd...” Michael Vick notices. “There is no bloodstain next to the dog on the floor... He must have absorbently soaked up all of his blood that dropped on the ground!”

This should have come as no surprise to Michael Vick, as the dog who died was:

askaninjask said:
Dear zorbees,
You are a Malamute.

Woof.

You need to kill the <arf>.
“Anyone want some Malamute stew tonight?” asks Michael Vick.

“Definitely,” replied his friends.

Sending out additional PMs now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)