SM RU FABIO Offense (peaked 1544, 86% GXE)

Introduction

I've been reborn from the ashes and I've brought with me a gift from the underworld aka RU. So OU is pretty terrible right now, even though I'm still good at it, it's really not fun to play the same 4 teams over and over again. And thus I went back to my safe zone RU to actually enjoy myself. Pretty proud of this team, it got me to Top 30 on ladder, and it has Mega Ampharos aka FABIO aka HEATAH FAJITA mascot so yea lol. This team was actually built a long ass time ago, before the Blastoise drop, but still functions very well.

2.PNG

The Team

Fabio (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Let's be honest, Mega Ampharos is fucking trash in RU since 80% of mons can kill it with rocks up. But ya boi still makin' it work with the original HEATAH FAJITA set - RestTalk. With max investment, Fabio can shrug off any hits from non-offensive mons and even endure 1 super-effective attack from offensive ones like Zygarde-10%. Volt Switch helps gain slow momentum, Dragon Pulse still shit on everything neutral even without EVs, Rest keeps Fabio healthy and Sleep Talk gives it the chance not to be complete fodder while asleep. Honestly I only chose Amp cuz it's Fabio lol.

Necrozma @ Firium Z / Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Knock Off / Power Gem
- Heat Wave
Alright, now for the real parts of the team. We got a Jaded Jellicent original here - Lead Firium Z Necrozma. Sets up rocks, Knock something off like Umbreon or Cress, Photon Geyser 2HKOs almost every lead and Z Heat Wave is for the ones that Geyser doesn't hit. Since many rocks lead in RU are Steels, nuking them with Z Heat Wave can either prevent their rocks in the match, or severely weaken them for other team members to pick off. EVs and a Modest nature maximize damage output so as to guarantee a kill on lead, with the Speed needed to outpace standard rocks Nidoqueen. You can tweak it so it outspeeds Mega Blastoise, but the power loss isn't worth it.
Other options:
- Twisted Spoon can be used over Firium Z if you want Cloyster as your Z-move user.
- Power Gem can be used over Knock to hit Mandibuzz.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Defog
The king of ORAS RU returns, doing what Flygon does best, hazard and U-turn support. I really don't like Dragon Dance sets since it's still hella weak after a Dance, and Kommo-o does it better anyway. Speaking of Kommo-o, Scarf Flygon is used to check that thing after +1, hopefully without a sub up. Besides that, it's just standard Scarf Flygon. EQ and Rage for STABs, U-turn to switch out of unfavorable matchups and Defog for hazards. It also somewhat checks Salazzle and is a nice cleaner late-game. And with Gardevoir dying down in usage, Flygon is loving EQ spam.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Pursuit
Probably my new favorite mon in RU. With all the Psychics and Fairies running around, Escavalier fits right in as it provides Pursuit trapping and a fat Fairy answer. Megahorn nukes would-be neutral defensive checks like Blastoise on the switch, and Iron Head is spammable. Protect + Lefties give it decent recovery if used correctly, combined with the bulk investment, allow it multiple chances to switch in. Knock Off can be used over Pursuit to catch Gligar, but I like Pursuit better since it better supports Fabio.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
Now for some actual offensive presence on the team. Life Orb Roserade has no switchins, and if something does switch in like Cress, Sleep Powder is ready to be clicked. This is my way of pressuring things like Gligar, Milotic, Blastoise, Bewear and everything else that's not Specially Defensive. Spikes is useful for stacking, but the ultility Sleep Powder offers is too good to pass up. Like this is the way I stop set up Necrozma lol.

Cloyster @ White Herb / Normalium Z
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation / Explosion
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast / Explosion
And finally the wincon. This was formerly Feraligatr, but then I realized Gatr is ass so I changed it to SS Cloyster. Cloyster also offers more physical bulk to the team, so I use it soft check Zygarde and opposing Gatr not running Superpower. The plan is just DON'T MISS ROCK BLAST fucking bad players dodging rock blasts and critting... And with Roserade + Fabio checking things like Milotic and other bulky waters, the way is paved for a Cloyster sweep.
Other options:
- Normalium Z + Explosion can be used to overpower Milotic.

Conclusion

Honestly laddering doesn't really mean much as far as competitive mons goes, just trying to have fun with THE ONE TRUE LORD FABIO. Anyway, any suggestions and fixes are appreciated, but that's gonna be more for you and others since I'm most comfortable with my version. Thanks for reading :]
P.S. Follow me on Twitch @ jadedjellicent; I'm stream Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Threat list: Goodra, any set up mon. Just stop them before they do it.

Replays (wow lol I won against pretty much every playstyle, too bad I didn't save any replays):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-697631599
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-686603318
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-704986182

Fabio (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Necrozma @ Firium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Defog

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Pursuit

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
Hiya, really unique team! I would personally suggest Twisted Spoon over your firium Z on Necrozma so you can use the Z Crystal on Cloyster. Not only will you usually just be spamming Photon Geyser, Firium Z boosted Heat Wave isnt necessary to beat a lead Mega Lix or Bronzong, especially since you're running Knock over Power Gem. Breakneck Blitz from an Explosion > Rock Blast means you will have to weaken Milotic and such a lot less, since your Roserade can't switch into it forever, even without hazards or burns, b/c Life Orb. There's not a lot of priority in the tier that you'd avoid in comparison to White Herb, the only one that would be a lil troublesome would be a Honch Sucker Punch but you have a lot of mons to deal with Honch.

Hiya, really unique team! I would personally suggest Twisted Spoon over your firium Z on Necrozma so you can use the Z Crystal on Cloyster. Not only will you usually just be spamming Photon Geyser, Firium Z boosted Heat Wave isnt necessary to beat a lead Mega Lix or Bronzong, especially since you're running Knock over Power Gem. Breakneck Blitz from an Explosion > Rock Blast means you will have to weaken Milotic and such a lot less, since your Roserade can't switch into it forever, even without hazards or burns, b/c Life Orb. There's not a lot of priority in the tier that you'd avoid in comparison to White Herb, the only one that would be a lil troublesome would be a Honch Sucker Punch but you have a lot of mons to deal with Honch.
Thanks for the rate :]
About Necrozma and the Z-Crystal being on which mon: In my opinion, Twisted Spoon isn't worth it since it still doesn't secure any important kills on lead. And I did use Z Cloyster before changing it. I get that Z-Explosion Cloyster helps shit on Milotic, but in my own testing, White Herb works out more most of the time, for me at least.
And I don't switch Roserade into Milotic lol. FABIO GOT THAT JOB DONE YESTERDAY LMAO.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'll add that option to the RMT.

resttalk fabio is a very underwhelming set in my opinion. like you said already, it lacks recovery and it still isnt bulky enough to do its job. i feel like its not contributing much to your team atm. a change to a 4 attacks set can heavily improve you match up against balance teams, which really struggles against it + roserade. it also allows necrozma to keep knock off over power gem, and makes dealing with pokemon like mandibuzz easier. most of the threats amphy is supposed to check can be revenged by flygon anyways, so i dont see much issue in changing it, while the team appreciates another breaker that allows cloyster/flygon to clean.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)