BDSP EXTREME COOL

SUMMERY!! XDD
~
Sup dudeskis now that Gengar is banned and you dont have to run fat blissey or a sp.def scizor that just gets sp.def dropped anyways or a stupid kecleon i was wantin to make a nice extreme sweep team cause now theres basically no immunities to it and its simple and easy for all us smallbrains out there to use and yeah. No, other ghosts dont exist and dont be silly and try to sell me froslass.
~
Cody the Dragonite edit.png

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Banded D-Nite is one of two of the most viable Extreme sweepers in BDSP OU and there's really not much to go over with this Pokemon. The coverage is standard and if you manage to click accordingly you usually can get a kill in ASAP. Against fat teams you wanna try and break through em with the raw power and aforementioned coverage and against frailer teams you wanna try and get it into position for the clean up with ESPEED. It's also my only real water SPAM check because lord knows Crawdaunts keelin over as soon as you nudge his sp.def and somethin like an LO Starmie eats my lunch and id like to at least ESPEED it down to revenge it later. Also checks nape which is neat and Multiscale really makes it a nice emergency blanket check.

lucario ice cream edit.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Extreme Speed

And here's the second most viable e-speeder in the tier. You can either hit hard immediately witha LO STAB or you can go for game with SD. I love love love ending the games with E-SPEED spam but much like D-Nite it can be used to soften things up such as Scizor or Rotom for the rest of the teams benefit. I would LIKE to run Adamant because it powers up e-speed but I kind of have a little trouble getting in on Heatran with this team and I do become VERY embarrassed when im outsped by a timid Heatran. It's also one of my only VERY shaky checks alongside Crawdaunt to a CM spamming defensive clef so uhh try and get in safe and
dont miss
v
jk about the roleplay shit
^
clefable.jpg

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Yessir its fully defensive Unaware Clefable! Your all in one set up sweeper answer. You want rocks? There you go! You wanna lure in steels that arent Heatran and cook them so your espeeders have an easier time? It's Flamethrower time. This ones really important because severely weakening a bulky SD Scizor is always appreciated and plus their BP's usually arent a 2HKO. Clef also serves as a very tantalizing lure for Heatran and I have a lot of offensive answers for Heatran that would love to get in on the obvious Heatran switch. At the same damn time though, getting rocks up is kinda tricky when Heatran is there because switchin into Heatran with anyone here is a bit of a risk. I really cant stress the importance of Unaware though so keeping it healthy with Moonlight is appreciated if your opps got some scary set up sweepers.

crawdaunt.jpg

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Sludge Bomb

The big boy, the craw DADDY. When stall comes knocking he Knocks back HARD. D-nite and Lucario are very strong Pokemon, dont misunderstand me, but when I need a little more flexibility and raw power, I just try and get in Crawdaunt. His entire job is to create holes in fatter teams so my other threats can punch through and you gotta be able to make every turn count, especially against fat, because LO and his frailty means you dont want him taking a hit and losing you opportunities to punch through since LO is takin its toll. Sludge Bomb is there mostly for Tangrowth as it kills after a Knock Off. Sometimes though AJ is used to revenge or soften up stuff so e-speed from other threats are able to kill.

Gliscor sprite.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Protect

I'm a little iffy on this set, honestly, but it's been ok so far. I chose SD so it's not too passive against fatter threats. Facade is decent coverage against Breloom and flyings without making me take up space in front of Rotom. Protect because man do I HATE having to find Spore fodder for brainless lead Brelooms and its also nice to pin choice lockers with. The speed evs is so I can breathe a little easier against opposing Jolly LO SD Lucario who Clef just does not wanna be seen with and I just threw the rest into HP and defense.

sleepy scizor.jpg

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Ok I ran Scizor anyways but thats only cause this whole team gets dunked on by LO Lati and Zam who comes in a little too easily on the revenge duty so I need a Scizor. Defogs nice to help preserve multiscale and LO turns for my big hitters and U-Turn loves to help get in those very same big hitters. Scizors just such a team player, honestly.

CLOSIN THOUGHTS

Like I said, I think the Gliscor and maybe the Clef can be played around with. I have a lot of phys attackers so im kinda thinking about somehow putting heal bell on that Clef but idk. Running choice band lucario would be SUPER sick but im not that cool BUT THE ESPEEDERS NEED TO STAY. Oh yeah I really dont have switch ins for certain hard hitting mons like Starmie and Staraptor so I kind of rely on trading with them. I also make a deal about Heatran because while I can take care of it offensively coming in on it is such a pain. Thanks for reading, buddies!!! I'll appreciate any help!!

IMPORTABLE

and some battles just cause
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1510445082
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1510447656
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1510450752-1gt29dgepj9z0uski2grlkfplxsub1dpw

Attachments

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Good team with offensive presence but also keeping a balance. I see a lot of priority that can be important if you are exposed or in a delicate situation. Great team, it shows that it is well planned with a clear idea. Well, for my part I will try to help although it may not be very useful when it comes to improving what already works.

It is true that loom can be a problem, as it was in DPP with its famous Spore. Now you have the advantage of being able to see it and sense that it can be a start. Hm, Protect on Glisc is not a bad idea, because in addition to avoiding Spore you can see what your opponent will use, especially if it's a choice. Anyway, as a second option, I would try Roost instead, it seems vital to me although somehow you already have a recovery method, but not that reliable.

If you try that small change, you can use Sleep Talk in nite, but the downside is that you will have to sacrifice something that may be important. Another option is Lum Berry. If you want to keep the current structure there is no problem.

Lastly, perhaps the smallest but most significant change, I was simply considering Crawdaunt Jolly > Adamant for threats like Rotom-W, where you have nothing to absorb WoW and it's a mon that can be somewhat annoying. Anyway, I think with Adaptability + LO you still hit hard.

I really don't see changes above, I think this team is fine like this, but trying to help makes me happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)