Fat People and Electricity UU RMT

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Introduction:
For about a month I hadn't played UU so I wasnt really used to the new Duggy/Donphan metagame. After LonelyNess let me use his excellent team I started to spring ideas of a potential UU team I could use. After playing around and changing hsi team up I still didn't feel like I had a great UU team (for me, for the record LN's UU teams are always excellent). Well after suddenly getting Donphan pop into my head I started spring ideas.

The Rocker

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
---

Newly UU and a great tank of sorts. This thing takes hits so well and covers many UU common leads. The always popular Yanmega lead will NEVER OHKO Donphan, who can OHKO with Stone Edge. Additionally, Donphans allows me to get Rocks up early and even spin any entry hazards my opponent tries to lay down. I was originally rocking an Uxie lead but specs Yanmega was too much of a hassle. Other common UU leads such as Nidoqueen and Ambipom are beaten by this guy as well. Overall, I feel Donphan is one of the best pokes in UU.

The Hard Hitter

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 242 HP/252 Atk/16 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Double-edge
---

This guy is so strongth is amazes me. Waterfall will OHKO Donphan and even does huge damage on resisted hits. I generally use him to poke big holes in my opponent's defense so that later on my secret weapon can
really shine. He kills things like Steelix and Mismagius who otherwise would keep Rotom from sweeping. If this guy is around late game, he is also great for spamming Aqua Jets. They do 80% to Mismagius zomg!

The Rosie O'Donnell

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/34 Spd/72 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Encore
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
---
This thing is what makes my team fun. At any given moment I can instantly change pace and send this thing in to slow the game down. It's great for beating stall since Magic Guard+Toxic+Encore Beats Milotic, Spiritomb, etc. Plus I neutralize a deadly sweeper, Mismagius, who cannot touch me do to Encore. Additionally, +1 Hp Fighting will NEVER 2HKO Clefable so I'm totally able to just Toxic Stall it should it choose those moves. Seismic Toss+Toxic+SR means I will be warring many things down, the whole idea of this thing is to let me poison as many things as possible so the rest of my team can sweep easily.

The Living Salad Disaster

Venusaur (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 236 HP/22 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Talk
---

Given that UU is now full of Steels and Dragons, Grass+Poison moves are much more viable. What's really scary is Specs Leaf Storm. This thing serves the same point as Azumarill but operating on the Special Spectrum. The moves allow unresisted coverage minus Steel. For the final slot, Sleep Talk allows me a sleep absorber. Since UU is such a fast paced metagame, a sleeping poke is a pretty big negative. With this alleviated I can still hit with a high powered move while sleeping. This allows me many suprise kills since people think Venusaur is no longer problematic.

The Moisture Loving Stat Upper

Toxicroak (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
---
I really hate feeling helpless against Rain Dance, with this guy, I totally own Rain Dance teams. Additonally, Sucker Punch priority is great for netting kills on weakened pokes. Stone Edge and Cross Chop provide excellent coverage and used with max positive nature attack and Life Orb mean this guy is so strongth. One SD in late game can mean a clean sweep of my opponent's team, and I like sweeping my opponent :) Dry Skin is the best part of this guy, lmao Ludicolo. He often sets up on rain dance teams which otherwise provide deadly sweeping potential.

The Secret Weapon

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
---

Hello my secret weapon :) First off, thank you JabbaTheGriffin for alerting me to how great this set is in UU. This thing can actually come in at any point of the game, but I especially love coming in on Registeel (as I think Jabba said he did). They always are shocked by sub+charge and end up allowing me to get some free attack boost while they fail to break the sub. Things like Honchkrow or Absol are shocked too. They often try to Sucker Punch only to be met by sub. Then a nice Tbolt takes care of both of them. This thing ruins stall too. Setting up on Chansey can mean game over for stall just like that! Ultimately, I <333333333333 this guy!

Reverb

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Threat List: Stolen from LonelyNess

Mismagius - Clefable can Encore it, Azumarill does ~80% to it with Aqua Jet.

Blaziken - Probably go to Azumarill

Roserade - Go to Venusaur if offensive, Clefable if defensive.

Registeel - Rotom fun, Donphan, Azumarill etc...

Milotic - Clefable if defensive, Rotom if I can get it in, otherwise either Azumarill or Toxicroak.

Steelix - Azumarill can rape it, Donphan can come in on it and spin SR, Specs Leaf Storm from Venusar ruins it, Clefable can Encore it, Toxicroak if it's weakened can kill it.

Ambipom - Donphan can handle it, it cant touch him.

Hitmontop - See Ambipom.

Honchkrow - Either Donphan or Toxicroak since they both win 1on1, the concern is what move Honchkrow uses.

Spiritomb- Clefable can Encore it, Venusaur can own it with Leaf Storm.

Arcanine- Azumarill, Donphan, etc. Clefable can hp stall off Flare Blitz.

Clefable- Toxicroak and Azumarill can take care of it.

Azumarill- Venusaur or Toxicroak can absorb it's attacks usually.

Claydol - Clefable can Toxic it.

Espeon - I usually have Clefable Encore+Toxic.

Regirock - Donphan, Azumarill, Venusaur, all beat it one on one.

Uxie- Clefable Toxics it.

Yanmega - SR rapes it but Donphan will beat the lead ones which is what Yanmega usually is.

Slowbro- Rotom rapes it, so does Venusaur. Clefable can Toxic it.

Chansey- Rotom sets up on it.Hariyama- Three STAB Flying Attacks going around on my team and no real switch-ins to speak of and you have one dead Hariyama.

Feraligatr- Azumarill, DD LO sets can be tricky.

Toxicroak- Donphan if it's physical, if not, it will usually cost me a poke if Venusaur is not alive.

Moltres- SR raped, also Azumarill can AQ for the kill and Rotom outspeeds and KOs after SR.

Ludicolo- Absorb the Surf with Toxicroak then Cross Chop.

Kabutops- Toxicroak resists all it's attacks.

Absol - Generally I'll go to Donphan.

Hitmonlee & Other Fighters- Donphan can handle them unless he's weakened.

Venusaur- Venusaur if offensive, Clefable if defensive.

Magmortar- Azumarill can come in on it. Since it's SR weak it cant just keep coming in.

Sceptile - Venusaur if offensive, Clefable if defensive.

Hi Reverb. Just a quick thought and potential improvement. If you're worried about status you could run trickorb or just orb and stick with toxic. That's one of the perks of running clefable. Then you could use sleep powder on venusaur over sleep talk since you can absorb any/all status with clefable.(after orb is activated)

Just a nitpick about your venu set: ice/grass/poison is walled by steel!

Reverb

Oh yeah, lol that was a dumb statement I'll correct that

I'll try out the different Clefable set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)